The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a cautionary tale with a large portion of humour. Read it at your own risk.

My son is happily hanging out in Montreal in a share house. He’s demonstrating a commitment to fit in by having French lessons. Prior to his arrival in Montreal he passed through several of his favourite US cities visiting the local ball parks and watching the great American game.

In New York he attended a game and bought himself another bobble head. Some dude nicknamed Thor who plays for the Mets. He purchased some odds and ends for his family and took them all to the USPS, bought himself a cardboard box and mailed the contents to Australia. Or so he thought!!

He posted two parcels around the same time and the first arrived without a problem. “Where was the New York parcel?” I hear you ask.

My son finally checked the tracking and discovered his parcel had been sent Austria! Hands up who laughed. Who guessed the plot twist?

My son messaged me and I saw the funny side of the predicament. I asked him where it had been sent and he told me Vienna. I responded with “Oh, Vienna!” All I got was cricket chirrups.

It gets worse. When he contacted me his parcel had been to Austria then returned to the US and then re-sent to Austria. And the US leads the Free World. Someone in Austria displayed some initiative and re-routed it to Australia where it arrived intact today.
C29C4020-43C2-4164-B231-1A7D5F019A99.jpeg
Well mostly intact.

These items survived.
6B033117-66B1-454D-851D-F6D4D5682682.jpeg
Alas the Peach cup from the Nintendo shop didn’t.
C7997842-250A-4437-9CE9-37AAFDB3C2C8.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate all you guys … 1154 hours of annual …. 14.32 weeks long service …. 879 hours sickies and I can't take any of them :(

Seriously BlueBelle envious :) :) :)

My wife and I depart for England on 4/9/18.

Apart from seeing a lot more of London this time we’ve arranged separate trips to Portsmouth (to see Old Pompey play Shrewsbury Town), Oxford (to pick up my enrolment forms) and Liverpool (to satisfy my obsession with all things Beatles).
Spent a week in London a few years ago but we didn't get to Liverpool. But we did squeeze a trip to Abbey Road studios and the zebra crossing for that obligatory photo.

Have a great trip Robbo and send some photos of the Cavern Club!!

Kicking back after our first full day in London. Today we took the hop-on, hop-off bus option and saw plenty of London sights.

We’re in a great location in South Kensington staying in the student accommodation at the Imperial College. A five minute walk one way and you’re walking through one of the gates for Hyde Park. Walk the other way and you pass the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum. Not far away is world famous Harrods. We walked in yesterday and browsed through the Gift Shop. Put the Harrods name on anything and charge like a wounded bull. Yesterday evening we took photos of the Royal Albert Hall and the Albert Memorial. Again only a short distance from our accommodation.

Tomorrow we’ve got tickets for the Tower of London. The Crown Jewels, a bleak history and the famous ravens who ensure the stability of the British Crown.
83063269-CB0F-440A-9021-B19D755F4C36.jpeg
B0BA3CD5-6AA7-4D71-BB95-DADCA67611F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back