The Travel Thread 🚗 🚢 ✈

Remove this Banner Ad

Split, interesting place very busy with cruise ship people :eek:
Would’ve been amazing 20 years ago however we’re enjoying it, people always make it IMO Croats are great, friendly and by and large helpful (cept for cranky bus driver when we misplaced ticket .. google translate to the rescue!)
Aphrodite its all game of thrones here
GOT museum, shops, Souvenirs wasted on me but huge here
023E99C9-FD38-4286-B00B-CA5BADC541CE.jpeg 0DC678D6-79F7-401F-B04C-1A70A3A3767D.jpeg

1D5952A9-AF17-4285-BD8D-FAE65E570B6E.jpeg 67295429-3085-4C62-9F13-5C5A0FAE6AFB.jpeg
Grgur Ninski in the 9th century fought against the Romans wanted the indigenous language spoken in the churches .... rubbing his big toe is supposedly for good luck.

I rubbed the whole foot for good measure for us Blue Baggers 😍

Only been through on the train. Sorry. Do have a couple of restaurants to recommend in Rome if you want a special night out.
Armandos
La ciambella Best eggplant parmigiana in the world

Or Quercia near campo de Fiori had a pistachio creme brulee that was yum. Plus great pasta.
Hey BG

Booked La Ciambella a few weeks ago got there tonight the place is in darkness and much apologies as the power outage for a few hours :eek::'( oh well wasn’t meant to be shame as we liked the look of it plus we’re down to our last clean shirts:) so maybe next time

Might try Quercia tomorrow as we’re nearby..

Hey BG

Booked La Ciambella a few weeks ago got there tonight the place is in darkness and much apologies as the power outage for a few hours :eek::'( oh well wasn’t meant to be shame as we liked the look of it plus we’re down to our last clean shirts:) so maybe next time

Might try Quercia tomorrow as we’re nearby..
Oh bummer. Was looking forward to your review. Enjoy Roma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the markets operating in the piazzas? We were there before Christmas and it was a real feature to wander around the markets.
yes markets everywhere

Spent a few hours in the Borghese Gardens nice respite from the heat

yes markets everywhere

Spent a few hours in the Borghese Gardens nice respite from the heat
You’re bringing back memories.:) and :'(.

I went to the Tivoli Gardens in Rome with my mum in 1976.

The water features were amazing and very Italian. Water was spouting from all parts of the human anatomy.

Oh bummer. Was looking forward to your review. Enjoy Roma.
La Quercia was really very good thanks
Eggplant Parma, Polpette, pasta and pistachio brûlée

Farewell Roma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back