Updated The Tromp Family - Mark, Jacoba and kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Once read an interesting article on "ways the world might end". One of the propositions was mass insanity. I guess this is it in microcosm.

I was trying to think of something along these lines the other day. Best I could think was family that trips together sticks together. They come from a classic area of campfire gurners - just as many people stuffed up on party drugs in the hills as in st kilda.

Wrong area of the hills, Silvan is below the Dandy's, its mostly farms and has a lot of families with Italian heritage. Belgrave and up to Olinda are hippy areas as well as out towards Warburton.

So going on the timeline that means that the 2 daughters were together at the time the car was stolen?

So we have :

Dad: found near Wangaratta, where he seemed to be sticking around. Questioned, but not charged

Mum: under mental health care after wandering into a hospital in Yass. No charges

Daughter 1: Made it back to Melbourne. Charged with vehicle theft and benefiting from proceeds of crime.

Daughter 2: Found hiding in the back of a Ute in "a catatonic state" in Goulburn NSW. Charged with vehicle theft but charges dropped under mental health act.

Son: Made it back to Melbourne after leaving family in NSW and deciding to catch a train back. Oddly threw his phone out the car window on the trip up to NSW. No charges.

Guys, I'm stumped.

Religious family with mental health issues that likes mushrooms? They all acted too weird for it to be simply owing money to criminals, though that could part of the story.

Dad released without charge so doesn't sound like they killed anybody intentionally or otherwise.

Very weird.

Also not sure why two of the kids thought speaking to the media was a good idea. Exact opposite of what to do if you don't want media attention.

If daughter stealing the car is the only criminal thing that happened we'll probably never get the full story.

Last edited:
Religious family with mental health issues that likes mushrooms? They all acted too weird for it to be simply owing money to criminals, though that could part of the story.

Dad released without charge so doesn't sound like they killed anybody intentionally or otherwise.

Very weird.

Also not sure why two of the kids thought speaking to the media was a good idea. Exact opposite of what to do if you don't want media attention.

If daughter stealing the car is the only criminal thing that happened we'll probably never get the full story.

Unless the kids continue to speak to the media and end up on some current affairs show.

This story is messed up, none of this makes sense.

Apparently ACA & TT are about to start a bidding war for the story. Can anyone say $200k?
Kerching.

Thank you, come again.

Today Tonight is a WA & SA only show now.

60 Minutes vs Sunday Night in my opinion. It's proper prime time stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today Tonight is a WA & SA only show now.

60 Minutes vs Sunday Night in my opinion. It's proper prime time stuff.
I stand corrected in that case. Either way the current affairs shows are prepared to pay big bucks.

He's apologised now so I guess that's that, all done, let's move on shall we?
Yeah let's all move on...

Why was he wandering around the middle of nowhere for three days if he has no mental health issues?

The weirdest thing about this to me is that they left their home as a group but all ending up splitting up and were on their own when found. How do you go from sticking together as a family then everyone ends up on their own o_O All very strange...

The weirdest thing about this to me is that they left their home as a group but all ending up splitting up and were on their own when found. How do you go from sticking together as a family then everyone ends up on their own o_O All very strange...
And now seemingly back together as a happy fambly, apart from the mother and daughter still in hospital.

Interesting situation.

I used to visit my Aunty and Uncle's Canola farm a few hours north of Perth in the 90's (they were city-slickers themselves and decided to make the country move) - about 300 Acres with a bunch of livestock to look after as well. I think it might have been 10 minutes to the next property.

Big farms like that require your attention 24/7 - and we noticed throughout increased visits that their behaviour/demeanour began to change dramatically. Robbed from their usual social city-hive, they became child-like in their bickering, and even actually growling at each other upon occasion. My auntie in particular used to make strange and absent-minded comments that made my own Mother deeply concerned for her mental health and safety. They tended to stay away from the 'bogan' country-types in town and became extremely isolated. In the end they gave it up, divorced and moved back to Perth - it took some time for Auntie to readjust but she was fine in the end.

I'm not saying the situation is the same; but sometimes those close-knit, isolated home settings can get a little... strange.

On the other hand, the country's full of Hipsters/Hipster family's and esoteric shrooming isn't as unlikely as it used to be.

Apparently all 3 kids work at the farm 7 days a week as well, with their parents.

That must get taxing, and could be incredibly isolating. No real independence from your parents, they're your parental figures so if they start believing that they're being 'followed' or 'targeted' then you would still perhaps believe them if you hadn't matured enough to break away from them..

I think they just went nuts.

Sounds like something from the Crash Test Dummies song, Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm.

Once there was this boy, whose
family disappeared when they ran out of the house, scared
And when they finally found them,
his Dad just gave the cameras the finger
He couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just lived there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back