The Ultimate 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread - Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors (Game 1 Friday 3 June)

What was your favourite moment from the 2022 NBA regular season?

• Klay Thompson's return

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Saddiq Bey going for 50

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • The Knicks running it back

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • LeBron having fans kicked out of a game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lakers holding a mock coronation ceremony for King James after beating the Pacers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The Lakers missing the playoffs

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • The Lakers giving up a lottery pick

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Westbook's post game press conferences

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

FRIwG2AXsAIvhzF

My prediction of GSW in 6 comes to fruition.

Good playoff run from the Celtics, solid young core that will be capable of getting back there but it won’t be next year if the Bucks are healthy.

Congrats GSW - can only beat who's in front of you and they did that comfortable in every round. Just too experienced and well-coached, with a superstar playing at a high level.

Boston should obviously be proud at what they've achieved and with a first-year head coach too, but jeez they've had some issues exposed in this series. Obviously they don't/can't take care of the ball properly at a high level, and you'd have to wonder if Smart is the answer at PG despite his good season. Tatum probably just needs to mature to get to the next level, but finishing around the basket was bordering on atrocious at times. Brown played really well in patches but nowhere near consistent enough. Bench was just m.i.a. in most of the finals series, not sure if you can run it back with that group as backup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think I've ever seen such a dumb team make it this far. Offensively, defensively, doesn't matter... just so many poor decisions, so many lazy plays. Celts have lost this series as much as the Dubs have won it, maybe even more so.
Absolutely more so. This was there to win for the Celtics. There is nothing the Warriors did that was unbeatable.

Celtics simply choked. This is going to hurt Tatum for a long time.

Absolutely more so. This was there to win for the Celtics. There is nothing the Warriors did that was unbeatable.

Celtics simply choked. This is going to hurt Tatum for a long time.
Eh? The Warriors could have also won it in 5 if they didn’t choke game 1.

Celtics also could have very easily lost the last 2 rounds.

The turnovers issue wasn’t them choking it is a legit major weakness that the entire league had known about for a long time, pressure them crossing hog court and wait for a mistake.

The Celtics just have more weaknesses. The Warriors are no where near as good of a team as they were in the past, but they are so good at covering those cracks.

The talk about Curry's LeGaCy is going to be nauseating next week.

This doesnt move Curry much imo, he's the same guy he has always been. Steve Kerr as a coach is probably the big winner of this season's run imo.
That depends a lot on where you rated him before it I guess, this Warriors team is far from a great one.

Eh? The Warriors could have also won it in 5 if they didn’t choke game 1.

Celtics also could have very easily lost the last 2 rounds.

The turnovers issue wasn’t them choking it is a legit major weakness that the entire league had known about for a long time, pressure them crossing hog court and wait for a mistake.

The Celtics just have more weaknesses. The Warriors are no where near as good of a team as they were in the past, but they are so good at covering those cracks.
If Tatum, Brown and Smart as good as everyone says they are, and add Horford, they should have been much more competitive than that.

Truth is they were miles off.

Warriors were great, but the Celtics were horrible.

I called when the Celtics were 2-1 up that the Warriors were overmatched. And they were - the Celtics are bigger, they defend better, they were dominating the boards, they are younger, but on offence they disappeared. No one wanted it.

It is a fact Boston should have been much more competitive than they were. Boston didn't just lose 4 times, they got torched four times.

And most of those times the Warriors were playing a team of relative short people.

But hey, * the Celtics

If Tatum, Brown and Smart as good as everyone says they are, and add Horford, they should have been much more competitive than that.

Truth is they were miles off.

Warriors were great, but the Celtics were horrible.

I called when the Celtics were 2-1 up that the Warriors were overmatched. And they were - the Celtics are bigger, they defend better, they were dominating the boards, they are younger, but on offence they disappeared. No one wanted it.

It is a fact Boston should have been much more competitive than they were. Boston didn't just lose 4 times, they got torched four times.

And most of those times the Warriors were playing a team of relative short people.

But hey, * the Celtics
Maybe people were overrating the Celtics? Smart is a great defender and improved on the offensive end, but has never been a true point guard.

Horford over performed if anything, he is capable of going off but he can’t maintain it at his age.

Guys like Pritchard have them some good minutes at times, but is unplayable in certain situations.

Realistically I think they were lucky to get past the Bucks

Dubs' defence being underplayed a tad. They are much better at it than people give them credit for.

A lot of talk about them theoretically being exposed by bigs, but IMO it's kinda the opposite - it's a quick, Morant-type guard that gives them the biggest headache. A team with wing scorers like Boston, that they can handle.

Fair play to them, were easily the most consistent team in the playoffs.

Maybe people were overrating the Celtics? Smart is a great defender and improved on the offensive end, but has never been a true point guard.

Horford over performed if anything, he is capable of going off but he can’t maintain it at his age.

Guys like Pritchard have them some good minutes at times, but is unplayable in certain situations.

Realistically I think they were lucky to get past the Bucks

Game 1 they got 15 threes from Horford, Smart and Derrick White.

That will never happen in another NBA game.

Back