The Ultimate 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread - there can only be one.

What was your favourite moment from the 2022 NBA regular season?

• Klay Thompson's return

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Saddiq Bey going for 50

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • The Knicks running it back

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • LeBron having fans kicked out of a game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lakers holding a mock coronation ceremony for King James after beating the Pacers

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • The Lakers missing the playoffs

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • The Lakers giving up a lottery pick

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Westbook's post game press conferences

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

srobbo

Hall of Famer
Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Clarke’s finishing at the rim is really lame. Gets great positioning, but doesn’t finish. He’s left 6-8 pts on the floor tonight.

hamG

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Kew
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta Hawks
Warriors soooo many offensive boards and turnovers. Memphis naught but lucky to have ever been in touch

fidstar

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Isn't every foul by definition unnecessary contact....

Thinking Idea GIF by OttawaRecCulture

fidstar

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Lol, the Kevon Looney game.

Memphis have given a good account, but can't afford 20 offensive boards against the Dubs.

Looney with a Rodman performance. It was mind boggling that he didn't start Game 5.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toffee Lion

BigFooty Rising Star
Oct 10, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Everton, Bucks, Packers
Khris Middleton officially ruled out of Game 7, not totally surprised.

I really want to add that the Celtics performance shouldn't be diminished by us not having Middleton this series. Love Khris, would kill to have him available but let's not act like the guy is some super reliable consistent player. He can have VERY cold nights and who's to say had he played Game 7 he doesn't just walk into the gym and put up 4/17.

Celtics have a better overall squad, better coach and deserve to move onto the ECF. Would definitely be rooting for them against Miami.

I'm very concerned with the Bucks moving forward, the squad depth is just not there and Bobby Portis won't stick around again on chump change, dude deserves to get some money. We don't have the salary space to make many moves either, we're pretty locked in with this team and it's aging.

Truthfully this Bucks roster should have won more than just one ring. Ran into a white hot Raptors in the 2019 ECF, succumb to the bubble and got the chocolates last year. Looks likely we'll fall short this year as well unless Giannis goes nuclear in Game 7. I'd give the Bucks one more season as a real contender and then it's downhill.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond

I really want to add that the Celtics performance shouldn't be diminished by us not having Middleton this series. Love Khris, would kill to have him available but let's not act like the guy is some super reliable consistent player. He can have VERY cold nights and who's to say had he played Game 7 he doesn't just walk into the gym and put up 4/17.

Celtics have a better overall squad, better coach and deserve to move onto the ECF. Would definitely be rooting for them against Miami.

I'm very concerned with the Bucks moving forward, the squad depth is just not there and Bobby Portis won't stick around again on chump change, dude deserves to get some money. We don't have the salary space to make many moves either, we're pretty locked in with this team and it's aging.

Truthfully this Bucks roster should have won more than just one ring. Ran into a white hot Raptors in the 2019 ECF, succumb to the bubble and got the chocolates last year. Looks likely we'll fall short this year as well unless Giannis goes nuclear in Game 7. I'd give the Bucks one more season as a real contender and then it's downhill.
Kris Midd by being on the court has an effect that cannot be measured via stats. Defensive schemes change allowing for others to thrive.

Toffee Lion

BigFooty Rising Star
Oct 10, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Everton, Bucks, Packers
Kris Midd by being on the court has an effect that cannot be measured via stats. Defensive schemes change allowing for others to thrive.
Oh for sure, as I said I’d rather him on the court everyday but it’s not as simple as Middleton plays = Bucks win. Would hate to discredit the work of the Celtics.

Bit of an overreaction. As long as you have Giannis good things will happen.
Probably overreacting a little but also I think there is some logical pieces in there. It’s an aging squad that is tied up financially.

Having Giannis offsets a lot of negatives but he cannot do it all himself, as proven in Game 6.

Bucks can still win Game 7, I’m not giving up just yet but just assessing the squad as a whole moving forward after this season.

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

Looking at the Bucks salaries, you’ll be a contender for at least 3 more seasons after this one

Toffee Lion

BigFooty Rising Star
Oct 10, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Everton, Bucks, Packers
Yeah, pretty bad take to say they won't be a contender for a while.
I didn't say that? I even said next season we'd still be a real contender.

Looking at the Bucks salaries, you’ll be a contender for at least 3 more seasons after this one
I'd still argue that next season, and maybe the one after, would be what I would consider "real contending" seasons. Teams can still contend with an aging list but generally aren't the best and would require a LOT to go right to find success.

Middleton will be 31 next year and Holiday will be 32. So yeah, the next two seasons are what I consider the last two real contending years. After which they're 33 and 34 respectively, I don't think it's too far fetched to assume things could start going downhill at that point.

Besides Middleton and Holiday though, my major point in the OP is more on the rest of the squad. Lopez is cooked, Portis will move on to get paid elsewhere and due to the salary situation the next few years will be reliant on nailing vet signings.