The Ultimate 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread - Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors (Game 1 Friday 3 June)

What was your favourite moment from the 2022 NBA regular season?

• Klay Thompson's return

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Saddiq Bey going for 50

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • The Knicks running it back

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • LeBron having fans kicked out of a game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lakers holding a mock coronation ceremony for King James after beating the Pacers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The Lakers missing the playoffs

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • The Lakers giving up a lottery pick

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Westbook's post game press conferences

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I also take solace from the fact the depleted LA Lakers tied the season series with boston.
I know you're joking but I did search it up anyway. LeBron/AD and the rest (Westbrook included), all played against Boston.

Golden State vs Boston would make for a very interesting NBA finals.
Miami Heat Basketball GIF by NBA

Hey if they can prolong their series as much as they can it is a win for us.

Need the Warriors to tire somehow, had an easy run thus far.

Go Luka then lol

They have nothing else lol

But the Miami Heat have PJ Tucker, how is this possible?

In all honesty, I ain't surprised. I saw some really good signs from the Celtics in the Bucks series that made me believe they have what it takes to win the ECF.

I do take selfish solace knowing the Middleton-less Bucks pushed the potential NBA Finalists to 7 games.
No Herro is a huge loss, they need more players who can create their own shot

Boston don’t have players banged up?
They do, they also have a deeper roster. It’s just a lot easier to scheme defensively against a team with limited scoring options.

Same reason I think Middleton was a much bigger loss in that series than any Celtic, the Bucks become a hell of a lot easier to defend without him!

They do, they also have a deeper roster. It’s just a lot easier to scheme defensively against a team with limited scoring options.

Same reason I think Middleton was a much bigger loss in that series than any Celtic, the Bucks become a hell of a lot easier to defend without him!
I dream that if we make it past Miami, we might see Williams and Smart play every game against GSW/Mavs

Nah, with us any of our starting 5 is out is as big loss as middleton because yes Tatum is the star of the team but if JB, Smart, Al or timelord are out there are all as important as each other because they all bring their own skills which the other doesn't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Celtics win this year, it'll be the best win since the Mavs in 2011 IMO.

It would also just be second time the Eastern Conference won back to back titles since the Jordan era.

Miami 12' & 13'
Bucks 21' & Celtics 22'

Fun facts aside, I'd still have Golden State as favourites.

If the Celtics win this year, it'll be the best win since the Mavs in 2011 IMO.

It would also just be second time the Eastern Conference won back to back titles since the Jordan era.

Miami 12' & 13'
Bucks 21' & Celtics 22'

Fun facts aside, I'd still have Golden State as favourites.
That Mavs team was 57-25 and didn't go under 500 throughout the season though. I'm talking about a turnaround as quick as what we've done thus far, even if we don't win the chip this year it has been a remarkable turnaround for us.

Me too GSW have the experience over us in the finals in teams of players and coach, but I still give us a good chance as long as we can hit our shots. We won't stand a chance if we shoot as poorly as we have in the last 2 games against the Heat.

That Mavs team was 57-25 and didn't go under 500 throughout the season though. I'm talking about a turnaround as quick as what we've done thus far, even if we don't win the chip this year it has been a remarkable turnaround for us.

Me too GSW have the experience over us in the finals in teams of players and coach, but I still give us a good chance as long as we can hit our shots. We won't stand a chance if we shoot as poorly as we have in the last 2 games against the Heat.
Sorry wasn't referencing your post above. I think many consider the Mavs title to be the most recent impressive win, I'm just saying I'd put the Celtics in that category if they get up.

Just a thought has there been any team that has had the turnaround season in NBA history that we have had?

From 18-21 in the season to one win away from making the finals surely that hasn't been done before.
The Cavs against the Warriors in 16 would have to go close?

That Mavs win is pretty insane, Dirk is so underrated and i will never hear anything different from anyone.

How many seasons like the current one does Luka need to emulate / surpass until he overtakes Dirk as the GOAT Maverick?

I'm not sure how many teams you can say this about, but arguably three of the Mavericks' five greatest ever players aren't American.

As it currently stands, would there be room for both Nash and Luka in their all time Starting 5?

I'm assuming Kidd starts.

How many seasons like the current one does Luka need to emulate / surpass until he overtakes Dirk as the GOAT Maverick?

I'm not sure how many teams you can say this about, but arguably three of the Mavericks' five greatest ever players aren't American.

As it currently stands, would there be room for both Nash and Luka in their all time Starting 5?

I'm assuming Kidd starts.
Still a long way to go to catch Dirk, definitely on that level as a player he just needs to put the reps in. Also needs a title minimum as well!

Back