FTA-TV The Umbrella Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

On one day in 1989, 43 infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before. Seven are adopted by billionaire industrialist Sir Reginald Hargreeves, who creates the Umbrella Academy and prepares his "children" to save the world. In their teenage years, though, the family fractures and the team disbands. Fast forward to the present time, when the six surviving members of the clan reunite upon the news of Hargreeves' passing. They work together to solve a mystery surrounding their father's death, but divergent personalities and abilities again pull the estranged family apart, and a global apocalypse is another imminent threat. The series is based on a collection of comics and graphic novels created and written by My Chemical Romance lead singer Gerard Way

finished season 1 last night at 2am.

wasa fairly satisfactory conclusion. favorite character was probably Hazel.

i generally really hate books, comics, shows, movies about superheroes and people with super powers. find it childish and fans of it systematic of a general sense of inadequacy.

i didnt love this show but it was entertaining to a degree.

dont think ill follow season 2 etc

i need a new show to get hooked on, any suggestions??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i generally really hate books, comics, shows, movies about superheroes and people with super powers. find it childish and fans of it systematic of a general sense of inadequacy.

Not 'Doom Patrol'. A bunch of losers with super powers, which could have worked but the show tries to hard to be funny. I gave up part way into the 2nd episode.

finished season 1 last night at 2am.

wasa fairly satisfactory conclusion. favorite character was probably Hazel.

i didnt love this show but it was entertaining to a degree.

dont think ill follow season 2 etc

Um you get star wars is about superheros right and you are probably the Most obsessive star wars fan in this country given your posting history.

So,
What happened to the other 36?
How did Ben die?
Why is Five the only one without a name?
How did Pogo become humanoid?
Why was Spaceboy called that, what was his power other than strength?
If they were so famous as kid crimefighters why/how did it stop?
Why was it called the Umbrella Academy - other than that Hargreeves bought an umbrella shop when he arrived in US?
Why no mobile phones?
Why the Commission is set up in 1950's Americam using typewriters and pneumatic tubes?

Last edited:
Why are there no effin mobile phones. Ruins tbe show. That and the fact no one really gives a sh*** about stopping the apocolypse except for no.5 who gets teased as having an apocolypse addiction. Its like teasing him for being reliant on oxygen.

Hanzel best character followed by the guy who talks to dead people whose name I cant remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back