Review The Umpire 'Kimmi' Schmitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Just in case you forgot him :

View attachment 489490 :'(
I'm trying to remember if this was the port game I was referring to earlier when the umpiring set Port up in the first qtr and it started with Trengove pushing Goldy in the back to set the first one up....was it the same as that shocking Firrito decision?

This guy shouldn't umpire our two teams together again

If there's an umpire out there that just seems to have a good feel for the game, you don't always get it your way but can see some consistency in the calls... he's the exact opposite of this guy who seems to ignore 5 acts and then pick out the soft nothing one in the middle. Ruins the spectacle of the game and if the AFL had any brains at all he'd be put out to pasture. Painful to watch.

Schmidt (being of German heritage) has never forgiven us for trading Schwass. I remember speaking to him at Festival Hall during The Proclaimers concert, the same day the trade for Shannon Grant went through, and he was bleeding fire.
I pointed out that Peter German was a long time NM player but he was accusing the club of double standards as we had Daniltchenko and Ischenko on the list. He wouldn’t bar up over it. And so yeah, the rest is history.

Loved that Maj HTB on Boak.

Boak had given up and this campaigner was still waiting for the ball to come out to avoid paying the free kick.

i couldn't believe this either. it should have been an immediate whistle but its instead a good 4 seconds after the tackle with Ziebell looking at Schmidt pleadingly. i would speculate that he absolutely didn't want to pay it but knew he had no choice
What was he waiting for?
Should be dropped for delaying the game.
Was he waiting for an in the back? A high contact? The ball to trickle out?
Or we could dream someone jump the fence and cop the life ban for doing the deed.

He is a flog and he knows the supporters have it in for him too.
Deadset **********

Him and monobrow Pannell have a habit of screwing us. Fisher is not much better.

Since when did the 8 metre kick make it in to the rule book?

It allowed Port to set the tempo.

The 8m mark was perfected by Hawthorn, they won entire premierships by doing that.

It's ruining the game.

They may as well just put on netball uniforms and be done with it.

It's ruining the game.

They may as well just put on netball uniforms and be done with it.

The biggest issue at the moment is the amount of throws and incorrect disposal that is just allowed to go due to the need to make the game quick.

The biggest issue at the moment is the amount of throws and incorrect disposal that is just allowed to go due to the need to make the game quick.
And then they pluck a random htb out of their backside where the player had no opportunity.

And then they pluck a random htb out of their backside where the player had no opportunity.
Or have the audacity to call 1 bloke for throwing.

In a tackle you can't:
Just let the ball go
Place the ball on the ground

Also since when was this handball over the head bullshit not throwing the ball? When did that actually happen?

Or have the audacity to call 1 bloke for throwing.

In a tackle you can't:
Just let the ball go
Place the ball on the ground

Also since when was this handball over the head bullshit not throwing the ball? When did that actually happen?
That was Schitt being a moron, it was a handball every day of the week. I found it quite amusing that Port got more holding the man frees than us, considering that Brown was manhandled a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it as soon as I saw he come out - he’ll f*** us over.

Time a petition is done to rid this cancer from our game or at least bring it to the attention of the public.

There were so many frees that this doofus ****ed us over in and even that touched goal - never said anything till he saw it was going through for a goal.
Port players got a free for being looked at while brown was held every single time in the first half

Last edited by a moderator:

And fall back on the 'not making a genuine attempt'

The rules as they are written allow for umpires to ignore or pay free kicks as they see fit.

The rules as they are written allow for umpires to ignore or pay free kicks as they see fit.

HOW THE * ON GODS GREEN EARTH DID DIXON GET A FREE KICK IN FRONT OF GOAL FOR A HIGH TACKLE AND THE EXACT SAME ******* THING ON JACK ZIEBELL SAW US PINGED BECAUSE JACK "DUCKED" AND WAS THEREFORE HOLDING THE BALL?!

They were beyond atrocious. I expect the club will just bend over and cop it in silence again.

Too true. The umpires have been able to justify almost every decision they've made by using the vague rules or falling back to interpretation or the objective of keeping the ball moving.

Nobody wants 100 technical frees paid each match, but real frees need to be paid when they are there.

They were beyond atrocious. I expect the club will just bend over and cop it in silence again.

I'd suggest we're a bit gun shy of making public comments about umpires considering we got fined for calling out the LT hypocrisy.

Holy s**t, the amount of obvious frees our way this clown and maybe fisher missed in the first half was criminal. He didnt even want to pay the Daw holding the ball. The random frees we were getting in the 3rd were of no help when the game was over. First time ive really noticed the umps having an influence in any of our games this year.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ordinary. Brown got infringed in the forwardline all day-nothing,
He gets infringed up on the wing-free kick:poo:

The way in which marking forwards get absolutely nothing is what ruins the game for me. We were screaming our lungs out for free kicks to Petrie, now we're doing it with Brown, and it doesn't matter. They'll pluck out one or two frees and let another 8 or 9 obvious ones go. They'll say "oh the forwards are wrestling too", but find show a forward who wants to wrestle and I'll show you a Motlop who likes contact. They have to because the defender is going to anyway.

Forwards have always had to handle contact, especially having their hair tousled in the marking contest, but never had to deal with basically being grabbed and held with the ball 30m away. That was always a free kick. The focus was on ensuring players could go for the mark.

Carey was the master of using his hips, arse, shoulders and forearms to maintain position, but all of that would have been useless if defenders like Tom ******* Jonas could just wrap him up in tackle with the ball coming in, safe in the knowledge that pay on would be called.

Lockett and Dunstall would have been 60-70 goal full forwards (ie no better than today's best) if Micky Martyn could have gotten away with what goes on now. He'd have destroyed them.

Meanwhile everyone is always bemoaning the lack of scoring, the game is too defensive etc etc...and they're right. It is. But watch what happens to scoring, and the game in general, if forwards are actually allowed to go for marks without constantly being held, and start getting free after free in front of goal. It would change overnight, and for the better.

I'd suggest we're a bit gun shy of making public comments about umpires considering we got fined for calling out the LT hypocrisy.

And we've been ****ed over by umps ever since. In fact since at least the last round of 2015.

The way in which marking forwards get absolutely nothing is what ruins the game for me. We were screaming our lungs out for free kicks to Petrie, now we're doing it with Brown, and it doesn't matter. They'll pluck out one or two frees and let another 8 or 9 obvious ones go. They'll say "oh the forwards are wrestling too", but find show a forward who wants to wrestle and I'll show you a Motlop who likes contact. They have to because the defender is going to anyway.

Forwards have always had to handle contact, especially having their hair tousled in the marking contest, but never had to deal with basically being grabbed and held with the ball 30m away. That was always a free kick. The focus was on ensuring players could go for the mark.

Carey was the master of using his hips, arse, shoulders and forearms to maintain position, but all of that would have been useless if defenders like Tom ******* Jonas could just wrap him up in tackle with the ball coming in, safe in the knowledge that pay on would be called.

Lockett and Dunstall would have been 60-70 goal full forwards (ie no better than today's best) if Micky Martyn could have gotten away with what goes on now. He'd have destroyed them.

Meanwhile everyone is always bemoaning the lack of scoring, the game is too defensive etc etc...and they're right. It is. But watch what happens to scoring, and the game in general, if forwards are actually allowed to go for marks without constantly being held, and start getting free after free in front of goal. It would change overnight, and for the better.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back