The Under 19 Australian Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well deserved wicket for Vidler
Obliged for the link Santana

Wonderful Pommie weather struck again for a no result.

Good prospect Vidler, was impressed by his pace/accuracy in the first leg of the Junior Ashes back in Jan. We have to be careful talking up young bowlers as they can miss years due to back trouble.

Last edited:

Australia male U19 squad to tour England: Hugh Weibgen (c, QLD), Lachlan Aitken (QLD) Harkirat Bajwa (VIC), Mahli Beardman (WA), Harry Dixon (VIC), Cameron Frendo (NSW), Ryan Hicks (NSW), Sam Konstas (NSW), Rafael MacMillan (NSW), Tom Menzies (NT), Cody Reynolds (QLD), Harjas Singh (NSW), Tom Straker (NSW), Josh Vernon (WA), Callum Vidler (QLD), Corey Wasley (WA).

Weibgen takes over the reins from Joel Davies (injured?) Beardman, Frendo, Hicks, Konstas, MacMillan, Menzies, Reynolds, Wasley, all new names from the first series in Jan.

@Santana,dunno bout you but I get excited when I see a schoolboy batting with the technique and composure that this boy shows in the below video.
He is 15 and is featured in the first half of the clip, batting 4 for his school Wesley College, Perth. Easy to find as he scored 55, half his team total.

Last edited:
@Santana,dunno bout you but I get excited when I see a schoolboy batting with the technique and composure that Simon Budge shows in the below video.
He is 15 and is featured in the first half of the clip, batting 4 for his school Wesley College, Perth. Easy to find as he scored 55, half his team total.

Looks very solid. Will keep an eye out for his name

Looks very solid. Will keep an eye out for his name
In keeping with fellow WA juniors, Teague Wyllie and Cooper Connolly, expect this boy to be playing First Grade in two years. Just looked it up he played second grade this year and is being classed as a senior player. Wow. That is some fast tracking.

Last edited:
Sounds good. You gotta link as nothing on the previous link from Santana..

Currently watching some footage of Konstas from a Seconds game, cant be anymore than 18, a big boy he sure gives the leather a fearful whack, while Frendo is interesting, bowls almost medium pace left arm spin with prodigious drift and dip.

Cricinfo is your friend - no streams that I can see but the ECB may have something - ENG-U19 v AUS-U19 | 2023 Australia Under-19s tour of England | Live Score, Schedule, News

Anyone know the last time we had 2 guys in an under 19 side that both hold records for their respective premier cricket clubs? Konstas broke the record more most runs in a premier cricket 1sts season for Sutherland last season and Weibgen is the youngest player to hit a 100 for Valleys (just before or after his 17th Bday I believe).

Had a peak at the some of the highlights of last match and Aitken looks to be be an absolute gun with the gloves, took an absolute screamer. He has a few premier cricket 100's already too so won't be at all surprised if he has a Bulls rookie contract in the next couple seasons considering we have no contracted backup keeper for Peirson right now.

I try not to get super hyped about performance at this level but there looks to be some good quality players in this crop of kids.

Anyone know the last time we had 2 guys in an under 19 side that both hold records for their respective premier cricket clubs? Konstas broke the record more most runs in a premier cricket 1sts season for Sutherland last season and Weibgen is the youngest player to hit a 100 for Valleys (just before or after his 17th Bday I believe).

Had a peak at the some of the highlights of last match and Aitken looks to be be an absolute gun with the gloves, took an absolute screamer. He has a few premier cricket 100's already too so won't be at all surprised if he has a Bulls rookie contract in the next couple seasons considering we have no contracted backup keeper for Peirson right now.

I try not to get super hyped about performance at this level but there looks to be some good quality players in this crop of kids.
Sam Konstas does rack up the runs. There is a huge amount of hype about him and it seems justified.

From this post, it looks like he'll turn 18 sometime later in the year.

We all know we can do with some more young batting talent coming through the ranks, especially when poor Will Pucovski's future is always cloudy.

screenshot-www.facebook.com-2023.08.31-14_48_52.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England currently 8/80. This series has been a bit of a trouncing, though to be fair England are missing a number of guys who would still be eligible as they have been playing county and the 100, most noticeably James Rew who already has 6 FC hundreds and 2 List A 100's under his belt at 19. Still great to see that young blokes putting together excellent performances back to back to back (would have won the 1st match if it wasn't for rain too).

Aussies take out the white ball component of the series, with two unofficial Tests after the final ODI next week. With respect, I read three wickets for only 25 runs from MacMillan. Replay has not been posted by YT as yet.
Took 6/33 in the 3rd match

Took 6/33 in the 3rd match
MacMillan has now taken 9 in two matches then. Replay showed, 4 of his 6 were either bowled, stumped or LB. Super impressive.

Last edited:
AUST X1:Harry Dixon, Sam Konstas, Harjas Singh, Hugh Weibgen (c), Corey Wasley, Lachlan Aitken (wk), Cameron Frendo, Tom Menzies, Josh Vernon, Harkirat Bajwa, Callum Vidler

ENG X1:Ben McKinney (c), Jaydn Denly, Ross Whitfield, Hamza Shaikh, Charles Allison, Noah Thain, Jack Carney (wk), Dominic Kelly, Eddie Jack, Farhan Ahmed, Raphael Weatherall

The first of two Junior Ashes Tests started today.

Aussie bowlers with the early ascendancy, 4/65.

Last edited:
Good first day for the Aussie boys with a punishing undefeated ton from Harry Dixon and a 5for from quick Callum Vidler sees us closing in on the England score with the loss of only three . Earlier offie Harkirat Bajwa contributed to the carnage to rout the Poms for 174 after they had won the toss and batted..

Last edited:
Hopefully they can get the lead over 200 runs
Close, a 174 lead, coincidently the same as the Poms score, but we let the ascendancy slip with all bar five of the deficit wiped off at days end. What should be a match winning innings by Harry Dixon may been undone by some of our wayward bowlers that were smashed in that last session, but skipper Hugh Weibgen came to the rescue before stumps.

Santana said:

The ECB have ****ed up the live feed for this.

Yeh the slackers only showed the final session.

Last edited:
Gee that victory came in a flourish....Konstas and Dixon put the young English bowlers to the sword....devastating opening partnership.... 1 - 0 ....well done to the Aust youngsters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back