Cancelled
10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
Id say Shawn Colbung and Dean Kelly for starters. Both deserved a chance atleast. Any other standouts :confused:

Can't believe Kelly and Hurley missed out.

Can someone tell me something sensible about Jackson Sheringham as well? Mojo rated him higher than Boak, yet Boak goes at 5 in the ND and Sheringham misses out on even being rookied ...

sorry for my ignorance- but where is tom hurley from?

Can someone tell me something sensible about Jackson Sheringham as well? Mojo rated him higher than Boak, yet Boak goes at 5 in the ND and Sheringham misses out on even being rookied ...

He is one of the best pplayers i have seen play, is lightning quick good skills, good awareness and good discipline. The only reason i can think of is his height at 177cm is short, but in my opinion worth the risk, has more upside. He is like a half back version of Brent Harvey.

He is one of the best pplayers i have seen play, is lightning quick good skills, good awareness and good discipline. The only reason i can think of is his height at 177cm is short, but in my opinion worth the risk, has more upside. He is like a half back version of Brent Harvey.

That is exactly it mate. Case in point: Tom Hurley and Dean Kelly, clubs are very stupid with their recuiting at the moment i feel as they go for athletes over footballers. Geez i could get drafted now if i was 2 year younger cos i'm a good athlete, doesnt mean i can play though.

I thought Zac Hier from Woodville-West Torrens would be a certainty to be rookie-listed. A very mobile, physically strong defender.

Very surprised that he hasn't been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should have been taken.

But time to bust a myth, he is not lightning quick. He plays a lightning quick style of football but is actually average speed for an AFL footballer. I think you will find this is why clubs were wary of him as theywould be worried that the way he plays at TAC level he wont be able to play at AFL level. It is a high risk investment when you start trying to change players styles. One thing to tinker with a style but to change is very hard.

Cannot believe a teammate from old school did not get picked up.

What did Lachie George do wrong.

He had a wonderful U'18 Championship.

He has to be very stiff.

Cameron Lockwood. TAC Team of the Year, Dual TAC Cup B&F winner. Really not sure what else he could have done.

Maybe clubs are a little wary given the Rodan experience - small, very successful at TAC level but found it hard to hold his place in AFL level. That said, I hope he does well at Port

because he is 173cm?????????????
an is quite developed fot 173cm.

Fair enough, and I can sort of understand the reasoning.

My point was, what else could he have done? As for being 'quite developed for 173cm', it is hard to believe that a commitment to completing a weights program when injured (remember, the kid has not completed a TAC Cup pre-season yet due to OP) is seen as a negative.

This thread was all about luck wasn't it? That to me is players who have given it absolutely everything and still missed out. I believe Lockwood is in that category.

lockwood, caruso, horne and kelly all deserve to be drafted. for 2 years these boys have worked their asses off and consistantly won their own footy against blokes that have been taken. it gives me the irits that athletic ability is seen as a drafting prerequisite over natural footy ability. sam mitchell was overlooked because of height and spped issues and look how hes going.

lockwood, caruso, horne and kelly all deserve to be drafted. for 2 years these boys have worked their asses off and consistantly won their own footy against blokes that have been taken. it gives me the irits that athletic ability is seen as a drafting prerequisite over natural footy ability. sam mitchell was overlooked because of height and spped issues and look how hes going.

It must be noted that it is now up to those boys to prove everyone wrong by going and playing state league and week in week out prove the recruiters wrong and they will get a shot.

Lockwood is a hard one becasue he really is three years away from being able to play midfield at AFL level. He does not appear as though you can nurse him into AFL football in a forward or back pocket (lite a jetta or a proud). Thus it is a big call for an AFL club to put him on the list when it is three years before you can even start to judge if the decision was correct.

Callum Wilson from South Freo? I am friggin' astounded, how the hell did he not get drafted. Tall, versatile, quick, great kick and a key position player. He is every clubs dream.

Shawn Colbung is also unlucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back