The Unofficial List Management thread... :-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired
Hodge
Gibson
Burgoyne*
Fitzpatrick (likely to retire)
Surman (already retired)

Uncontracted
Heatherley
Stewart
Miles
Pittonet
Willsmore

Likely to get new contract extensions
Hartung
O'Rourke
Lovell

Free agents
Duryea
Schoenmakers
Henderson

Overall I there will likely be about 10-12 changes to the list. Similar to what the club did in 2009. Cleaning out those who won't be part of the next Premiership tilt.

Doubt it....

I'd be very surprised if we go back to the two ruck set up with Ceglar and BB swapping duties.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Having McEvoy/Ceglar jumping at the pill when we dump it long to the forward 50 makes a lot of sense.

Reckon if we offered to pay 350 k of Tyrone's salary a club would take him ?
We don't have the first round pick to send with him as well.

Vickery will cost us an EXTRA 500K if we delisted him, This we would of paid him One Million this season, Do we have the extra 500K in the salary cap this year?

Yeah he's done nothing, However he's more valuable to turn up to training then promoting someone to the main list, We're not going to nab a 200 gamer because we simply have the list space

I'ld say
Hodge-Retired
Gibson-Retired

Delisted
Whitecross-Delisted
Fitzpatrick-Delisted/Retired

I'ld love to keep you running around in the Magoo's if your also keen! Rookie list!
Ryan Schoenmakers
Kurt Heatherly

Out of Contract and may look for new oppotunities
James Sicily
Taylor Dureya

So, Possibly 9, Remember out of Dureya who will net us at best a late first rounder, Sicily a late first rounder

We have 7 list spots, We'll be picking guys in the pick 96, then pick 114. this is IF we pick up a free agent.

I think we might send Dureya/Sicily out for 2/3 second rounders from Gold coast If we are going to cut our list that badly.

We might as well keep anyone of the age under 24 who can kick a football, Guys like Lovell/Stewart will be what? 20-21? Plenty of time left

Last edited:
I am suspecting some decent changes to our list again so I will have a crack-

Retired
Hodge
Gibson
Delisted
Willsmore
Whitecross
Trade options
Puopolo (second round pick)
Frawley (hopefully used to get Lever)
Vickery ( anything)
Breust (if we are any remote chance of a big fish then he and another player may be used)
Schoenmakers (let him go to free agency and thank him for his service)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be very surprised if we go back to the two ruck set up with Ceglar and BB swapping duties.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
The thing is Ceglar and McEvoy have proven to be more effect playing less time up forward than Schoenmakers or OBrien...we will definitely play two.

Trade out Vickery for peanuts and chalk it up as a learning experience please.
Teia Miles can go too, his a pretty average player with not much too his game, not sure why the club thought recruiting a 5ft6 50kg child was going to pay off.... Really dislike his duckwood technique too....

Trade out Vickery for peanuts and chalk it up as a learning experience please.
Who takes the 500K Hit in their salary cap for a VFL player? we would have to throw in pick 33 for a 5th round pick at best.

I know he must of collectively had a coke orgy with half the hawthorn posters mothers then changed his number immediately after, but honestly, He's gonna be wearing the brown and gold untill at LEAST 2018

Very doubtful hawks find a deal to get rid of Vickery.
Think miles and whitecross are contracted for 18
If rumors are true and hawks are interested in balic from freo could see Stewart heading there in a trade.
Sis is a must keep.
Hawks need to work out a deal to bring in lever so gunston or sis can go forward but does that mean one of shoe or TOB are expendable?

Very doubtful hawks find a deal to get rid of Vickery.
Think miles and whitecross are contracted for 18
If rumors are true and hawks are interested in balic from freo could see Stewart heading there in a trade.
Sis is a must keep.
Hawks need to work out a deal to bring in lever so gunston or sis can go forward but does that mean one of shoe or TOB are expendable?
Schoe is an FA so he doesn't come into calculations so Tob is the one but he ain't doing us any favours re-trade value.
No big fish imo, just The retirements of 2 champs., culling of b and c graders but idle for the rest of the trade period.

We couldn't possibly churn out a duel ruck & inside 50 bombs & think that it will be successful.
The game has gone past both models.
We do have a need for a big CHF/FF that will take a good overhead mark but I think that they would need to be a genuine FF.
Lynch is the obvious choice here...
If pigs were to fly & Patton were attainable #1 priotity by a good length.
If there were s little Mexican girl sneaking around I would morgage the farm & offload anything to get it done.

I guess we get another preseason of Vickery & see how that plays out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back