Game Day The "unofficial" North City v North Country intra-club match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember that you posted the other day about how the game was moving towards the De Goey/Caddy style forwards, and that medium defenders may become more important than key defenders.

Is that the sort of role you could see Watson filling, ie. being too mobile for the taller defenders, but too big for the smaller guys?

Watson looked like Charlie Curnow today, I know that seems like a bit of a joke, but that's how he played in that mobile tall role (accept he played a lot deeper, not so much up to the wing how Curnow plays). He's that awkward 6"4 size, but he was too mobile for McKay at 200cm and Thompson who has a history of playing on smalls and talls struggled to contain him on the lead but also go with him 1-on-1.

He doesn't appear to be super quick or agile, but he got separation all day, I think that was more to do with his leading patterns and how well he was timing some of his movement, he always hit the lead flat out on his chest. He's a bit of a beast though, at the start I thought he was going to get rag dolled, then I was watching almost the opposite occur on occasions.

Taz's news is giving me anxiety.

So are we leaning more to an AC with hopeful start RD1? Where are the inner scrotums with the info?

at this point we have Daw Inj Thommo Susp and Taz under an injury cloud from last yrs Back 6
and Benny McKay likely to play his 2nd game in WA v some experienced tall blokes

On theplus side Likely EVW will be back

so you are not the only one reaching for the valiums

Bailey Scott is just super impressive, he practically creates his own plays with how he reads things in advance and progresses the ball forward, speed is unreal too. I can totally see what the club is seeing in him now, at the rate he's going he will debut.

Polec IS elite, been saying it since the trade was brewing, you don't need Gaff at all, he is his equal, if not better in the right team.

Tarryn Thomas is just an elite waiting to happen, he's got pure instinct. Zurhaar did well to capitalise and cement himself as a dangerous forward. If Turner doesn't act quickly, Zurhaar will replace him guaranteed he can kick goals.

And Willy Walker gettin' the coaching experience in! Didn't seem uncomfortable directing the advice in the huddle there, I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Puzzled by the under representation of McDonald in the thread. I had him BOG at half time.

Agreed - he was all over it for 4 quarters. Looks slim and fit.

I didn’t mention him because I didn’t think that was unusual- I rate him highly

I focused on just a few things that stood out rather than individual player performance because I’m not a great analyser like some others

Bailey Scott is just super impressive, he practically creates his own plays with how he reads things in advance and progresses the ball forward, speed is unreal too. I can totally see what the club is seeing in him now, at the rate he's going he will debut.

Polec IS elite, been saying it since the trade was brewing, you don't need Gaff at all, he is his equal, if not better in the right team.

Tarryn Thomas is just an elite waiting to happen, he's got pure instinct. Zurhaar did well to capitalise and cement himself as a dangerous forward. If Turner doesn't act quickly, Zurhaar will replace him guaranteed he can kick goals.

And Willy Walker gettin' the coaching experience in! Didn't seem uncomfortable directing the advice in the huddle there, I like it.

In other years you could probably ink Scotty in for Rd1. Good to know there’s a kid like him ready to go if need be.

Times have certainly changed. Imagine 20 years ago a second year kid giving feedback at the breaks? He certainly seems switched on. Can’t wait to get him back on the field.

It happened in front of me.

He sort of rolled over and sat up and sat there for a good 15 seconds, like he knew he'd done something. Turner stopped to see if he was alright and from Turners reaction was along the lines of "s**t".

I'm thinking potentially maybe a sublux, as he wasn't favouring a shoulder/wrist (or anything really) at first I thought he might of broken his arm or wrist when he was on the ground, given how he rolled over when he was holding his arm. When he was walking off he looked fine, but given he went straight to the rooms, there was something there.
Yep my money's on sublex, hopefully minor repair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back