List Mgmt. The Unofficial Ron Barassi Father/Child Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

He's in the Freo academy so it doesn't look good, however I'm not sure with the new rules with the bidding and all that crap

He's in the Freo academy so it doesn't look good, however I'm not sure with the new rules with the bidding and all that crap
It should be up to the two clubs to decide who wants to use the higher pick on him.

I have a feeling its up to him to decide though.

It should be up to the two clubs to decide who wants to use the higher pick on him.

I have a feeling its up to him to decide though.
Yep, it's his call, the same as Nick Blakey last year in choosing between North and the Swans.

A difference tho, would be that apparently the Wiz lives in Melbourne, so making the move might be something he's more open to.

Yep, it's his call, the same as Nick Blakey last year in choosing between North and the Swans.

A difference tho, would be that apparently the Wiz lives in Melbourne, so making the move might be something he's more open to.
He would probably get game time with us quicker than at Freo, they have some pretty handy small forwards.

Belated update on our approved nga prospects.

Although this article is now 2 years old it still gives us some NGA hope for the future (apologies if you've already seen it, somehow i missed it first time around)

• Kobi George (VIC)
  • Cody Egan (VIC)
  • Deakin Pereira (VIC)
  • Ryan Koo Kwet Kim (VIC)
  • Deakyn Smith (VIC)
  • Declan Gould (VIC) - Pending
  • Andrew Moniz-Wakefield (NT)
  • Reggie Gallagher (NT)

Just a couple of articles I've found after a quick google search:

Both Andy Moniz-Wakefield and Ryan Koo Kwet look like really exciting prospects

Kobi George is a bottom ager this year but I don't think will get picked, has talent but needs to work on his tank

Deakyn Smith is a 2020 prospect, looks to be coming along nicely, gets a mention in the below article, about halfway down

Adding another couple of names to look out for over the next couple of years:

Tyrell martin
Alonzo Nelson

Both made the 2019 Flying Boomerangs Team

Here's an article showing the list on our NT Academy

Shane Woewodins son Taj made his WAFL colts debut a few rounds ago for East Fremantle which is a pretty good effort as there wouldn't be more than ten 16 year olds who have played a game this year in the entire comp. Also made the WA u16 squad and talent academy.

Do you know anything about what kind of role he plays etc?

Woey still one of my favourite three MFC players ever.

Left on pretty bad terms. I reckon he’d tell his son you’re not going to play for Melbourne .

Didn't he come back to the club after Collingwood dumped him?

At Melbourne he's known as a Brownlow winner, at Collingwood he was just another underperforming recruit. Plus he only played about 60 games for the scum, unless he risks going up to the GCS he can pick Melbourne

Left on pretty bad terms. I reckon he’d tell his son you’re not going to play for Melbourne .
Just another example of this club f****ng up! Woey was still playing ok football when we decided to trade him. But he bled red and blue and rightfully so, was pi$$ed off at the club for considering trading him. He only won the Brownlow a couple of years beforehand! I'm still pi$$ed off with the club for this one. And for retiring Junior too early! Those two stand out to me..

The Woewodin trade was a salary dump. I don't remember where i saw it but there is a video which goes into a bit of detail about it.
I believe Woey has made up with the club, mostly he was pissed at the decision makers at the time, but i think some of his ex team mates who are still around occassionally have helped heal those old wounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Woewodin trade was a salary dump. I don't remember where i saw it but there is a video which goes into a bit of detail about it.
I believe Woey has made up with the club, mostly he was pi**ed at the decision makers at the time, but i think some of his ex team mates who are still around occassionally have helped heal those old wounds.

Woewodin was a good player who had one remarkable season. His manager then got him on an amazing contract, good luck to him, but unfortunately he was never able to produce that high level again. The pressure that Pickering put him under to produce the value of his contract was enormous and it destroyed his career, clubs just can't afford to pay top dollars for so so performers.

Woey was one of my favs as well but you need to tell the whole story. It's sad because he was very quickly forgotten at the Pies, they dumped him after 3 average years. He should have been a 1 club player, celebrated for what he did in 2000, but greed from his manager contributed to the story.

Woewodin was a good player who had one remarkable season. His manager then got him on an amazing contract, good luck to him, but unfortunately he was never able to produce that high level again. The pressure that Pickering put him under to produce the value of his contract was enormous and it destroyed his career, clubs just can't afford to pay top dollars for so so performers.

Woey was one of my favs as well but you need to tell the whole story. It's sad because he was very quickly forgotten at the Pies, they dumped him after 3 average years. He should have been a 1 club player, celebrated for what he did in 2000, but greed from his manager contributed to the story.
Woey had 3-4 good years but stalled/went backwards after his brownlow.

Gutnick loved Woey and was the one to give him a massive contract. Once Gutnick was gone the club didnt want his massive salary on the books

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I hadn’t heard of Woey having a son. JT was on the demonland podcast recently. Mentioned Farmer but not Woey kid. Also have Jeff White’s son who seems pretty athletically gifted. Flash mentioned his kids as well in his message to Kozzy. I had a look and they’re only about 7. So we’ll see how they go in 10 years.

Kobi George is a bottom ager this year but I don't think will get picked, has talent but needs to work on his tank

Deakyn Smith is a 2020 prospect, looks to be coming along nicely, gets a mention in the below article, about halfway down

Thanks to space_cowboy who shared knightmare's thoughts about the above two guys in the 2020 draft and trade thread, posting it here as well to keep all the info in the same thread

Thanks Knightmare for your views

George and Smith both have wheels.

From my piece on ESPN 4/9/19 I noted of George: "Breaking the lines, demonstrating the speed and agility to get by opponents, winning loose balls and bursting away." They're the things he brings to the table.

Smith similarly has shown his speed in game and also seems good aerially.

Both have some attributes to suggest there should be some interest in them as players with developable traits, without nearly having complete games.

I don't believe either were invited to the national combine, but I do see both of them as possible late/rookie considerations.

I believe Woey has made up with the club, mostly he was pissed at the decision makers at the time, but i think some of his ex team mates who are still around occassionally have helped heal those old wounds.

Pretty sure we've had him over here at one of the member functions (I could be wrong) so pretty certain there's no animosity held.

He also got named in the PSA team of the season
Half-backs
Taj Woewodin (Aquinas)

The son of Brownlow medallist Shane Woewodin has been one of the school’s best and most consistent players this season, stepping up in his leadership role in the absence of injured captain Josh Cripps and vice-captain Sam Emery.

The 2021 draft prospect, who is eligible to go to Melbourne under the father-son rule, has got an elite kick, gets in the right spots and attacks the ball hard.

He also got named in the PSA team of the season
Half-backs
Taj Woewodin (Aquinas)

The son of Brownlow medallist Shane Woewodin has been one of the school’s best and most consistent players this season, stepping up in his leadership role in the absence of injured captain Josh Cripps and vice-captain Sam Emery.

The 2021 draft prospect, who is eligible to go to Melbourne under the father-son rule, has got an elite kick, gets in the right spots and attacks the ball hard.
This has me excited. Any idea yet on what part of the draft he'd likely go? Top end, middle, lower end?

wonder what Toump Ass thinks about Whites boys names if Jaidyn shouldn't get a game for his🤣🤣🤣. Hopefully the Ox, Yze, White boys are all good enough. how good would it be having a father son every year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back