The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

American football seems to be a sport for real fans. I can’t see many casual fans of it like, “Oh, I think I will watch a game that isn’t the Super Bowl”.

There are even people who just watch the Super Bowl for the halftime show and truth be told it is always s**t anyway with subpar musicians.

American football seems to be a sport for real fans. I can’t see many casual fans of it like, “Oh, I think I will watch a game that isn’t the Super Bowl”.

There are even people who just watch the Super Bowl for the halftime show and truth be told it is always s**t anyway with subpar musicians.
I watched my first full game today. Wish i could have those lost hours back and played golf instead.

I watched my first full game today. Wish i could have those lost hours back and played golf instead.

Now there's an idea. Ditch the hand-egg and get the sticks out!
I've finally got rid of my slice and got a nice high draw going.

I appreciate the tactics behind it but the stop-start nature and the constant time-outs makes it a bit of a struggle to watch.
That’s the main problem with it. It’s more the timeouts for me, that just kills any momentum. John Cleese sums it all up nicely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pelicans wont get a better offer for AD in the summer. Dell Demps is a fool.
Yeah but the point is, that deal isnt going anywhere. That's why the Pelicans are doing the obvious and smart move by keeping him until the summer, until the Celtics can get involved.

In fact anybody can get involved and you can bet a ton of teams will throw offers at the Pels. What if say the Knicks get the No.1 pick. They could throw that and DSJ and maybe another pick or something at the Pels. Basically dangling Zion.

You can say the Knicks are just renting AD for one year before he eventually leaves for LA. But the Knicks have cleared the books. They can bring in two max deals in the summer. What if the Knicks sign KD and Kyrie through free agency and then trade for AD.

You think AD is gonna leave that situation for a 36 year old LeBron James. No chance.

Of course not saying that will happen. But also Boston have a ton of picks and assets they can offer for him. So definitely wait until the summer to see what other teams can and will offer.

That Lakers offer isnt going anywhere though and the Pels know that. It's like their back up option. Ok nothing else comes along. Then we'll take that same offer. If you think the Lakers will suddenly play hard ball and say not include Kuz or something then you are kidding yourself. The Lakers will still do that deal.

Pels were obvious and smart to wait.

jod23 how ******* bad was today’s trade. We even threw in a 2nd rounder their way.

GarPax cannot leave quickly enough...
For once bro, I didnt hate this trade. Well except for the needless draft pick we included which we shouldnt have.

All NBA teams have to spend at least a set minimum on players so we gotta pay someone. So Otto Porter's contract isnt too much to chew up. We are a young team and dont have any max players. We are gonna deep in the lottery too this year with some of our best players still on rookie contracts like Lauri, Dunn and Carter Jr.

We had a 20 million team option on Jabari Parker in the summer which we were never taking so trading him was fine by me. I love Bobby Portis but with the previously mentioned Carter Jr and Lauri, that's our two go to big men. We dont have that wing type player though, the type of player Otto Porter is.

So I dont actually hate the deal. I dont think it makes us any better as a team so we are still in the Zion sweepstakes and Parker has been awful and Portis is pretty hit and miss.

So Im strangely ok with it. I just want to keep sucking.

If we get Zion and make him the centerpiece and put guys like Dunn, Lavine, Porter, Carter Jr and Lauri around him. We might actually be pretty good in a couple of years.

Yeah but the point is, that deal isnt going anywhere. That's why the Pelicans are doing the obvious and smart move by keeping him until the summer, until the Celtics can get involved.

In fact anybody can get involved and you can bet a ton of teams will throw offers at the Pels. What if say the Knicks get the No.1 pick. They could throw that and DSJ and maybe another pick or something at the Pels. Basically dangling Zion.

You can say the Knicks are just renting AD for one year before he eventually leaves for LA. But the Knicks have cleared the books. They can bring in two max deals in the summer. What if the Knicks sign KD and Kyrie through free agency and then trade for AD.

You think AD is gonna leave that situation for a 36 year old LeBron James. No chance.

Of course not saying that will happen. But also Boston have a ton of picks and assets they can offer for him. So definitely wait until the summer to see what other teams can and will offer.

That Lakers offer isnt going anywhere though and the Pels know that. It's like their back up option. Ok nothing else comes along. Then we'll take that same offer. If you think the Lakers will suddenly play hard ball and say not include Kuz or something then you are kidding yourself. The Lakers will still do that deal.

Pels were obvious and smart to wait.
I think it is unlikely that they will get a better offer than the Lakers one and they just ensured that no players managed by Klutch will play for the Pels again.

AD isn't re-signing with the Celtics, his father has already made that clear and so has AD in the list of teams he would consider re-signing with.

I am sure that every man and his dog will have a crack at AD but i don't think the teams he will re-sign with can match the Lakers offer. The Lakers basically offered a starting 5 to the Pels, picks and cap relief.

I have seen a number of Duke's games this season and RJ Barrett is much better than Zion. Zion looks like a taller Charles Barkley with a worse jumper coming into a league where shooting, especially from three is that much more important. DSJ is average mate.

The Knicks are run by James Dolan which in my mind largely rules out genuine superstars going there in FA. They just traded Porzingis on a rookie deal for nothing.

No way the Celtics offer Tatum with Kyrie leaving for a one year rental of AD so aside from picks in a crap draft, what do they have? Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart? Yawn.

The main issue the Lakers had was that they were bidding against themselves. Unless the Pels are just being spiteful and are happy to shoot themselves in the foot, then the Lakers will be able to offer the best deal with less assets on the table.

The real smokey is the Clippers in all this....

Everyone knows Dell Demps is an idiot. Look at the Chris Paul trade and David Sterns opinion of him lmao

I think it is unlikely that they will get a better offer than the Lakers one and they just ensured that no players managed by Klutch will play for the Pels again.

AD isn't re-signing with the Celtics, his father has already made that clear and so has AD in the list of teams he would consider re-signing with.

I am sure that every man and his dog will have a crack at AD but i don't think the teams he will re-sign with can match the Lakers offer. The Lakers basically offered a starting 5 to the Pels, picks and cap relief.

I have seen a number of Duke's games this season and RJ Barrett is much better than Zion. Zion looks like a taller Charles Barkley with a worse jumper coming into a league where shooting, especially from three is that much more important. DSJ is average mate.

The Knicks are run by James Dolan which in my mind largely rules out genuine superstars going there in FA. They just traded Porzingis on a rookie deal for nothing.

No way the Celtics offer Tatum with Kyrie leaving for a one year rental of AD so aside from picks in a crap draft, what do they have? Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart? Yawn.

The main issue the Lakers had was that they were bidding against themselves. Unless the Pels are just being spiteful and are happy to shoot themselves in the foot, then the Lakers will be able to offer the best deal with less assets on the table.

The real smokey is the Clippers in all this....

Everyone knows Dell Demps is an idiot. Look at the Chris Paul trade and David Sterns opinion of him lmao
I dont think the Pels care about Klutch and which players will or wont play for them. It's all about money, not oh you wronged me once in a deal with AD.

Yeah AD has said he wont re-sign with the Celtics, but what if he goes there and wins a championship? Would he leave then?

Im well aware the Knicks are awfully managed and my whole New York theory is a huge, huge stretch but I was just making an example of possibilities, however far fetched will be available to them in the summer... as well as that deal still on the table from the Lakers.

So why pull the trigger now. You have that offer on ice, now go see if you can better, if you cant, come back to the Lakers in the summer.

You shoot down guys like DSJ, Smart and Jaylen Brown but what are the Lakers offering that is actually so great. Lonzo Ball is straight trash. The two best players you are getting is Ingram and Kuzma. Both just average guys. Kuzma might, might... develop into a borderline All-Star.

That's not a lot to get back for a bloke in the conversation to be the best player on the planet. I mean there is a very select group of guys who can argue they are the best player in the world.

I'd limit it to 6 guys.... Lebron, KD, Steph, AD, Giannis and Harden.

You wanna get back more than Kuzma, Ball and Ingram. You wanna get WAY more back.

I agree the Clippers are a big smokey, I think the Brooklyn Nets are too. The problem with both the Clippers and Nets is they dont have the assets to trade to acquire him.

The Pelicans should look to get draft picks. The problem the Pels find themselves in is that any potential trade partner isnt gonna offer the world because he's a real threat to be a one year rental. So you cant trade say AD for someone of equal or only a little less value, like say Embiid.

That's the kind of return you want on him. But you're not gonna get it. So for me, they gotta try and acquire draft picks.

Oh and on RJ Barret or Zion. Yeah plenty think RJ will go number one but Zion is a unicorn with huge potential. I dont know if anyone picks RJ over Zion. They dont wanna be that guy. Oden/Bowie situation.

Oh and on RJ Barret or Zion. Yeah plenty think RJ will go number one but Zion is a unicorn with huge potential. I dont know if anyone picks RJ over Zion. They dont wanna be that guy. Oden/Bowie situation.
Hardly an Oden/Bowie situation...

RJ is a much safer pick with huge upside and highly developed defender. Zion is great at crashing the boards to get offensive rebounds and driving open lanes. That's it imo. He has no post game so can't really use his size down low either. i might be being harsh but Zion is either a small forward who can't shoot or an undersized power forward with a limited post game who can't stretch the floor. Gotta think of the current NBA environment man. Shooting is everything.

Oden was an injury prone centre with one leg shorter than the other. That kinda stuff gets picked up these days. KD was a generational talented small forward with unlimited range and tremendous defensive upside.

MJ was well MJ. Besides, the Blazers won't have a top 3 pick to mess this up again haha.

I dont think the Pels care about Klutch and which players will or wont play for them. It's all about money, not oh you wronged me once in a deal with AD.

Yeah AD has said he wont re-sign with the Celtics, but what if he goes there and wins a championship? Would he leave then?

Im well aware the Knicks are awfully managed and my whole New York theory is a huge, huge stretch but I was just making an example of possibilities, however far fetched will be available to them in the summer... as well as that deal still on the table from the Lakers.

So why pull the trigger now. You have that offer on ice, now go see if you can better, if you cant, come back to the Lakers in the summer.

You shoot down guys like DSJ, Smart and Jaylen Brown but what are the Lakers offering that is actually so great. Lonzo Ball is straight trash. The two best players you are getting is Ingram and Kuzma. Both just average guys. Kuzma might, might... develop into a borderline All-Star.

That's not a lot to get back for a bloke in the conversation to be the best player on the planet. I mean there is a very select group of guys who can argue they are the best player in the world.

I'd limit it to 6 guys.... Lebron, KD, Steph, AD, Giannis and Harden.

You wanna get back more than Kuzma, Ball and Ingram. You wanna get WAY more back.

I agree the Clippers are a big smokey, I think the Brooklyn Nets are too. The problem with both the Clippers and Nets is they dont have the assets to trade to acquire him.

The Pelicans should look to get draft picks. The problem the Pels find themselves in is that any potential trade partner isnt gonna offer the world because he's a real threat to be a one year rental. So you cant trade say AD for someone of equal or only a little less value, like say Embiid.

That's the kind of return you want on him. But you're not gonna get it. So for me, they gotta try and acquire draft picks.
Well....the NBA is shaped by power agents mate...

I doubt he would win a chip with the Celts without Kyrie and Tatum. He may as well stay in New Orleans.

The Lakers offer is better than Brown and Smart. Lonzo Ball is one of the best defenders at his position in the league and a great passer. Sure, his shot is rusty but he is tracking just like Jason Kidd atm. He can't stay healthy atm which is a major concern. The Pels actually like him the most out of any player in the Lakers offer...Kuzma and Ingram have a lot of upside. Kuzma for instance has been much more productive than any of the Celtics player on the trade block and Ingram has plenty of value in the league.

None of the six you mention aside from AD will be part of any trade so it is kinda pointless you mentioning them. Besides, the Pels are going to be lucky to get 70 cents on the dollar for AD given he only has a year left on his deal and has stated he will only re-sign for 2-3 teams.

The other aspect is that Pels can't really afford to rebuild, they are a minnow franchise with no fans and need to have a product on the floor that can win now or they will be off to Seattle soon.

Hardly an Oden/Bowie situation...

RJ is a much safer pick with huge upside and highly developed defender. Zion is great at crashing the boards to get offensive rebounds and driving open lanes. That's it imo. He has no post game so can't really use his size down low either. i might be being harsh but Zion is either a small forward who can't shoot or an undersized power forward with a limited post game who can't stretch the floor. Gotta think of the current NBA environment man. Shooting is everything.

Oden was an injury prone centre with one leg shorter than the other. That kinda stuff gets picked up these days. KD was a generational talented small forward with unlimited range and tremendous defensive upside.

MJ was well MJ. Besides, the Blazers won't have a top 3 pick to mess this up again haha.
I meant an Oden/Bowie situation when you take a player, no matter how good they are even though both Bowie and Oden were busts but someone picked after that is generational.

Both Olajuwon and Jordan after Bowie and of course KD after Oden.

That could be an RJ Barret situation if anybody is crazy enough to select him before Zion. But cmon man, nobody is picking anybody before Zion. He'll go number one.

Well....the NBA is shaped by power agents mate...

I doubt he would win a chip with the Celts without Kyrie and Tatum. He may as well stay in New Orleans.

The Lakers offer is better than Brown and Smart. Lonzo Ball is one of the best defenders at his position in the league and a great passer. Sure, his shot is rusty but he is tracking just like Jason Kidd atm. He can't stay healthy atm which is a major concern. The Pels actually like him the most out of any player in the Lakers offer...Kuzma and Ingram have a lot of upside. Kuzma for instance has been much more productive than any of the Celtics player on the trade block and Ingram has plenty of value in the league.

None of the six you mention aside from AD will be part of any trade so it is kinda pointless you mentioning them. Besides, the Pels are going to be lucky to get 70 cents on the dollar for AD given he only has a year left on his deal and has stated he will only re-sign for 2-3 teams.

The other aspect is that Pels can't really afford to rebuild, they are a minnow franchise with no fans and need to have a product on the floor that can win now or they will be off to Seattle soon.
You just told me shooting is everything in this league when mentioning Zion but then try to sell me on Ball who is a trash shooter. Ball is just another Michael Carter Williams, like a better passing version of MCW.

If the Lakers had taken Tatum instead of Ball. Then I think that deal is great for NOP. Tatum, Kuzma, Ingram and some draft picks.

The soft,pampered multi millionaires masquerading as Celtics players have wasted their opportunity to win the East. Bad attitude, no heart and they will get what they deserve. Watching the last two games makes me want to throw up.Brad Stevens has been unable to sort out what the "problem"is in the locker room. Wasn't that long ago the team had a meeting not so long ago to resolve the ïssues and nothing has changed. Maybe the "problem" is Kyrie, maybe the Celtic players believed all the pre season talk about how strong the team was and have been drinking their own bath water.
Blowing this big lead today is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back