The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't giving you s**t about following the Celtics, more calling other fans Bandwagoners. Why would offshore Celtics fans be any different to Lakers fans? You started following the Celtics when they were the most successful team historically by a mile. Which is fine btw but amusing when you give other fanbases s**t for doing similar.

I'm a 90s North bandwagoner fwiw. I give more respect to Bulls fans like Jod who jumped on probably at the start of Jordans run and stayed fat after they left and they were shithouse for 2 decades outside of 1 Derrick Rose season. Heat fans can * off though.
Was impossible not to love MJ as a kid and become a massive Bulls fan. But yeah I never jumped off and we've sucked for like 24 years after Jordan retired. Haha. We did make the playoffs this season though which was fun. :D

Massive win in Game 5 for the Warriors though, they now have two swings at a chip.

Be massive if they can get this one too as I think it will be kind of like a bonus championship. A little too early.

Klay only back since mid-season. Wiseman not playing at all, Kuminga and Moody just rookies.

For me I thought they would fall short this season but then with another full season into Kuminga, Moody and Poole just continuing to get better. Getting Wiseman on the floor and contributing and Klay having a full season under his legs, they would win next season and beyond so this season for me is like a bonus championship if they can win one more game.

Ah well, looks like it's over.

Disappointing but still an amazing and very praise worthy season from the Celtics.

Ultimately, I think lack of finals experience and being fatigued from a couple of gruelling 7 game series against the Bucks and Nets cost us, we did ride a bit of luck having Middleton out in the Milwaukee series.

If we had to lose to someone, I am happy it is Chef Curry and The Dubs.

It's impossible to hate Steph (esp as he is a massive Red Sox fan too)

Has been a wonderful season from Boston after a very shaky start.

Yep she's over.

Reckon this is Curry's legacy. He is the bonafide star of the past decade in terms of his success.

I honestly now have Curry ahead of Kobe in the GOAT rankings, esp as I think he has at least 2 more rings left in him.

I honestly now have Curry ahead of Kobe in the GOAT rankings, esp as I think he has at least 2 more rings left in him.
I would have him above Lebron and below Jordan in terms of the rankings over say the past 30 years.

Offensively, he's far better than Lebron, he carried them this series. I think people forget how good he is with how the Warriors have gone last few seasons and when Durant joined originally etc.

I would have him above Lebron and below Jordan in terms of the rankings over say the past 30 years.

Offensively, he's far better than Lebron, he carried them this series. I think people forget how good he is with how the Warriors have gone last few seasons and when Durant joined originally etc.

Definitely important for him to win another ring without Durant

Would love to see how the Dubs would go against Giannis and the Bucks in the finals (I am tipping a Warriors vs Milwaukee finals next season at this early stage)

I think he can honestly win at least 2 more rings, which would equal Chef with Jordan

Yeah as I said earlier this is just the start I think of another Warriors period of dominance. Klay back, Poole's emergence, Wiggins playing the way he is, Draymond doing Draymond things. Another season into Moody and Kuminga and Wiseman will actually play next season. Then Steph the cherry on top. The will be tough to beat over the next couple of seasons.

Steph steadily rising in those All Time lists. If Steph gets one more chip then LeBron's tiny case for GOAT just evaporates. If you dont even have the most championships in your era then how can you be compared to Jordan.

Yeah as I said earlier this is just the start I think of another Warriors period of dominance. Klay back, Poole's emergence, Wiggins playing the way he is, Draymond doing Draymond things. Another season into Moody and Kuminga and Wiseman will actually play next season. Then Steph the cherry on top. The will be tough to beat over the next couple of seasons.

Steph steadily rising in those All Time lists. If Steph gets one more chip then LeBron's tiny case for GOAT just evaporates. If you dont even have the most championships in your era then how can you be compared to Jordan.
Klay and Draymond played like trash most of the series.

Full strength Bucks team would beat them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wiggins and Poole really caused us heaps of problems in this series to be fair, but yeah, I think a fully healthy Bucks team with Giannis would probably beat The Dubs.

They did. Would they play that bad again? Unlikely. Particularly Klay with another full season under his legs. Poole still getting better and you will get heaps of growth from Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman.

Bucks right now still my favourites to come out of the East next season and I think they would have this season too if Middleton didnt go down.

Would be a great series and could go either way. Giannis is a problem.

Going to sound harsh but he was a low post player albeit a hell of a one, low key personality and played in a small market, that's probably why.

He came dangerously close to joining Grant Hill in Orlando in 2000, but Dumb Doc Rivers vetoed it, cause I think he and his wife wanted to still live somewhere else and fly in for games.

That has to go down as one of the most idiotic and costly coaching blunders in history.

Duncan also played on a team that was hated for its "boring" style and dirty players like Bruce Bowen

So looks like Kyrie is hedging his bets again and deciding what to do and may not stay in Brooklyn now.

Don't know how you could trust him long - term. Both the LA teams + the Knicks got mentioned as potential destinations, but it'd have to be sign and trades for that to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back