The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty easy to hang s**t on Golfers like Cam Smith to take the bag for the Saudi tour, but for that kind of money everyone else in the same situation would have taken it (anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or a moron)

Pretty easy to go on Sportswashing rants/tirades when almost every sport globally with some kind of sponsor (especially kit and footwear) has some kind of human rights violations with it.

I am over this so called Sportswashing whinging, it's pointless and extremely annoying.

I am happy to see most of the Football Community is finally getting around to and embracing the World Cup in Qatar (aside from one former German snowflake, which is pretty rich coming from him, given his nation's toxic and bloody crimes against humanity)
I'm tired of slavery and blood money being used by pencil dick nations as a ******* glorified PR campaign for their shithole countries.

I'm tired of slavery and blood money being used by pencil dick nations as a ******* glorified PR campaign for their shithole countries.

Yeah cause The UK and USA have never been accused of doing things that Saudi Arabia and other countries accused of sportswashing have done

It's the height of hypocrisy, esp as sports fans of said counties have major political and business dealings with countries like SA

Pretty rich for pompous English folks to lecture Saudi Arabia on human rights when centuries ago they were committing genocide against the Aborigines of Australia and other Indigenous Cultures worldwide.

Yeah cause The UK and USA have never been accused of doing things that Saudi Arabia and other countries accused of sportswashing have done

It's the height of hypocrisy, esp as sports fans of said counties have major political and business dealings with countries like SA

Pretty rich for pompous English folks to lecture Saudi Arabia on human rights when centuries ago they were committing genocide against the Aborigines of Australia and other Indigenous Cultures worldwide.
You got it bud, centuries ago...there is a good reason it stopped. What are proposing? Let every shithole country have a 200 year free pass on slavery?

PED's are back.....

His excuse that he took a tablet for ringworms without checking doesn’t wash. Every baseball would know to check more than any other sport with their history

That's so infuriating. All that money and yet not a brain cell in sight.

I Googled how much Tatis Jr is set to lose thinking it was going to be a huge a lot. His big money actually doesn’t kick in until 2025, so he’s set to lose about $3M.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giannis will never play for the Bulls and I genuinely don’t know why current NBA players would have the Bulls as a destination team they would play for, just because Michael Jordan and the Bulls won titles 25+ years ago.
Chicago is obviously a destination team. It's a big market team.

LA, New York, Miami, Chicago...

Sure we have sucked a lot lately but doesnt change the fact we are a big market team.

Sure we have sucked a lot lately but doesnt change the fact we are a big market team.

And I never said we weren’t a big market team. But the best players in the league don’t go to non-contenders.

Who was the last big free agent you have recruited? Alex Caruso?

Oh I'm not saying we're a destination team right now. We've been s**t for ages. I'm just saying we are a big market team. So we should in theory be able to attract big FA's.

Do I think we could get Giannis? Absolutely. Mainly because there is a handful of players that if you get the rest is rather easy.

As Bojan just said, who was the last big FA we recruited, Alex Caruso haha... it's not about those guys or the mid tier stars. It's about the big fish, once you get one big fish, the middle sized fish follow.

So if we got Giannis, then other big FA's would want to come to Chicago because A) you get to play with Giannis and probably compete for a chip and B) it's a big market team with plenty of exposure.

So it's just about landing the big fish. Chicago will always be a chance to land those big fish whereas places like Denver, New Orleans, San Antonio, Utah etc just are never really a chance to land those big fish.

And I never said we weren’t a big market team. But the best players in the league don’t go to non-contenders.
Yeah but what I'm saying is that wherever Giannis goes, that team becomes a contender. So it's a moot point.

I know Lavine is on big money so say we dumped Lavine and Vucevic and bring is Giannis. We would contend.

Giannis, DeRozan, Ball, Caruso, Williams, Ayo, Coby White, Drummond. We would need more shooting for sure but we'd be a top team in the East.

Oh I'm not saying we're a destination team right now. We've been s**t for ages. I'm just saying we are a big market team. So we should in theory be able to attract big FA's.

Do I think we could get Giannis? Absolutely. Mainly because there is a handful of players that if you get the rest is rather easy.

As Bojan just said, who was the last big FA we recruited, Alex Caruso haha... it's not about those guys or the mid tier stars. It's about the big fish, once you get one big fish, the middle sized fish follow.

So if we got Giannis, then other big FA's would want to come to Chicago because A) you get to play with Giannis and probably compete for a chip and B) it's a big market team with plenty of exposure.

So it's just about landing the big fish. Chicago will always be a chance to land those big fish whereas places like Denver, New Orleans, San Antonio, Utah etc just are never really a chance to land those big fish.
Not trying to take this piss or anything and if Giannis did move to the Bulls then Chicago would become a destination for good FA's and high level mid level exception and minimum guys but I don't think there is any evidence that Chicago is a big market team that can attract FA's. Their TV rating might tell a different story though but what evidence is there that they could attract someone like Giannis?

They were a laughing stock before MJ and aside from a couple of good years of Rose, kinda have been since and haven't recruited high level FA's. If Cleveland didn't draft Lebron, they wouldn't have attracted anyone either so it is putting the cart before the horse stuff. Even with MJ, did the Bulls attract star FA's? They lost some like Horace Grant but your ownership was too tight at the time. Isn't the same guy the owner now?

Unfortunately, Rose did his knee before he could try and attract FA's so we don't really know if it is possible for Chicago imo.

Not trying to take this piss or anything and if Giannis did move to the Bulls then Chicago would become a destination for good FA's and high level mid level exception and minimum guys but I don't think there is any evidence that Chicago is a big market team that can attract FA's. Their TV rating might tell a different story though but what evidence is there that they could attract someone like Giannis?

They were a laughing stock before MJ and aside from a couple of good years of Rose, kinda have been since and haven't recruited high level FA's. If Cleveland didn't draft Lebron, they wouldn't have attracted anyone either so it is putting the cart before the horse stuff. Even with MJ, did the Bulls attract star FA's? They lost some like Horace Grant but your ownership was too tight at the time. Isn't the same guy the owner now?

Unfortunately, Rose did his knee before he could try and attract FA's so we don't really know if it is possible for Chicago imo.
Jordan weirdly IMO has a lot to do with it. To wear the same uniform that Jordan did, to play in the building with his statue out front, he's the GOAT, Jordan made Chicago cool, the red uniform or that sick black uni with pin stripes.

I liken it to football, like if Gerrard is your favourite player growing up then you want to grow up and play for Liverpool just like Gerrard did. Same for Jordan, if you are a Jordan fan, you want to play for the Bulls.

Like me for example, if I was suddenly 6'6 and could ball and NBA teams wanted me, I'd wanna go play in Chicago.

But as I said it really is just about getting one big fish. If Giannis came, the rest follows, cos players will want to play with Giannis and hopefully win a chip. Chicago being a large city and a large market makes that possible. But Minnesota have no shot ever of getting Giannis, neither do OKC or Denver or Memphis etc etc

So yeah I guess you're right Chicago doesnt have the biggest history of getting big time FA's but it's still possible to do so and it's probably more about mismanagement than it not being possible. The same is going on in New York, NYC should be THE place to go for players, I mean it's New York! Yet they cant get any big FA's to come in because the organisation is run so poorly.

So if Chicago get there house in order, they can attract big stars IMO.

Also is it just me or is it weird that LA are retiring Pau Gasol's jersey.

For me, you need to be better than that to get your jersey up in the rafters. He looks out of place.

Magic, Kareem, Wilt, West, Kobe, Shaq.... Pau Gasol.

Yeah that's a no from me.

Also is it just me or is it weird that LA are retiring Pau Gasol's jersey.

For me, you need to be better than that to get your jersey up in the rafters. He looks out of place.

Magic, Kareem, Wilt, West, Kobe, Shaq.... Pau Gasol.

Yeah that's a no from me.
It is weird for the Lakers. For almost every other franchise his jersey would be a certainty to be retired.

It is weird for the Lakers. For almost every other franchise his jersey would be a certainty to be retired.
Retiring numbers of second bananas on championship winning teams. Does this mean Anthony Davis is getting his number up in the rafters too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back