The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Paul George isn't in LA because they couldn't fit his salary in.

Kawhi will get to LA this year or next. Spurs lost most of the leverage as soon as Bron signed. 1 player plus 2 first rounders will get it done before the deadline imo.
They could easily fit his salary in. They just had to move a few things. Renounce Randle, make a trade or two. The plan was to get PG for sure. But now he's staying in OKC. What im saying is that if they dont trade for Kawhi, there is no guarantee that he will end up with them via FA.

They could easily fit his salary in. They just had to move a few things. Renounce Randle, make a trade or two. The plan was to get PG for sure. But now he's staying in OKC. What im saying is that if they dont trade for Kawhi, there is no guarantee that he will end up with them via FA.
They would have to move everyone bar Bron.

They have loaded up on 1 year deals so they can make the salaries work if trading for Kawhi and they aren't tied to them next summer when FA will be much better.

Kawhi seems a fair bit more strongwilled than PG, especially considering the s**t his management have been saying recently.

You seen the thunder payroll jod23 ? Chance PG could be available again next summer haha
I havent no, but dip they dip into luxury tax? They must have with that deal for PG. They have a ton of bad contracts though. Cos each team should be able to afford two maxes, which OKC now have with PG and Westy.

Oh as im writing, I forgot about Melo's horrible contract haha. At least his 35 mill comes off the books next season.

I havent no, but dip they dip into luxury tax? They must have with that deal for PG. They have a ton of bad contracts though. Cos each team should be able to afford two maxes, which OKC now have with PG and Westy.

Oh as im writing, I forgot about Melo's horrible contract haha. At least his 35 mill comes off the books next season.
They are paying 300 million for a first round exit.

Steven Adams is on 20+ too. Highest payroll ever in a very small market. They will lose money this season.

Steven Adams is on 20+ too. Highest payroll ever in a very small market. They will lose money this season.
Adams is worth that though. He's very handy. A key piece for them. Yeah but obviously the problem is that they are a small market team. They aint the Knicks or Lakers.

Adams is worth that though. He's very handy. A key piece for them. Yeah but obviously the problem is that they are a small market team. They aint the Knicks or Lakers.
Yeah but you cant have 3 players on 30+ and 1 on 20+ lol.

As Lats said, £300m for a first round exit

I dont know why everyone is losing their minds about Boogie to GSW though. He wont be able to play til January probably and name me any player who has come back as even half the player they were before the injury. Even worse he is 7 feet and what 260?

I dont know how much he helps the Warriors next season.

Also, it's not unfair. Nobody wanted him. He got zero offers, he had to approach the Warriors and ask about the mid level exception of 5.3 and if they would be interested.

The Warriors lose nothing, they know they are excellent without him. And if he comes back and contributes which is unlikely, but if he does, then you have an All Star big man added to your line up.

I dont know why everyone is losing their minds about Boogie to GSW though. He wont be able to play til January probably and name me any player who has come back as even half the player they were before the injury. Even worse he is 7 feet and what 260?

I dont know how much he helps the Warriors next season.

I know he has an injury but he’s only 27, boogie is an all star when he’s up and about, it’s a very good get for GSW who already have an all star team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he has an injury but he’s only 27, boogie is an all star when he’s up and about, it’s a very good get for GSW who already have an all star team
He's coming off an achilles, absolutely no guarantee he will come back as half the player. And it's only for next season, it's not like he signed a 5 year deal.

He will not be at GSW after next season either. They can only offer him a 25% raise in salary.
Yep, that's what I said. It's only for next season which he will most probably miss most of it through injury and then when he comes back, it's no guarantee he will be half the player he was.

People are losing their minds about it but it's really not that big a deal.

Yep, that's what I said. It's only for next season which he will most probably miss most of it through injury and then when he comes back, it's no guarantee he will be half the player he was.

Nek minnit Boogie comes back for the playoffs and averages 20 points of the bench for the Dubs as there primary scorer. 50% of Boogie is better than most

Everyone knows he won't be there next season, they're all annoyed for the upcoming season.

The superstar team that just swept the NBA finals has gone and added the 5th all star. Injury or not, that's not exactly a great look.

Tell me - what's the point in playing next season? We all know who's going to win right?

Nek minnit Boogie comes back for the playoffs and averages 20 points of the bench for the Dubs as there primary scorer. 50% of Boogie is better than most
Well he averaged around 23 and 12. So 50% of Boogie would then be 11.5ppg and 6rpg. The kinda numbers you get from any half ok bigman.

Everyone knows he won't be there next season, they're all annoyed for the upcoming season.

The superstar team that just swept the NBA finals has gone and added the 5th all star. Injury or not, that's not exactly a great look.

Tell me - what's the point in playing next season? We all know who's going to win right?
Well it's not a foregone conclusion. Houston had to the Warriors on the run and only CP3's injury probably got GSWs over the line. Then you add Boston in with their two best players back in Kyrie and Hayward, coached by the best (or second best behind Pop) coach in the league and who are fantastic defensively. It's not completely pointless or a complete lock that GSW will win.

Plus you gotta factor in fatigue for the Warriors. They have made the finals four straight year, winning three titles from four. This will be a three-peat year for them which is incredibly hard to do. It's only ever been done four times in the history of the sport I think. Celtics in the 60's. Jordan's Bulls twice and the Kobe and Shaq Lakers.

So I dont think it's a foregone conclusion.

Plus you can be annoyed at a possible outcome but you cant be annoyed at the Warriors. Nobody would touch Boogie, he had to reach out to the Warriors. It's not like the Warriors have unfairly signed him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back