The USA Sports Thread

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Bulls paying Jabari 20 million a season. Good luck with that.

For one year guaranteed, year 2 is a team option. But of course the Bulls are going to give a Chicago native with significant injury history a contract and year 2 will probably be picked up even if year 1 is a disaster, that is how little confidence I have in the FO.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Weird from the Raptors. The only thing that makes sense is that they didnt believe DeRozen was their franchise player and could lead them to glory so decided to blow it up.

Because Kawhi is 100% not staying in Toronto.

Spurs did well though. They made the playoffs last season without Kawhi. Now they pretty much have the same roster but added a great player and all star in DeRozan. They should be top four in the West next season you would think.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Weird from the Raptors. The only thing that makes sense is that they didnt believe DeRozen was their franchise player and could lead them to glory so decided to blow it up.

Because Kawhi is 100% not staying in Toronto.

Spurs did well though. They made the playoffs last season without Kawhi. Now they pretty much have the same roster but added a great player and all star in DeRozan. They should be top four in the West next season you would think.

I’m pretty happy with the outcome, Kawhi screwedus over last season and so now we’ve done the same, sent him somewhere he doesn’t want to be, interesting to see how professional he is at Toronto next season or if he sooks it up, because in 12 months I have no doubt he will be a LA Lakers player.

Our squad isn’t to damaged, hopefully can add another piece to the line-up, DeRozan will give us something new, he and Aldridge will work well together, just need another to form a decent 3.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Patriots will probably struggle a bit this year. AFC is starting to look more competitive and the Pats have no receivers bar Gronk.

Looking forward to the season now.
Who do you support?

I can’t wait for the season to roll around again. It’s a little bittersweet though because I know nothing will beat last season.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Who do you support?

I can’t wait for the season to roll around again. It’s a little bittersweet though because I know nothing will beat last season.
Don't really support anyone as i have no ties to any team and only started following the sport in my late teens and early 20s. Same with basketball really.

I just like watching good teams/players. Love watching Wentz so looking forward to seeing the Eagles again. Same with Gronk and the Pats, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Aaron Donald, etc.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It was just announced that Johnny Cueto is having Tommy John surgery tomorrow. That sucks for any pitcher. Might see him late next year or in 2020.

On a lighter note (well, not for Jatz)

Also, from that Nationals 25-4 game. Shawn Kelley gave up a HR late on, threw his glove on the ground and after he glared into the dugout, the Nationals DFA’d him. Weird.

Last edited:
Back