The USA Sports Thread

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I just love the photo of ‘the last shot’, you can see the Jazz fans’ faces as the ball is in mid air just knowing what is going to happen, hands on heads, shaking their head, they knew it was coming.

Unbelievable series, loved every bit of it. From someone who vividly remembers that Bulls team of the 90’s as I was young growing up, was awesome to go back and just get and incredible look into what went down during their dynasty and black Jesus, don’t think we’ll ever see someone like MJ again.

Someone said on reddit that his parents were amongst the faces shown. And his mum got a kick out of being shown on the documentary like that. What a walk down memory lane that is two decades later.

The entire series was amazing. That Steve Kerr story was heartbreaking. :(

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
What a great doco. I decided to only start watching this, last Friday just to get some continuity and I'm glad I did.
This is despite a friend who, get this, doesn't follow ANY sport let alone basketball,urging me to watch this a few weeks ago as she thought it was that good.
Just like the ESPN 30 for 30 series the Yanks do these docos so well.
Anyhow Michael Jordan has probably enhanced his standing as the GOAT,if there was any doubt. Haha.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

CQpp4JlWsAAGmbq

RIP, Jerry Sloan! :(

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Finished watching Last Dance. What an incredible doco. I pretty much knew every single detail in the doco so nothing was new to me as I'm a huge MJ and Bulls fan. But it was more the new interviews and the never before seen behind the scenes footage which was captivating.

Particularly all the Jordan interviews, he was just no bullshit throughout it. His dominating personality and win at all costs even comes through in his interviews when you can see how much it all meant to him.

He's the GOAT and it's not even close.

I did think Scottie got killed a little bit in that doco though. He deserved a little more. They focused a bit too much on his negative stuff that his positive stuff.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Finished watching Last Dance. What an incredible doco. I pretty much knew every single detail in the doco so nothing was new to me as I'm a huge MJ and Bulls fan. But it was more the new interviews and the never before seen behind the scenes footage which was captivating.

Particularly all the Jordan interviews, he was just no bullshit throughout it. His dominating personality and win at all costs even comes through in his interviews when you can see how much it all meant to him.

I did think Scottie got killed a little bit in that doco though. He deserved a little more. They focused a bit too much on his negative stuff that his positive stuff.

Scottie has his moment at the end of it.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Still can't believe they didn't film that whole Space Jam practice session. They could have done a PPV of that now and I would have bought it.

Same with the Dream Team practice sessions.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Still can't believe they didn't film that whole Space Jam practice session. They could have done a PPV of that now and I would have bought it.

Same with the Dream Team practice sessions.
They must still have so much unseen footage! I mean you saw what 30 seconds to a minute of those Space Jam practice sessions. But I bet they filmed hours of it. Same with the Dream Team.

What a doco and it's crushing for Lebron mainly haha. Poor bloke.

Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal

And to think that the Astros thought they dodged a bullet by having the season start a few months late because of Covid, and their opponents would just be happy they get to play Baseball again.

The coach said something about his mother.

The A's had a coach do the Nazi salute last week.

Back