The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So Justin Turner is tested yesterday and most likely before the game at some point during the afternoon since it’s a night game. During the second inning tonight, those results came back as inconclusive. A good 30+ hours have passed.

In the meantime, Justin Turner is tested again during the day (as all players would be tested every day), those tests “had just arrived” and were run off the back of the inconclusive test and amazingly there is very little turnaround between the second when they are run to the seventh inning to get a result.

Superbly done by all involved.

He is out on the field celebrating

probably not, they’ve only strengthened while the contenders around them didn’t do much.
Yeah they amazingly somehow got better. While everyone else got worse.

Only really Brooklyn can I see as a maybe but I'd have to see them play. On paper they look pretty good, Dinwiddie, Kyrie, KD, Lavert, Allen, Deandre Jordan, Harris, Prince, Shamet, Green... That's a well rounded team. It has defence, shooters, 1%er guys and two big time stars.

Whether it all clicks or not is another thing.

Yeah they amazingly somehow got better. While everyone else got worse.

Only really Brooklyn can I see as a maybe but I'd have to see them play. On paper they look pretty good, Dinwiddie, Kyrie, KD, Lavert, Allen, Deandre Jordan, Harris, Prince, Shamet, Green... That's a well rounded team. It has defence, shooters, 1%er guys and two big time stars.

Whether it all clicks or not is another thing.
How did they get better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mathews and Harwell were unplayable in the play-offs. Gasoline might be done. Schroeder has been good for one season.
Harrell was very poor in the playoffs. Gasol brings defense and can spread the floor. Schroder is an excellent pick up, gives them a legitimate third scorer. Mathews can shoot. They got way better.

News.com.au’ take on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s contract extension.

“The two-time NBA MVP will sign a max five-year contract extension with the Bucks, Antetokounmpo announced on Twitter. It will be worth a record $301 million (AUD) and ensures the Bucks will be NBA title contenders for years to come. The contract has an opt-out after the fourth year, according to ESPN.

“This is my home, this is my city.. I’m blessed to be able to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let’s make these years count. The show goes on, let’s get it,” Antetokounmpo wrote.

The contract edges the $274 million extension Russell Westbrook signed in 2017.”

Eh, only $27m difference lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back