The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The money or the trade pieces? The only part of the pieces I wouldn't have traded was 2022 1st. The money is what it is.
2025 first...you could be in the lottery by then as DeRozan will be well and truly washed up.

2025 first...you could be in the lottery by then as DeRozan will be well and truly washed up.

Oh,yeah, I read the tweet wrong, you are right, it’s a 2025 1st and 2022, ‘25 seconds. This is the risk you take to get a very good player for the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Bulls have basically punted the draft and doing everything they can to convince Lavine to extend really.

And they’ve basically become much better over the last 24 hours leading into Lavine’s final Bulls season. The draft is a total crap shoot anyway.

And they’ve basically become much better over the last 24 hours leading into Lavine’s final Bulls season. The draft is a total crap shoot anyway.
You've got teams giving up draft assets left, right and center and then your OKC's who are accumulating as many as you can.

Also for the funniest thing I've read today so far....

You've got teams giving up draft assets left, right and center and then your OKC's who are accumulating as many as you can.

Also for the funniest thing I've read today so far....

I think that’s just the Basketball world now. You either trade for players and sign expensive FA’s or you get left behind. After all those years of having to suffer through Gar/Pax, the new front office is a breath of fresh air. Worry about 2025 when it comes and by that stage, the Bulls will have a *ton of money off the books to spend.

I think that’s just the Basketball world now. You either trade for players and sign expensive FA’s or you get left behind. After all those years of having to suffer through Gar/Pax, the new front office is a breath of fresh air. Worry about 2025 when it comes and by that stage, the Bulls will have a fu**ton of money off the books to spend.

Yeah, don’t like the modern NBA.

Yeah draft picks mean nothing, the NBA is about trades and Free Agency. Remember when Boston and Danny Ainge had accumulated all those draft picks and were set up to be in a fantastic position. Yeah...

Getting DeRozen is huge, it gives us the final piece to really push into the playoffs and hopefully keep Lavine happy, it's a play to get him to stay long term.

Lonzo, Lavine, DeRozen, Williams, Vuc is a decent starting five.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the Lakers are really old and health could be an issue for them. I think Malik Monk is actually a nice pick up. Melo, I dont know...

As I said, either gonna go really well, or really poorly. I'm just trying to think who is gonna be finishing games for the Lakers with AD, LeBron and Westy. Im thinking probably Monk and maybe Ariza.

Lakers will be excellent in the regular season and should be top 3 in the west without injuries.

Can't see them making it past the western conference finals with that bench though. With a fit AD and Bron I won't write them off completely.
The West is a little more open now though. Murray and Kawhi will miss most of the season so the Nuggets and Clippers will be not much chop. Are Utah really a threat? Leaves just Phoenix really and they would need Ayton and Book to continue to really progress and for Paul to say injury free. Doncic doesnt have enough help in Dallas.

I can see the Lakers making the finals, just can they beat say the Bucks or Nets. I dont know.

The West is a little more open now though. Murray and Kawhi will miss most of the season so the Nuggets and Clippers will be not much chop. Are Utah really a threat? Leaves just Phoenix really and they would need Ayton and Book to continue to really progress and for Paul to say injury free. Doncic doesnt have enough help in Dallas.

I can see the Lakers making the finals, just can they beat say the Bucks or Nets. I dont know.
Good point mate. Forgot about Murray and Kawhi. That probably helps the Lakers get to the finals whilst managing the older players minutes. Losing Caruso is huge for them but they couldn't match the offer from the Bulls.

I don't think the Suns, Mavs or Utah could beat a fully fit Lakers team in 7 games.

Good point mate. Forgot about Murray and Kawhi. That probably helps the Lakers get to the finals whilst managing the older players minutes. Losing Caruso is huge for them but they couldn't match the offer from the Bulls.

I don't think the Suns, Mavs or Utah could beat a fully fit Lakers team in 7 games.
Me either. Doncic is special but just does not have anywhere near enough help. Utah lack something but it's hard to put your finger on it. Maybe they just lack an out and out superstar, Mitchell is tracking that way but would need to take a huge leap this season. You rarely see great teams win championships, it's always superstars who win you chips. The last great team that won a chip with no real superstar would have been the Pistons back in 2004 so it's rare to win a chip without a top 5-10 player in the world.

Suns are capable. I know a lot of talk has been how they sort of got kissed on the dick, injuries to AD, Murray and Kawhi meaning all three teams they faced on their way to the finals lost a key piece to their team. But they are actually really good, Ayton and Booker continue to make strikes and CP3 is CP3.

If the Lakers stay healthy though, they would be my pick to come out of the west.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back