The USA Sports Thread

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
I was listening to Bill Simmons podcast last night with Cousin Sal, and they are pretty confident about a Patriots v Cowboys SuperBowl.

Would be melts of an epic proportion if that happened.

I will always love and acknowledge Tom Brady as the GOAT and rapt he won a ring at Tampa Bay, but given our drafting and recruiting the last season or two, we and Belichick made the right call letting him go.

Belichick is definitely the greatest professional coach in any sport or code have followed as a fan.
The Pats don't have enough offensive firepower to get out of the AFC imo. We should know by the end of December whether they are the best team in the AFC Least. The NFC looks the much stronger conference.

Fair play to Josh McDaniels if they do make it. Still too early to tell whether Mac Jones can do it on the biggest stage. Brady was fearless.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Cuban or their CEO (or whoever that is)

I get the feeling Luka is bit of a figjam who prefers to be the no 1 star in town/team rather rather than be a winner

At this point in time, I cannot see him leaving Dallas as long as Cubes keeps giving him the big bucks and feeds his ego.
But if he was happy being the No.1 star rather than winning then he would be happy!! Cos that's what is happening right now. But he isnt, he hates the situation the Mavs are in now. He wants to win and the front office so far has done an awful job putting the right pieces around him which makes him pretty frustrated.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Luka Doncic awards to date:
- EuroLeague MVP (Youngest ever)
- EuroLeague Champion

- ROTY
- 2x All NBA first team
- NBA Career average of 26, 8 and 8.
- Elmer_Judd Unintentional Reverse Jinx - 2021/22

Rick Carlisle:
- 1x NBA Championship
- Hasn't won a playoff series since 2011

I still get hot flushes thinking of the too-long debate a while ago about how European Basketball is s**t.

Thought this was pretty cool but the Lakers as far as tribute vids go. Caruso has worked his ass off to get where he is today. Lakers really messed up by not re-signing him. The Bulls are profiting from that right now.

Yeah, that was an awesome tribute video. Alex Caruso with hair, holy s**t lol.

Watching Alex Caruso reminds me of Gary Payton talking about Dennis Rodman, “Dennis Rodman was the * up person. He ****ed up everything. He’s a pest. Shutting down whoever he wanted to. He’s one of the players that changed the game just by his presence.” That's who Caruso is to the Bulls. Such a good defensive player.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Along with the New England Patriots, The Golden State Warriors are the best run team in US Sports. They have brought in some real decent young talent the last few years to extend their title window.

They have been playing like title contenders and still going to get Klay Thompson back. IMO, they are favorites this season.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
They have been playing like title contenders and still going to get Klay Thompson back. IMO, they are favorites this season.

Curry could play till his 50 the way he is going.
Are you watching the Nets v Warriors ? Best game of the season so far (and I have seen lots)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Curry could play till his 50 the way he is going.
Are you watching the Nets v Warriors ? Best game of the season so far (and I have seen lots)

No, I am not. But I will put it on, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, Curry is such a good player. The guy can literally shoot and score from anywhere.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
What did I do?

Carlton & Leeds 😂

1637114934419.gif

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The Warriors just bitchslapped the Nets. Curry is such a force, he's the ultimate floor spacer. All the Warriors have to do is move. Cut and move. Spot up.

They are a big chance to win another championship.

Assuming they all stay healthy, it's really hard to see any one else beating them in a 7 game series.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
To be fair we all laughed and cringed at Marvel's re-branding now it seems pretty normal.

Read a suggestion online that the name should have been Bitcoin Arena. Instantly it sounds a lot better lol.

But hey, the Chicago White Sox play in Guaranteed Rate Field. 😂

Back