The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair we all laughed and cringed at Marvel's re-branding now it seems pretty normal.

If They ever dare change the name of Elland Rd, Leeds fans worldwide would riot. But then again if changing the name of our historic ground ensured our long term Top-Flight survival, we would get used to it in time.

If They ever dare change the name of Elland Rd, Leeds fans worldwide would riot. But then again if changing the name of our historic ground ensured our long term Top-Flight survival, we would get used to it in time.
So we angry or happy?

Youve never been to Elland Rd ffs. Why would you care?

I dont think the club would ever rename the stadium. Anfield is iconic.

But you know $$$ talks but hopefully whoever owns the club if this should ever become a thing will see reason.

The .com part sounds ridiculous though. Crypto Arena is ok I guess. Crypto.com Arena is stupid haha.

I dont think the club would ever rename the stadium. Anfield is iconic.

But you know $$$ talks but hopefully whoever owns the club if this should ever become a thing will see reason.

I think surely the name recognition of the stadium outweighs almost any $$s that could be offered for Old Trafford or Anfield. As you say, iconic names. Most brands know that even if they paid the money needed to get the club to agree to it, virtually everyone would carry on using their main names.

I think surely the name recognition of the stadium outweighs almost any $$s that could be offered for Old Trafford or Anfield. As you say, iconic names. Most brands know that even if they paid the money needed to get the club to agree to it, virtually everyone would carry on using their main names.

Liverpool's home ground is mainly known as Klansfield these days after #SuarezGate ...

You'd think so, there are only so few stadiums that are iconic and probably beyond a name change now. Anfield, Old Trafford, Bernabeu, San Siro, Camp Nou etc

You'd think so, there are only so few stadiums that are iconic and probably beyond a name change now. Anfield, Old Trafford, Bernabeu, San Siro, Camp Nou etc

You forgot one. St James Park.

How can media outlets doubt very good players continuously and continuously made to look foolish?

TBF he is having a career year efficiency wise. He was an inefficient scorer for the Spurs and looked to be in decline. A 3 year $81m deal looked bad for a 32 year old at the time, particularly one who has relied on athleticism for most of his career. I think there will be some reversion to the mean for him over the course of the season but he is certainly playing up to his contract so far, particularly from 3.

Along with the New England Patriots, The Golden State Warriors are the best run team in US Sports. They have brought in some real decent young talent the last few years to extend their title window.
James Wiseman looks like a bust. They could have got Halliburton or LaMelo at that pick or traded it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Warriors just bitchslapped the Nets. Curry is such a force, he's the ultimate floor spacer. All the Warriors have to do is move. Cut and move. Spot up.

They are a big chance to win another championship.
Yep. Only 15 games in to the season though. Plenty of time for teams to make moves to contend. Health will be critical.

Yep. Only 15 games in to the season though. Plenty of time for teams to make moves to contend. Health will be critical.
Oh yeah still super early and everything changes if Kyrie actually plays.

But if Klay comes back and is even 75% of himself, they will be really hard to beat.

They are actually super deep and not a scrub on the roster. I mean the closest would be maybe Looney. But all the bench mob will contribute like Lee, Iggy, Kuminga, JTA, Porter Jr, Bjelica, Payton II and even Wiseman once he gets back. Just really deep and really good.

Oh yeah still super early and everything changes if Kyrie actually plays.

But if Klay comes back and is even 75% of himself, they will be really hard to beat.

They are actually super deep and not a scrub on the roster. I mean the closest would be maybe Looney. But all the bench mob will contribute like Lee, Iggy, Kuminga, JTA, Porter Jr, Bjelica, Payton II and even Wiseman once he gets back. Just really deep and really good.
They need Klay back at 100% to win imo. Not even for his offense which is great of course. They need his D against KD or Harden, Giannis, Bron (maybe lol), etc. Can't rely on Iggy to shut someone down in a 7 game series these days. He's playing on fumes.

James Wiseman looks like a bust. They could have got Halliburton or LaMelo at that pick or traded it.
Too early for the bust title just yet. Has only played 39 games but still averaged 11 and 6 which is pretty decent for a rookie. He just needs to get healthy and with the team winning now, he can come in off the bench and play with less pressure. I think he still has big upside.

If we're talking bust, how are the Kings feeling now with Bagley just stinking it up. He's played just 120 games in three seasons and the Kings could have taken Doncic or Young. Ouch...

They need Klay back at 100% to win imo. Not even for his offense which is great of course. They need his D against KD or Harden, Giannis, Bron (maybe lol), etc. Can't rely on Iggy to shut someone down in a 7 game series these days. He's playing on fumes.
Still have Draymond though on D and Wiggins is much improved on that side of the floor and Payton II is really great on the defensive side as well. But yeah they are gonna need Klay.

The Warriors are already the best team in the league though so a 75% Klay is a massive boost.

Honestly reckon Kyrie will end up at the Lakers (reunited with LBJ) or Clippers before the trade deadline. I don't think he will play for the Nets again.
He has zero trade value though, cant play cos he wont get jabbed and he's just in general a nutter. Nobody will trade anything of value for him. So he stays for me and probably retires or they come to some legal way to end his contract so they dont have to pay him.

Too early for the bust title just yet. Has only played 39 games but still averaged 11 and 6 which is pretty decent for a rookie. He just needs to get healthy and with the team winning now, he can come in off the bench and play with less pressure. I think he still has big upside.

If we're talking bust, how are the Kings feeling now with Bagley just stinking it up. He's played just 120 games in three seasons and the Kings could have taken Doncic or Young. Ouch...
Kings gonna Kings haha.

Wiseman needs to learn how to play D. He looks lost on the defensive end of the floor. The Warriors are one of the worst teams in the league when he is on the floor. He is only young though and has upside offensively. Compare him though to Evan Mobley. That kid is going to be an absolute MONSTER.

He has zero trade value though, cant play cos he wont get jabbed and he's just in general a nutter. Nobody will trade anything of value for him. So he stays for me and probably retires or they come to some legal way to end his contract so they dont have to pay him.
Yeah I can see the nets and NBA agreeing to pay Kyrie out but not have it count towards the cap. It is a very unique situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back