The USA Sports Thread

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Fergie coached for longer, won a shitload more titles and never got fired by the Brown's. Fergie never cheated to win like Belicheat.

Lol your bitterness is showing.

Fungus didn't have to compete with a salary gap, Man Ure always bought the best players from other English clubs before the big spending clubs like Chelsea, Man City and to a lesser extent Liverpool under their US owners arrived, played against a lot less teams in the EPL than BB in the NFL, and also he was fired from his first managerial job in Aberdeen

Who looks like the clown when the facts are presented ...

Fungus got lucky his Scum club had such a financial and worldwide monopoly at the time he was manager and its a great reason why I am so delighted to see them in the shitter these days. Those halcyon days will never happen again

Even Zizou told Man Ure to jog on when they tried to approach him twice for their open managerial position ...

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Fungus didn't have to compete with a salary, played against a lot less teams in the EPL than BB in the NFL, and also he was fired from his first managerial job in Aberdeen

Lololol he won the title and European trophies at Aberdeen you clown. He left Aberdeen to take the United job.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Fungus didn't have to compete with a salary gap, Man Ure always bought the best players from other English clubs before the big spending clubs like Chelsea, Man City and to a lesser extent Liverpool under their US owners arrived, played against a lot less teams in the EPL than BB in the NFL, and also he was fired from his first managerial job in Aberdeen

Since the 2004/05 season, United have won the league 5 titles, Chelsea 5 times, City 5 times and Liverpool 1 times. Sir Alex Ferguson retired 8 and a half years ago.

I was worried for a minute that the bolded part would have harmed Sir Alex Ferguson’s legacy.

Fungus got lucky his Scum club had such a financial and worldwide monopoly at the time
he was manager and its a great reason why I am so delighted to see them in the shitter these days. Those halcyon days will never happen again

Even Zizou told Man Ure to jog on when they tried to approach him twice for their open managerial position ...

That’s like telling Bill Gates he’s a campaigner for having lots of money because he knows how to make lots of money. 😂

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Why is this sh*t getting argued in here. Piss off Elmer.

Free feel to put me on ignore if my opinions wound you up that much you Dull City supporting fan. You wouldn't know what it was like to support a globally successful sporting franchise if it bit you on the ass.

It's honestly a legitimate argument to discuss between fans of many sporting codes without some over sensitive petals (such as yourself) having meltdowns over something i am sure has been debated many times elsewhere over the years.

Lighten up poindexter.

Free feel to put me on ignore if my opinions wound you up that much you Dull City supporting fan. You wouldn't know what it was like to support a globally successful sporting franchise if it bit you on the ass.

It's honestly a legitimate argument to discuss between fans of many sporting codes without some over sensitive petals (such as yourself) having meltdowns over something i am sure has been debated many times elsewhere over the years.

Lighten up poindexter.

You have no idea what you're ranting about 99% of the time and add nothing of value to a thread that has nothing to do with Ferguson or United.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Since the 2004/05 season, United have won the league 5 titles, Chelsea 5 times, City 5 times and Liverpool 1 times. Sir Alex Ferguson retired 8 and a half years ago.

I was worried for a minute that the bolded part would have harmed Sir Alex Ferguson’s legacy.

That’s like telling Bill Gates he’s a campaigner for having lots of money because he knows how to make lots of money. 😂

Don't be naive, Man Utd have lost their monopoly and stranglehold on the game cause there have been a couple of clubs (most notably City and Chelsea) who have managed to spend as much money as the United Inbreds (sometimes less in a couple of occasions) due to astute ownership and administration.

Would Bacon Face Fergie in his prime have as much on field success as he did now, if managing against the likes of Chelsea, City and Liverpool with their loaded up squads now ?

You would have to be really naive to assume so. I am not trying to diminish Fergie's legacy but if you think about it logically and in hindsight, those MUFC teams he won and managed with to so many titles retrospectively in hindsight were not that great due to the lack of elite teams competing against team, and would nowhere near have the same amount of success as they would playing in the last 10-15 years of Premier League and European Competitions.

Yeah I realize I am being a tad disrespectful, but deep down in your heart, you know I'm right.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You have no idea what you're ranting about 99% of the time and add nothing of value to a thread that has nothing to do with Ferguson or United.

Unless you follow US Sports (which from all indications you don't, or ar least not posted much about here), not sure why you are having a go at me, when I was talking about probably the greatest modern day US Sports team and coach ever in Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots in comparison to the British based equivalent in Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United. This is a US Sports thread on the Association Football Board, and therefore my posts are entirely in context within said parameters of this board/forum

As I said a few posts ago, I honestly don't give a continental about what you think about my opinions or my so called intellect, it's like the hairs on my butt crack really, in terms of who much I worry worry about it.

In all honesty I do think you are a decent and intelligent bloke SM, but you seriously need to lighten up a bit. And Belichick is the GOAT Sports coach/manager ever ...

Belichick won six championships in one of the most competitive leagues with a draft/FA system that ensures parity. Continually rebuilt the team around Brady without necessarily best talent. He was also the key behind Bill Parcells two championships with the Giants. Has done a remarkable job this season

Unless you follow US Sports (which from all indications you don't, or ar least not posted much about here), not sure why you are having a go at me, when I was talking about probably the greatest modern day US Sports team and coach ever in Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots in comparison to the British based equivalent in Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United. This is a US Sports thread on the Association Football Board, and therefore my posts are entirely in context within said parameters of this board/forum

As I said a few posts ago, I honestly don't give a continental about what you think about my opinions or my so called intellect, it's like the hairs on my butt crack really, in terms of who much I worry worry about it.

In all honesty I do think you are a decent and intelligent bloke SM, but you seriously need to lighten up a bit. And Belichick is the GOAT Sports coach/manager ever ...

You are a bizarre person.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Don't be naive, Man Utd have lost their monopoly and stranglehold on the game cause there have been a couple of clubs (most notably City and Chelsea) who have managed to spend as much money as the United Inbreds (sometimes less in a couple of occasions) due to astute ownership and administration.

Would Bacon Face Fergie in his prime have as much on field success as he did now, if managing against the likes of Chelsea, City and Liverpool with their loaded up squads now ?

You would have to be really naive to assume so. I am not trying to diminish Fergie's legacy but if you think about it logically and in hindsight, those MUFC teams he won and managed with to so many titles retrospectively in hindsight were not that great due to the lack of elite teams competing against team, and would nowhere near have the same amount of success as they would playing in the last 10-15 years of Premier League and European Competitions.

Yeah I realize I am being a tad disrespectful, but deep down in your heart, you know I'm right.
Just the 13 league titles for Fergie mate. He did it against great Arsenal teams, great Chelsea teams, Champions League winning Liverpool teams and league title winning City teams. Winning the treble, the 07/08 champions league and making 2 further finals in a row invalidates your point.

Fergie came up against 'loaded squads' and dispatched them over time. Funny that you use a 10-15 year timeframe for this poorly articulated point. From 2006 to 2013 United won 5 Premier League Titles and the Champions League. United also featured in 2 other Champions League finals during this period. Funny that you talk about things being easy for Fergie despite 7 Champions League finals between 2005-2013 being contested by at least one English team, including 5 finals in a row from 2005.

Nice try though. Belichick may well be the GOAT by the time he retires but he needs more titles imo. He has also had a free pass through the AFC Least for the past 20 years. It's a bit like comparing Lebron and Jordan. When Jordan played, the East was vastly superior. Up until 2 years ago, the East has always been an absolute shitshow throughout Lebrons career and he has been able to cruise until the conference finals.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

If you want to have a debate about Manchester United losing their “monopoly and strangleholdpost-Ferguson, that’s a seperate debate and not what is being debated here. If you think it’s the same debate, United didn’t lose their stranglehold right up until Ferguson retired in 2013. So United losing their stranglehold happened after Ferguson retired.

Bojan KantKick articulated everything I would have said above and has said it better than I would have.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
All the US talk show hosts are garbage. They pander to there guest and fake laugh there way through every show. It's pretty awful.

Graham Norton on the other hand is without doubt the best talk show host going around and best talk show. Always a good watch.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
So would Brades.

Until we find out that he has Jimmy Carr’s laugh and then he’d just be annoying as *.
All the US talk show hosts are garbage. They pander to there guest and fake laugh there way through every show. It's pretty awful.

Graham Norton on the other hand is without doubt the best talk show host going around and best talk show. Always a good watch.

I can’t take US talk shows. Fallon laughs at everything. Kimmel takes everything the guest says literally and turns it into an awkward conversation. Ellen can have the same guest on twice 8 years part and asks the exact same questions.

But yeah, Graham Norton is fantastic.

Back