The USA Sports Thread

Miami are pretty solid
True, forgot about them.

Man the run home is going to be a treat. Miami v Philly. Celtics v Bucks.

I'd almost rather be a neutral.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The issue many have with Simmons is that if he doesn't feel ready/comfortable playing for whatever reason, he shouldn't be entitled to be paid, and he is now filing a grievance with his attoneys for suing them for all the income in lost wages (something like 20 million or so I believe)

On top of that he has rejected many times all the professional/psychological help and attempts by the Sixers organisation, players and coach to apologize and build bridges.

6dv9r8.jpg

He needs to grow up. in danger of pissing away his promising NBA career if he doesn't pull his head in, put his big Boy pants on and work his ass off to win back the respect and trust of his Nets teammates and the entire NBA community.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The issue many have with Simmons is that if he doesn't feel ready/comfortable playing for whatever reason, he shouldn't be entitled to be paid, and he is now filing a grievance with his attoneys for suing them for all the income in lost wages (something like 20 million or so I believe)

On top of that he has rejected many times all the professional/psychological help and attempts by the Sixers organisation, players and coach to apologize and build bridges.

6dv9r8.jpg

He needs to grow up. in danger of pissing away his promising NBA career if he doesn't pull his head in, put his big Boy pants on and work his ass off to win back the respect and trust of his Nets teammates and the entire NBA community.

Then you have to not pay everyone with an injury - sexton. Hayward etc.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

6dv9r8.jpg

Lol@the ultra soft... classic!

Simmon's days of getting a max contract are over... he'll be 2nd or 3rd fiddle in teams from now on and nothing more.

No coach worth their weight will take Simmons on and expect him to be the #1 or even #2 marquee player. He's proven he is a flakey player both on and off the court. He has no heart, and will never be a competitive beast. His papers are stamped imo.

He may even play some good basketball, he will make play offs and will contribute, but you can bookmark this. Next time his in a high pressure high stakes situation he'll crumble.

He thinks he's a rapper and is more interested in his wardrobe than his basketball skills.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Be interesting to see what the Nets do in the off season now. They have to make moves to give KD more help, they just cant seem to get stops when they need them. Too many guy on that team cant defend, Curry, Kyrie, Harris (when he is back wont help defensively), Mills, Griffin, Aldridge, Dragic...

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Bill Simmons on his latest podcasts was talking about Jayson Tatum and what his ceiling could be? He says he never be as good a fluid and heavy scorer as Durant, but could be like a peak (healthy) Kawhi Leonard but with better offensive punch.

I would be pretty happy with that.
I thought Tatum would become another Durant like bucket machine, but the evolution of his play making and defensive game is even more pleasing and exciting to me

Love the fact Jaylen Brown is happy to be the Robin to Tatum's Batman.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bill Simmons on his latest podcasts was talking about Jayson Tatum and what his ceiling could be? He says he never be as good a fluid and heavy scorer as Durant, but could be like a peak (healthy) Kawhi Leonard but with better offensive punch.

I would be pretty happy with that.
I thought Tatum would become another Durant like bucket machine, but the evolution of his play making and defensive game is even more pleasing and exciting to me

Love the fact Jaylen Brown is happy to be the Robin to Tatum's Batman.
Giannis is gonna be a handful for you guys.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
We were never beating the Bucks, but good building blocks for next season, if we make the right moves in the off season and have Mini Claw back for the entire season and some more growth from Ayo and next season will hopefully be a good one!

Back