The USA Sports Thread

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Nothing surprises me anymore. The FBI knew that Larry Nassar was sexually assaulting gymnasts in his care at least two years before the women came forward.

So Deshaun Watson being an athlete and serving a small suspension after what he’s done, shouldn’t surprise anyone.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Nothing surprises me anymore. The FBI knew that Larry Nassar was sexually assaulting gymnasts in his care at least two years before the women came forward.

So Deshaun Watson being an athlete and serving a small suspension after what he’s done, shouldn’t surprise anyone.
I keep going back to this...

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I keep going back to this...

Don't get me started on the NFL/Goodell and their pathetic persecution of Tom Brady over deflategate, cause the Colts and Ravens were salty AF they got beaten by a better team in the playoffs legitimately and snitched.

Hope this two bum franchises never make the Superbowl again

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Probably the greatest Baseball Commentator of all time.

Damn another legend gone.

You may or may not know this, but Chris Carter, creator of the X-Files named the female hero of the Show after the Legendary Dodgers MLB commentator (Dana Scully)

Probably my favourite female sci-fi/genre character ever. Gillian Anderson is still really sexy and awesome to this day

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
PED's are back.....

Holy s**t! 😳

Tatis Jr is one of the last players I would have expected to be suspended for PED’s. He does say in his statement that he inadvertently took a medication that contained the banned substance. I am guessing that he forfeits his pay until the day he can return and then his contract gets restarted?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Pretty easy to hang s**t on Golfers like Cam Smith to take the bag for the Saudi tour, but for that kind of money everyone else in the same situation would have taken it (anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or a moron)

Pretty easy to go on Sportswashing rants/tirades when almost every sport globally with some kind of sponsor (especially kit and footwear) has some kind of human rights violations with it.

I am over this so called Sportswashing whinging, it's pointless and extremely annoying.

I am happy to see most of the Football Community is finally getting around to and embracing the World Cup in Qatar (aside from one former German snowflake, which is pretty rich coming from him, given his nation's toxic and bloody crimes against humanity)

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Holy s**t! 😳

Tatis Jr is one of the last players I would have expected to be suspended for PED’s. He does say in his statement that he inadvertently took a medication that contained the banned substance. I am guessing that he forfeits his pay until the day he can return and then his contract gets restarted?
Yep he won't earn any money until he's back playing which is 42 games into next season.

He still has 13 years $335M left on his deal.

Back