The USA Sports Thread

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Stealth tank job by the GOAT coach !
Just goes to show that regardless of how good the coach is, you still need the cattle. You guys will be done for a few years yet I think. Couple of O Lineman a QB and at least one really good receiver needed. Belichik after all these years still has a blindspot at drafting receivers.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Just goes to show that regardless of how good the coach is, you still need the cattle. You guys will be done for a few years yet I think. Couple of O Lineman a QB and at least one really good receiver needed. Belichik after all these years still has a blindspot at drafting receivers.

Agree with that, still I can't really complain about several years in the wilderness after all the success we have had, tbh not sure if BB will still be our coach once our next SB window opens.

I just want anyone but the Eagles or Cowboys to win the Superbowl :)

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
The top spending NBA team's payroll is around $193 mill. The top NFL teams are in the low $200 mill.

With no salary cap or draft penalties, the Mets are on half a billion dollars.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The top spending NBA team's payroll is around $193 mill. The top NFL teams are in the low $200 mill.

With no salary cap or draft penalties, the Mets are on half a billion dollars.

Steve Cohen is the kind of owner that the other MLB owners have tried to keep out of baseball lol. The other owners vetoed Mark Cuban from becoming the Chicago Cubs owner about 15 ago because he would spend too much money and turn the Cubs into the Yankees, they didn’t like that idea. But now this has happened. 😂

I am quite enjoying what Steve Cohen is doing. Hopefully it puts a rocket up the other owners arses to spend money, including my own teams owners.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Because it was over Giannis? You see that sort of dunk 20 times a day around the NBA.

Looks even better on this angle

I rarely post Celtics highlights here, but that was absolutely brutal by JT.

Something has been off with Giannis lately (not just vs the Celts)

He looks slow, banged up and frustrated (played a lot of games in the off season for Greece)

Time for Bud to do some load management with him imo

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Looks even better on this angle

I rarely post Celtics highlights here, but that was absolutely brutal by JT.

Something has been off with Giannis lately (not just vs the Celts)

He looks slow, banged up and frustrated (played a lot of games in the off season for Greece)

Time for Bud to do some load management with him imo

Thanks for the reminder mate! :(

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Pretty dime a dozen dunk. Just made more of it cos it's over Giannis. But it's why I love Giannis, he will challenge shots, he doesnt care if he ends up on a poster, he cares about trying to block the shot and make a good play. If he gets dunked on, so be it.

Also I dont think their is anything wrong with Giannis, he is squarely in the MVP conversation, having a great season.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Didn't watch the game sadly but that is an all time historic choke, even by Knicks standards.

What a player Luka is.

I gather that Dallas were trailing by 9 points with fewer than 20 seconds left but also trailing by 9 points with more than 20 seconds left but fewer than 35 seconds left?

Back