Mystery The Valentich Disappearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies for any confusion I might have caused. I got the link from another site - just looked at the transcript that's all.

No worries

I wonder if the real thing is floating around on the web somewhere, in that radio interview posted earlier the man said his father had a copy.
I wonder if the government/RAAF has it classified or it's simply been destroyed...

There is a documentary series ''The Unexplained Files'' Episode 1 covers Frederick's story.
It has an interview with his brother and supposedly the genuine metallic scraping sound from the ATC recording.
About to watch it myself.

There is a documentary series ''The Unexplained Files'' Episode 1 covers Frederick's story.
It has an interview with his brother and supposedly the genuine metallic scraping sound from the ATC recording.
About to watch it myself.

supposedly the first time this tape [the original] has aired
unfortunately this show was done on the cheap in america

best cases to read about for south pacific,must reads
1/quentin fogarty nz lights
2/bruce cathie harmonics
these books will certainly blow your minds.

Adelaide researcher Keith Basterfield had been told by the Government in 2004 the official Valentich file had been lost or destroyed but he "found" it when searching through an online National Archives index on an unrelated topic. The file has since been digitised and uploaded on the archive's website.
The file reveals that "parts of aircraft wreckage with partial serial numbers were found in Bass Strait five years after the disappearance.

1. Go to National Archives of Australia. http://www.naa.gov.au/
2. Type VH-DSJ in the Search the Collection box
3. Up comes this file
4. Click on View digital copy.

Adelaide researcher Keith Basterfield had been told by the Government in 2004 the official Valentich file had been lost or destroyed but he "found" it when searching through an online National Archives index on an unrelated topic. The file has since been digitised and uploaded on the archive's website.
The file reveals that "parts of aircraft wreckage with partial serial numbers were found in Bass Strait five years after the disappearance.

1. Go to National Archives of Australia. http://www.naa.gov.au/
2. Type VH-DSJ in the Search the Collection box
3. Up comes this file
4. Click on View digital copy.

I've read that, but have you seen since this? The file wasn't open until 2012... Which was my understanding about the official investigation files. Battersby surely wasn't requesting a closed file?

From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_disappearance

Australian Government's Department of Transport file was opened in 2012 under the 20 year rule.[25] The National Archives of Australia (NAA) file reference on this document is: Series Number B1497, Control symbol V116/783/1047, Item Barcode 10491375, Title DSJ - Cape Otway to King Island 21 October 1978 - Aircraft Missing (Valentich). This document is 315 pages in length, and is open at the National Archives of Australia.[26]

I was just about to start a thread on this and thought it'd continue – one of the first things that got me into this sort of love for strange and unknown things. I still think he faked it.

Full episode from the Aussie paranormal show " The Extraordinary " on the subject here...

grizzlym you seen this^^^^^?

Warwick Moss was a great host on this. Very memorable.

I'm surprised his show hasn't been rebooted even as a web series - there's an audience for it and it would surely be cheap to make.

Warwick Moss was a great host on this. Very memorable.

I'm surprised his show hasn't been rebooted even as a web series - there's an audience for it and it would surely be cheap to make.
It would just be episodes about how extraordinary it is that his 3M wall hook is still performing to such a high standard after all this time.

But yes , I'd watch The Extraordinary if it came back on air.

I've read that, but have you seen since this? The file wasn't open until 2012... Which was my understanding about the official investigation files. Battersby surely wasn't requesting a closed file?

From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_disappearance

Australian Government's Department of Transport file was opened in 2012 under the 20 year rule.[25] The National Archives of Australia (NAA) file reference on this document is: Series Number B1497, Control symbol V116/783/1047, Item Barcode 10491375, Title DSJ - Cape Otway to King Island 21 October 1978 - Aircraft Missing (Valentich). This document is 315 pages in length, and is open at the National Archives of Australia.[26]

I was just about to start a thread on this and thought it'd continue – one of the first things that got me into this sort of love for strange and unknown things. I still think he faked it.
Knew Guido very well as he travelled to the Cape every year and prayed for his sons life.
They never recovered anything to my knowledge as i was based there for many years during and after the incident.
As far as "faking it' newspaper bloodhounds threw many theories on the front page of thier papers and weeks later had a page 29 apology in a small print int he bottom corner very well hidden.
There has never been any evidence of a fake and all so called newspaper expert opinions have all been shot down in flames time and time again.
UFO people all over the planet rate this case in the top 10.
PS.photo's,and personal statements from all over this part of the coast point to something strange definitely seen in the sky that day.
My life has been spent looking at this part of the coast for both proffesional and hobby{fishing at night}reasons and ive seen some wierd things but never a UFO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone watched the Kettering Incident, the pilot she sees in old school raaf uniform talking to the young boy in the street plus a couple of other scenes, and the bits where she is driving and the radio goes all funny and you hear the mayday calls and a voice talking about a saucer ( I think from memory, it says about something being huge)....im led to believe that's based off this case
Same as the aerial short of the copper in his kayak and you see the plane deep deep in the water

As well as the enormity of losing a loved one it must be hard for the family reading documents that discuss things like Fred's lack of intelligence and so forth. We had the same doctor - Dr Pasha - in Avondale Heights. He rode a black Honda bike. I didn't know Fred, way too young but another alumni of Keilor Heights High - and my classmate - Attila Bogar, is also missing, going on ten years now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back