Health The Value of Jesus/God in Your Life

Remove this Banner Ad

Recently I've been reading a lot of religious literature, St Augustine and that type of stuff. I actually quite enjoy it, the main problem with religion is the people.

Of course. There's some great fiction out there, but if someone starts preaching from The Lord Of The Rings like it really happened I'm still going to slowly back away and say 'OK'...

Of course. There's some great fiction out there, but if someone starts preaching from The Lord Of The Rings like it really happened I'm still going to slowly back away and say 'OK'...

Anyone who recommends drinking dirty laundry water as a means to asceticism & proving one's faith & worthiness, as punishment for our sin riddled body, aint right in the head.

Body hatred is rife with the early Church Fathers, as they saw it as the site of sin....Their denial of earthly pleasure is pathologically conditioned, as a reaction to the conditions in Rome under the reigns of Nero & Caligula....As Josephus would have it; "Christians to the Lions"....and so martyrdom of one's life to an eternal promise of an after-life began, as a concomitant denial of this life on this earth.

Of course Tolkien himself firmly believed that it did happen, and it drove him to write LotR.

Lennon told his own son that he was a mistake and not wanted. How does a guy like that go on to write Imagine?

Great Great Great movie.
Thanks for posting procas.

No worries, my pleasure.

The Great Ingmar Bergman made it in 1957....He derived his inspiration for it from the Book of Revelation.

Co-incidentally, the same year in which Sidney Lumet made 12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda.....2 of my favourite movies ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should still be on SBS World Movies on catch up ???

Full movie free on Youtube here.

also, 12 angry Men...Full movie for free on YouTube here, for anyone interested.

Lennon told his own son that he was a mistake and not wanted. How does a guy like that go on to write Imagine?
Lennon was certainly not a great father when he was young however he was hardly a monster.
Separation *s up kids relationships with their parents regularly and I think that was the main reason for the issues between John and Julian.

How does this relate to Imagine?

iu

With all thats going on this year, the signs are everywhere. I once again appeal to you all, all the doubters eapecially, now you are seeing things unfold that validate what has been written in the NT.

Its not too late now to reconsider your atheism, your disbelief of Jesus.

1584879168668.png

As in....a line was drawn in the sand. A test for humanity. To decide. Accept the lord or not. The world allowed to go in the control of Satan as they are the final days of it all, people making the choice to either sacrifice their souls for earthly gains and satans favor, tho the time is doomed, or to sacrifice the earthly baubles for eternal life. It is put before us to decide. Jesus' return is not rosy, its grim, reaping. Here to save those who have accepted, and banish those who have rejected him.

God has intimated many times thru the prophets....take the journey toward God and he will take the journey toward you twofold. Its not about just coming to the rescue of everyone. You are not dissimilar. You will not rescue those who have rejected and hurt you, turned away from you in your time of need. You do not help those who * you over, cheated you or cheated on you.

Man was given free will, to decide on all things. Its a test, who are worthy. Who have earned the promotion.

Thats the point, the Christian NT thing and the End of Days scenario...as to why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back