Health The Value of Jesus/God in Your Life

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you don’t get to try that one on.

Christians preach that God is all knowing, all-loving and all-powerful. Allegedly if you pray He hears you.

The Bible absolutely implies that God controls the universe. He allegedly created it so it’s a reasonable line to draw that the creator is also the controller.

So, this God is either an evil bully who is pulling the strings for his own perverse entertainment or He is a creation of man and therefore doesn’t exist.
One again, seek first to understand, disagree second. No one says that God controls my day to day movements.

I said God doesn't control minute details like me deciding what I'm going to eat for lunch. Please don't purposely misinterpret what I say like I have already said before

Once again, God gives free will. People can do what they choose with that. And that includes bad things too

I went to church and studied the Bible for 20 years.

I saw the most abhorrent things done to gullible people in the name of God.

You don’t get to accuse me of being ignorant. And you don’t get to accuse me of mockery when you tried and miserably failed to belittle me in the first place.
If you act ignorant then I will accuse you of it. Whether you're actually ignorant or acting ignorant to spite me is a different problem altogether.

Thats it for me.
To understand that there will be times, ideas and instances that you cant.
Thirst for knowledge and understanding is imperative.
But dont short cut or fast track due to the human condition and insecure desire of wanting immediate answers.... now. And complete.
Its arrogant to the extreme to expect the intricacies of the universe and beyond can be confidently solved in short spans of generations.
And to provide explanations and man devised metrics to how it all works when in a lot of cases we throw darts at a cosmic and spiritual dartboard.
Basically. To satiate the fear of things beyond our comprehension rather than scientific explanation. Which is our metric to apply to things beyond what our metrics could possibly gauge.
To progress and understand also needs the deep admission that there will be such which we may not ever.
Knowledge can evolve naturally. Without the express desire of "right here right now"
This approach only inhibits a greater understanding down the path.

Thats it for me.
To understand that there will be times, ideas and instances that you cant.
Thirst for knowledge and understanding is imperative.
But dont short cut or fast track due to the human condition and insecure desire of wanting immediate answers.... now. And complete.
Its arrogant to the extreme to expect the intricacies of the universe and beyond can be confidently solved in short spans of generations.
And to provide explanations and man devised metrics to how it all works when in a lot of cases we throw darts at a cosmic and spiritual dartboard.
Basically. To satiate the fear of things beyond our comprehension rather than scientific explanation. Which is our metric to apply to things beyond what our metrics could possibly gauge.
To progress and understand also needs the deep admission that there will be such which we may not ever.
Knowledge can evolve naturally. Without the express desire of "right here right now"
This approach only inhibits a greater understanding down the path.
Cheers to that!

934ee89c-c348-38e2-bc59-d4e32e126df1

Catholic church does bad things therefore God is bad.

The Lord saw how utterly wicked people on earth had become; every thought was only evil all the time. So God said, “I will destroy from the earth the people I have created. And with them, the animals, birds, and creeping things” (Genesis 6:5–7).

Your god sounds like a lovely bloke.

The Lord saw how utterly wicked people on earth had become; every thought was only evil all the time. So God said, “I will destroy from the earth the people I have created. And with them, the animals, birds, and creeping things” (Genesis 6:5–7).

Your god sounds like a lovely bloke.
If god created everything wouldnt he have the right to destroy it or aspects if it as they see fit? Like the passage you quoted, here they talk about destroying evil...thats ok isnt it? Too much evil people in the world, criminal politicians and powerful who wrought suffering on people for their own greed or control.

If youre a programmer, who wrote code for a simulation, and you see glitches and bugs in it causing a poor simulation experience, youd eradicate the "evil" code, no?

Perspective and context are important, friend.

If god created everything wouldnt he have the right to destroy it or aspects if it as they see fit?

I take it you're on the "pro choice" side of the abortion debate, then?

Like the passage you quoted, here they talk about destroying evil...thats ok isnt it?

Who's to say what is evil, and what isn't?
Your imaginary friend thinks homosexuality is evil. The Islamists fairy godfather agrees and also believes that anyone who doesn't subscribe to his delusion is an infidel.
“God’s curse be upon the infidels! Evil is that for which they have bartered away their souls. They have incurred God’s most inexorable wrath. An ignominious punishment awaits the unbelievers.” Quran 2:89-2:90
Do you think these people are evil? Do you think it would "ok" to "destroy" them?

If youre a programmer, who wrote code for a simulation, and you see glitches and bugs in it causing a poor simulation experience, youd eradicate the "evil" code, no?

Comparing removing a glitch from a computer program, to killing every living creature on the planet. How very Christian of you.

I take it you're on the "pro choice" side of the abortion debate, then?

Who's to say what is evil, and what isn't?
Your imaginary friend thinks homosexuality is evil. The Islamists fairy godfather agrees and also believes that anyone who doesn't subscribe to his delusion is an infidel.
“God’s curse be upon the infidels! Evil is that for which they have bartered away their souls. They have incurred God’s most inexorable wrath. An ignominious punishment awaits the unbelievers.” Quran 2:89-2:90
Do you think these people are evil? Do you think it would "ok" to "destroy" them?

Comparing removing a glitch from a computer program, to killing every living creature on the planet. How very Christian of you.

I'm agnostic on the pro choice debate. I can see both sides of it. That's a very tricky topic better worth tackling another day :(

I'm talking about purely the concept that you quoted from the Bible where God himself had decided to Himself what was good/evil, and acting accordingly. It wasnt a passage telling man to kill/destroy what he considers bad/evil. But merely a passage saying that God the creator from time to time decides to destroy things in his creation and that is that.

I'm not a Christian. I don't follow organized religion. If anything I dig Gnosticism, what they teach. All i know is I believe in a Creator (Intelligent Design is so obvious it's stupid to believe there isnt a primary creator)...and that there is a Jesus-like figure -- whether it be Jesus of the Roman times, or a previous entity from an older civilization that got passed down and adopted by other cultures (like how Roman gods were stolen from Geek mythology, etc)....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that there are angels but not one super omnipotent all knowing God

Stop being so scared and worried about what happens to you after you die and worry about having a good time while you're alive and you won't need to worry about religion. All religions boil down to the unknown after death, stress less about it and embrace the dirt and worms into your skin coz that's all that's coming to you.

Stop being so scared and worried about what happens to you after you die and worry about having a good time while you're alive and you won't need to worry about religion. All religions boil down to the unknown after death, stress less about it and embrace the dirt and worms into your skin coz that's all that's coming to you.

Cheers Epicurus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back