Health The Value of Jesus/God in Your Life

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop being so scared and worried about what happens to you after you die and worry about having a good time while you're alive and you won't need to worry about religion. All religions boil down to the unknown after death, stress less about it and embrace the dirt and worms into your skin coz that's all that's coming to you.

Haven't seen your name bob up in a while. Good to see you're still kicking around. Should be an interesting weekend coming up, hey?:cool:

4838.jpg

exactly, so well said....

VAN HALEN

"Once"

Once embraced, can't ever be let go
Once revealed, can't ever be not shown
Once believed, can't ever lose faith
Once shared, can't ever be separate
Once sown, once can't ever be not reaped

Like the dawn of a brand new day
With the power of deity
Well, I can feel it inside of me
Feel it. Can you feel it?

Once born, can't ever be not conceived
Once present, can't ever be past
Once first, once can't ever be not everlast

Returning home of the prodigal
Holding the intangible
To believe in a miracle
Believe it. Can you believe it?

Have you ever been touched?
Once whoa, really touched?
Could it ever be too much?
Whoa-oh-oh, can you tell me?

Once seen, can't ever lose sight
Once dawn, can't ever be not light
Once, once felt, once felt
Can't ever be untouched

The assurance only hope can bring
With the conviction of the unseen
See it's greater than everything
See it, oh can you see it?

Have you ever been touched?
Once whoa-oh really, really touched?
Whoa-ooh-oh oh, can you tell me?
Have you ever really touched love once?

[Guitar Solo]

(Oh!)

Oh! Have you ever been touched?
Once whoa-oh-oh really touched?
I don't know. Did you tell me?
Have you ever really touched
Once. Whoa-oh really, really touched?

Oh-ooh somebody tell me
Have you ever really touched
Love once?

Ah, have you ever really touched
Love once?
Have you ever really touched love
Touched love?
Woooo-ooooo
Woooo-ooooo
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
Wooo-oooo
Wooo-oooo
Wooo-oooo-oooo
Oh, love once. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Jordan Peterson has a biblical lecture series. I only just found out about it, but really enjoying his commentary of the bible and it's psychological impact. 2.5hrs each video but well worth it.

The presence of "God" is tangible. See, your "higher" self is a part of God, that higher self is an intangible connection between the universe and your corporeality. Basically, if you tune in to that "higher" self, aware of it as much as your consciousness, then you start picking up signals coming from "God" to you, and opens up communication from your consciousness to "God" too. That whole ask and you shall receive concept.

There are many books written by psychologists and self-help gurus who pinpoint this exact thing. Learning to visualize happiness, self-happiness, material wants, etc. And how the universe has a strange way of actualizing them. If you continue to pump into your head negative and self-depreciating thoughts then the same happens.

Its not simply a psychological phenomena or trick. Its a phenomena BECAUSE its part of that connection between human and god, between creator and creation. Yes, we are also a mini-creator to ourselves. But the more tangible presence of God is how the signals and messages sent are often not what you specifically want, leading you to where something is better for you than what your own mind insists it wants or has.

Its like bread crumbs goading you to follow. You start to notice there are actual "bread crumbs" when before you just never saw them, they were always there. You start to notice things/people/incidents/etc ARE bread crumbs.

I feel like I'm seeing those bread crumbs. Like, I'm searching for answers, and if I look for them I can see them. But then, the rational part of my kicks in (or perhaps the indoctrinated part) and I start to think. Do we just seek to see patterns or meaning in meaningless phenomenon? But then, the other part of me thinks, we'll you've asked for questions, they're manifesting in your world, you're perceiving them, so what's more real than that.

I feel like I'm seeing those bread crumbs. Like, I'm searching for answers, and if I look for them I can see them. But then, the rational part of my kicks in (or perhaps the indoctrinated part) and I start to think. Do we just seek to see patterns or meaning in meaningless phenomenon? But then, the other part of me thinks, we'll you've asked for questions, they're manifesting in your world, you're perceiving them, so what's more real than that.
its like when you suddenly think about someone (not on purpose) and then they immediately call you or bump into them. Its a physiological phenomenon BECAUSE it is part of that connection between mind and matter. That it manifests itself into the real world is the tangibility of whats an otherwise intangible "God". Same with love.... its all chemical reactions etc but chemistry is part of "God". Psychological phenomenons exist because there is a god-like force that created everything. They are not random and meaningless acts. You are tapping into something that can be communicated with, has a sense of control/direction about it.

its like when you suddenly think about someone (not on purpose) and then they immediately call you or bump into them. Its a physiological phenomenon BECAUSE it is part of that connection between mind and matter. That it manifests itself into the real world is the tangibility of whats an otherwise intangible "God". Same with love.... its all chemical reactions etc but chemistry is part of "God". Psychological phenomenons exist because there is a god-like force that created everything. They are not random and meaningless acts. You are tapping into something that can be communicated with, has a sense of control/direction about it.

And I imagine we'd be able to tap into that stream of consciousness but that the structure of society and the beliefs were taught in mainstream society totally disregard the existence of such phenomenon (more or less) and our ability to access it.

There are mentions throughout literature, but it tends to be disregarded because it can't be proven by science. I've recently thought that the emergence of science (And with it, the notion that everything needs to be objectively provable) is just a way for the power structures to discount any perspectives that they don't want by simply claiming them as not being provable. I don't really know the point I'm trying to make, but science (while helpful in many ways) is also a means to pacify the masses by claiming that anything outside of the mainstream position is just quackery.

And I imagine we'd be able to tap into that stream of consciousness but that the structure of society and the beliefs were taught in mainstream society totally disregard the existence of such phenomenon (more or less) and our ability to access it.

There are mentions throughout literature, but it tends to be disregarded because it can't be proven by science. I've recently thought that the emergence of science (And with it, the notion that everything needs to be objectively provable) is just a way for the power structures to discount any perspectives that they don't want by simply claiming them as not being provable. I don't really know the point I'm trying to make, but science (while helpful in many ways) is also a means to pacify the masses by claiming that anything outside of the mainstream position is just quackery.
those power structures do believe and use those alternate methods. CIA, the Vatican etc

Ive inherently found a fascination with the indoctrinated. Worshippers of any faith find a way to justify their own beliefs and behaviours through some bizarre and generally hateful interpretation of a book or their own take on a religion.

I think the general concepts of religion are great (dont be a dickhead etc) but for me, theres no God or higher power and if you need to idea of some divine afterlife or deity watching you from the back porch in the sky to not be a prick to your fellow man youre a pretty average person.

Nothing can explain this away, and it shows theres at the very minimum a spiritual battle. Add things like cross and rosaries burning skin, the bible being the only thing still dry, and the possession going away when the holy word is read or the name of Jesus is invoked, and then you have a very christian-angle to it all.

First segment to watch, 22 mins long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we are only human and go thru periods of doubt abd uncertainty, affected by things so easily -- a good thing oh thank god, ill be better -- a bad thing yeah theres no such thing as god. It is fluid, and unless youre a superstar believer we struggle by the day to day, dont grasp bigger pictures.

There is merit to the lies of Church, and the evil of the Vatican. And even the story of Jesus has been borrowed and passed down from cultures long before Rome.

When you see stuff like that video, thats one of those that make you believe again.

Unfortunately we are only human and go thru periods of doubt abd uncertainty, affected by things so easily -- a good thing oh thank god, ill be better -- a bad thing yeah theres no such thing as god. It is fluid, and unless youre a superstar believer we struggle by the day to day, dont grasp bigger pictures.

There is merit to the lies of Church, and the evil of the Vatican. And even the story of Jesus has been borrowed and passed down from cultures long before Rome.

When you see stuff like that video, thats one of those that make you believe again.

Legit question do you smoke a whole heap of cones or take LSD before posting stuff like that months later?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back