Unsolved The vanishing of businesswoman Melissa Caddick - NSW

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
That the scheme was ongoing from 2009 says she didnt expect to be caught or expected it to fail a lot earlier

Once it didnt she would have kept going - ie there is a stage she believed she was getting away with it

But what does give me pause is the 5 passports in her name - seems odd but given the political nature of some countries to others the use of 1 passport for Israel and another for Saudi Arabia can be explained

The question is did she have 6? And was one NOT in her name

Far from thinking she is dead I take the line she has scarpered and the dumb hubby is sitting in a house with $1.52 to his name waiting for her to come and get him - thats how dumb he is!

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
That the scheme was ongoing from 2009 says she didnt expect to be caught or expected it to fail a lot earlier

Once it didnt she would have kept going - ie there is a stage she believed she was getting away with it

sounds like it was a ponzi scheme so the people who invested in 2009 probably made out of it quite well. Assuming they sold out.

Dec 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers

But what does give me pause is the 5 passports in her name - seems odd but given the political nature of some countries to others the use of 1 passport for Israel and another for Saudi Arabia can be explained

The question is did she have 6? And was one NOT in her name

Far from thinking she is dead I take the line she has scarpered and the dumb hubby is sitting in a house with $1.52 to his name waiting for her to come and get him - thats how dumb he is!
If you read the article of the 5 (Australian) passports, 4 were cancelled ones.
As in old passports in her name not different passports in different names.
One of the 5 was her current Australian passport.
I reckon she is either in hiding in Australia or deceased.

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
With the amount money she would have stashed away, probably in offshore banks, it would be very easy to leave the country and she wouldn't need passport to do it. Freight services are not in lockdown, nor is the military... you would be surprised at what people will do for you when offered a large sum of cash.

Leaving all personal belongings behind is the smart thing to do, leave no trail behind.

I think I found her selling beauty products on facebook. Hiding in plain sight!

Attachments

• vitc.jpg
    vitc.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 114
Dec 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
I was thinking would it be possible for the toy boy to have offed her and thinking he might in one shot get rid of the investigation into her embezzling and get the spoils. A big maybe.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
I was thinking would it be possible for the toy boy to have offed her and thinking he might in one shot get rid of the investigation into her embezzling and get the spoils. A big maybe.

He looks dumb as dog s**t, I don’t think he could effectively pull that off

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Think the 5am jog might be a red herring and she buzzed off earlier.

Think she had a plan to pay cash for her exit and safe house wherever she is.

Ponzi schemers don’t die they’re like cockroaches.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
The Husband behaviour is not normal to what other people in his circumstances are according to Police. seems to indicate she has done a Lord Luchan, she has more front than Myers, she must have known at some stage it would come crashing down and had an exit plan in place as the Finical investigator on the 60 minutes report suggested. But I think someone else is supporting her.

It will be interesting to see what the ASIC investigation into Ms Caddick's alleged fraud when it go’s back in court in later this month ASIC might have more egg on its face especially how for years:

-Using an Australian Financial Services licence that did not belong to her

-Working as a financial adviser without a licence.

I feel sorry for those people who have lost their Superannuation. I guess she had misused investors' funds, always pays to do some due diligence when it comes to investing your hard-earned dollars especially if the returns reported are way above the normal returns on investments.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I watched the 60 minutes episode on YouTube last night. Today it seems to be unavailable on YouTube.
Suprised to see the circumstances. Doesn't look as interesting as I imagined.
The video of the raid on her house she looks unattractive without her make up etc.
The boyfriend was only doing it for the money imo

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
You can watch it on the 9now app.

Seems like hubby and son know she racked off. Maybe they don’t know where exactly to protect them but they definitely said their goodbyes to each other and that she’s alive.

It’s incredible how long these fraudsters actually take to have a warrant for their arrest. If they found her today she could just go home!!!

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
What an interesting case. I admittedly didn’t see the 60 mins ep yet but I couldn’t see any statement from the police to suggest why they thought she was still alive?

I had been leaning towards suicide but the more I think about it, the less likely that seems. Expect they’ll track her down sometime soon though.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
I had been leaning towards suicide but the more I think about it, the less likely that seems. Expect they’ll track her down sometime soon though
When I first heard about the case that was my first thought as well. If my memory serves me well the Police Inspector interviewed in the 60 minutes report stated that there was no cctv footage of Melissa Caddick (from neighbouring properties) walking in either direction on the morning of her disapperance, which more than likely pointed to her being picked up by someone outside her house on that morning. Also, the former police officer and now Private Investigator pointed that no body had been found if she had decided to commit suicide at the nearby cliffs.

Last edited:
Back