Unsolved The vanishing of businesswoman Melissa Caddick - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
60 minutes was interesting...
From what i understood it sounds like the majority of the shareholder money is sitting in a stock portfolio under her company Maliver. I think its likely she didn't actually spend much of this money, rather she kept it invested and collected all the dividends that came along. With a $25M portfolio you would roughly rake $1M PA which would be more than enough to pay for such a lavish lifestyle.
The Portfolio cant be 25m, she did buy houses, travel o/s and buy 1m worth of handbags etc..
read that she might get 9m for the house (which was still has a mortgage on it), ill be interested to see how much in shares there actually is, the way the market has risen over the past 5 years anybody with half a brain should be able to make money.

Mudman85

All Australian
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well worth a read IMHO, a fraudsters most of her life, amazing she got away with it for so long!

I agree it’s a fascinating story. It’s seems most of her friends doubted her and questioned where the money was coming from. Then, probably out of pure greed invested large sums of money anyway. Classic case of FOMO

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Unbelievable.. she ain’t the first and won’t be the last to take advantage of people out of pure greed..I do feel for the people who trusted her but she was using fake comm bank account numbers, wouldnt you check for yourself occasionally? Not after the fact
Not one of the seventy two asked for a log in info from CommSec or followed up directly, she must have been so good to stop them from doing this!
In my case I have a Financial Advisor, but I also check monthly by logging in directly to my super fund and I do not have the amount of money these people had invested.

It is amazing she got away with it for so many years.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Not one of the seventy two asked for a log in info from CommSec or followed up directly, she must have been so good to stop them from doing this!
In my case I have a Financial Advisor, but I also check monthly by logging in directly to my super fund and I do not have the amount of money these people had invested.

It is amazing she got away with it for so many years.
Well you are intelligent and normal, if was in those persons position and talking about my life savings I wouldn’t blindly believe all the b.s she was spinning.. especially since she must have been over inflating returns and claiming “exclusively”.. but i suppose they knew and trusted her...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
He is complete and utter moron then? Thick as 2 planks..

Well he is a hairdresser after all. And he waits 30 hours prior to calling the police? They never argue and yet wait so long. Really?

How can you be so naive and even accusing his in laws (brother in law and mother and father in law) that she didn’t scam them.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting that he speaks quite well, but nothing sensible seems to come out. He is either a con artist or not that smart.

Probably the latter due to all those chemicals you use in hairdressing.

He says “she had no reason to steal”. Well, doh, it is called greed - it is like a drug. Need the next fix!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back