Unsolved The vanishing of businesswoman Melissa Caddick - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies1990

Senior List
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was wondering the same thing after seeing the ad after the Nicola Gobbo special last night.

I’d love to see an underbelly on the Pettingill family- a real bunch of psycho hard nuts. Kath was the mother of the Allen’s and Victor Pierce.

Forgot it was on 🙁. Last night?
Yep. Part two tonight.

I'd like to know how much of this is based on facts and how much is an over dramatisation. I know a bit about the case but I haven't gone over it with a fine tooth comb. There was a fair bit of a material they showed last night that was stuff I wasn't previously aware of, and based on the previews for the finale tonight, there's even more stuff that I believe is surely an exaggeration and have just included for the ratings.

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Underbelly? Underwhelming more like it. I've not heard Melissa Caddick speak but the portrayal makes her sound like one step removed from Pauline Hanson.

Difficult to know how much of this is fact or fantasy. Certain elements will be close to the truth but it felt like large chunks were supposition or guesswork. Her husband is portrayed as barely able to form a coherent thought without her to jog him along.

Underbelly? Underwhelming more like it. I've not heard Melissa Caddick speak but the portrayal makes her sound like one step removed from Pauline Hanson.

Difficult to know how much of this is fact or fantasy. Certain elements will be close to the truth but it felt like large chunks were supposition or guesswork. Her husband is portrayed as barely able to form a coherent thought without her to jog him along.
Yeah, from what I've heard reported about Anthony, he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He is definitely portrayed in this way, and we catch a glimpse of that in his first scene with the mention of a certain South American country.

Without giving too much away, the role of the character 'George'. Is there any truth to that? Or did they just include him to add spice to the narrative?

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
George didn't exist - not as a single character, anyway. Is a composite of a number of people and the scriptwriters have confirmed his presence in this show is to look at a theory that someone with crime links was standing over her in some ways.

I just came across this. Don't click on the link if you don't want spoilers.

There's info there to confirm TJM's post.

The role of Melissa was cast well I thought.

Not intending to check in, I had the TV on in the background and it sounded kind of quirky so I moved and took a seat. The planter stands in the house with the twin goldfish bowls stuck on top was hilarious, for all the high end designer gear in her WIR she had no taste and I died laughing at the disco scene.

That she's in her running gear most of the time, was a constant reminder that it ended badly, she killed herself in the end but Part 2 suggests that maybe she didn't jog off a cliff after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The role of Melissa was cast well I thought.

Not intending to check in, I had the TV on in the background and it sounded kind of quirky so I moved and took a seat. The planter stands in the house with the twin goldfish bowls stuck on top was hilarious, for all the high end designer gear in her WIR she had no taste and I died laughing at the disco scene.

That she's in her running gear most of the time, was a constant reminder that it ended badly, she killed herself in the end but Part 2 suggests that maybe she didn't jog off a cliff after all.
Yes, I should have worded it a bit better re Kate Atkinson (portraying MC) - her acting is fine, but the voice sounds like a character from Kath and Kim.

Yes, I should have worded it a bit better re Kate Atkinson (portraying MC) - her acting is fine, but the voice sounds like a character from Kath and Kim.

I haven't heard Melissa speak either, agree it's more Kath and Kim when we'd probably expect something more polished. They nailed her physically. She fit to the most prominent image I have of her in my mind which was standing in her running gear while the cops were raiding the house.

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven't heard Melissa speak either, agree it's more Kath and Kim when we'd probably expect something more polished. They nailed her physically. She fit to the most prominent image I have of her in my mind which was standing in her running gear while the cops were raiding the house.

See I'm struggling because all I see is Vera from Wentworth

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
The podcast is quite good, if anybody is interested there's a voicemail message in there that Melissa left for someone she was about to fleece for millions. I might be affected in knowing what she did but even taking that into consideration, the voicemail I think would have turned me off. She sounds like a con. 6:22.

She destroyed a lot of lives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back