Unsolved The vanishing of businesswoman Melissa Caddick - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

I am finding the podcast Liar Liar very interesting, how she got away with for so long is amazing maybe her clients failed by not doing due diligence with not checking her financial license and following up with CommSec?
Same here. I think that the trick was focusing on self-managed super, which people weren't able to touch until retirement.

Questions about CCTV and the initial appeal of a missing person report and public appeal. As ASIC agents and the Australian Federal Police had removed all the computers and hard drive the day before her disappearance from Melissa Caddick and Anthony Koletti’s home were the Caddick’s CCTV would of usually been recorded to, and as it was sometime before Anthony Koletti reported her missing (30 hours).

What was time frame on the press conference on the Police appeal for Information?

How long do CCTV keep records of recordings for?

As I guess the neighbours would not of known of her disappearance for at least some days after the 12 November 2020, just thinking was the delay a fact in the review of other residents review of CCTV footage.

I am finding the podcast Liar Liar very interesting, how she got away with for so long is amazing maybe her clients failed by not doing due diligence with not checking her financial license and following up with CommSec?
Greed does that to people, thinking they are making 20% prob a yearX showing projected figures, people tend not to ask questions, even the comsec account was missing a number or something..

The songs Koletti as dj paws off released are interesting , (if truth)
he expresses himself best through music obviously, quite good music.
check these out before the law has them pulled....

just a few from the album "Raid"

Last edited:

The songs Koletti as dj paws off released are interesting , (if truth)
he expresses himself best through music obviously, quite good music.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

yeah yeah haha ok. im trying to tell you to listen to these songs if you want know more about this case.
Feel free to miss out because you don't want hear aks music and you'd rather make fun of it (and my recommendation) AK mentions cctv and some other complaints in the song. by far the most that AK has said , so if you don't check it out you miss some stuff. this song here has his perspective on cctv etc. there are more songs I can link them here - later

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interesting how feet in shoes have started to wash up in recent years, due to the change in flotation of the modern shoe materials.

So the dead bodies sink with shoes intact, then once the feet detach from the body from sea creatures or just ligament damage that’s why the shoes float to the top with some of the foot included.

Makes sense to me and they provided examples of it happening elsewhere.

yeah yeah haha ok. im trying to tell you to listen to these songs if you want know more about this case.
Feel free to miss out because you don't want hear aks music and you'd rather make fun of it (and my recommendation) AK mentions cctv and some other complaints in the song. by far the most that AK has said , so if you don't check it out you miss some stuff. this song here has his perspective on cctv etc. there are more songs I can link them here - later

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Play it backwards for the truth about UFO sightings and The Walrus.

The podcast is great listening.

For mine:

75% - Suicide at Dover Heights. Against: 1) Narcissists don't usually kill themselves. They usually prefer to sit in their jail cell and believe the world believes their story they are innocent victims (see Prince Andrew but without the jail cell). 2) Body washing up so far away seems very unlikely, 3) Shoe in good condition after months in the ocean, 4) Coincidentally washing up next to a beach (100's of km's away) she spent loads of time at in high school. Less fussed about this point - there is unlikely coincidences in just about every facet of life and you can just get hung up on them if you let yourself.

15% - Getaway plan with help that went wrong. Once her helper(s) got enough money out of her, they killed her and dumped her in the ocean. Hard to be prepared for an immediate evacuation... but not impossible - burner phone, cash could be stored deep in the backyard. Cops would have been searching but it's possible they missed it. If she had some initial help that would make it much easier to get out of Sydney (and down towards Mollymook) without being sighted on CCTV. She could have had a path in Dover Heights she knew had no CCTV and waited for a pickup. Probably didn't tell Koletti about this and took a punt he wouldn't report her missing for ages because he's just a bit dumb and spineless (and she's well aware of this) and that would give her enough time to get out of Sydney.

10% - Suicide at (or around) Mollymook. She's probably got some familiarity with the area so may have had a house down there no one knows about as a hideaway. Would explain the shoe being in good condition. Against: 1) Narcissist - same point as first scenario, 2) Would've been bloody hard to get to Mollymook on her own without being seen or captured on CCTV, even if she had an "evacuation car" stashed in Dover Heights. 3) Based on the shoe, she'd have to survive on her own for probably two months without being sighted despite being one of Australia's most infamous people at the time. 4) Why would she drive to Mollymook and a couple months later when its clear the cops didn't know where she was, she decides to end it? At this point it would feel like she is a chance to get away with it so would probably keep going.

0.0000001% - Foot amputation to continue living the high life. I rule out very little things in life but this would be even too far fetched for a Bond film. Also on the point of narcissists I think few would want to lose any part of their body voluntarily - they'd rather take their chances of having the cops try to hunt them down.

0.00000000001% - Murdered on Kolletti's orders (potentially as part of the second scenario above). If Kolleti had this possible scenario planned behind the scenes all this time and executed it when required all whilst playing the clueless partner to the cops and wider world then he has indeed pulled off one of the great con jobs of all time. Only problem is he isn't likely to see a whole lot of the stolen money himself.

Most likely she ran out that morning and straight for the cliffs at Dover Heights and threw herself straight off. Even for the most narcissistic of people what she did to her family and friends is a level of shame few could face up to - either apologetically or with her usual bluster. Things like the body washing up so far away and the condition of the shoe can probably just come down to the vagaries and unpredictability of life.

Murder or suicide on the South Coast fairly outside chances of similar possibility - murder more likely because it would have been much easier to get out of Sydney by having someone come to pick you up and drive whilst you are in the backseat as opposed to driving out herself with a car the would have needed to have been kept in Dover Heights that no one knew about (and you'd still need to periodically check it's in working order for your evacuation, keep reog up to date etc).

Last edited:
“Most likely she ran out that morning and straight for the cliffs at Dover Heights and threw herself straight off. Even for the most narcissistic of people what she did to her family and friends is a level of shame few could face up to - either apologetically or with her usual bluster. Things like the body washing up so far away and the condition of the shoe can probably just come down to the vagaries and unpredictability of life.”

This is the one. About to be exposed with all the attendant publicity, prolonged legal wrangling, scorn from the public, being disowned by friends and family. Maybe it was to spare her son of all that, a final redeeming act.

Plus, Occam’s Razor.

I think there is an understandable desire for there to be more to story because Caddick just running out and throwing herself off the nearest cliff is pretty anticlimatic given everything that preceded it.

Obviously life doesn't work like a movie.

The podcast is great listening.

For mine:

75% - Suicide at Dover Heights. Against: 1) Narcissists don't usually kill themselves. They usually prefer to sit in their jail cell and believe the world believes their story they are innocent victims (see Prince Andrew but without the jail cell). 2) Body washing up so far away seems very unlikely, 3) Shoe in good condition after months in the ocean, 4) Coincidentally washing up next to a beach (100's of km's away) she spent loads of time at in high school. Less fussed about this point - there is unlikely coincidences in just about every facet of life and you can just get hung up on them if you let yourself.

15% - Getaway plan with help that went wrong. Once her helper(s) got enough money out of her, they killed her and dumped her in the ocean. Hard to be prepared for an immediate evacuation... but not impossible - burner phone, cash could be stored deep in the backyard. Cops would have been searching but it's possible they missed it. If she had some initial help that would make it much easier to get out of Sydney (and down towards Mollymook) without being sighted on CCTV. She could have had a path in Dover Heights she knew had no CCTV and waited for a pickup. Probably didn't tell Koletti about this and took a punt he wouldn't report her missing for ages because he's just a bit dumb and spineless (and she's well aware of this) and that would give her enough time to get out of Sydney.

10% - Suicide at (or around) Mollymook. She's probably got some familiarity with the area so may have had a house down there no one knows about as a hideaway. Would explain the shoe being in good condition. Against: 1) Narcissist - same point as first scenario, 2) Would've been bloody hard to get to Mollymook on her own without being seen or captured on CCTV, even if she had an "evacuation car" stashed in Dover Heights. 3) Based on the shoe, she'd have to survive on her own for probably two months without being sighted despite being one of Australia's most infamous people at the time. 4) Why would she drive to Mollymook and a couple months later when its clear the cops didn't know where she was, she decides to end it? At this point it would feel like she is a chance to get away with it so would probably keep going.

0.0000001% - Foot amputation to continue living the high life. I rule out very little things in life but this would be even too far fetched for a Bond film. Also on the point of narcissists I think few would want to lose any part of their body voluntarily - they'd rather take their chances of having the cops try to hunt them down.

0.00000000001% - Murdered on Kolletti's orders (potentially as part of the second scenario above). If Kolleti had this possible scenario planned behind the scenes all this time and executed it when required all whilst playing the clueless partner to the cops and wider world then he has indeed pulled off one of the great con jobs of all time. Only problem is he isn't likely to see a whole lot of the stolen money himself.

Most likely she ran out that morning and straight for the cliffs at Dover Heights and threw herself straight off. Even for the most narcissistic of people what she did to her family and friends is a level of shame few could face up to - either apologetically or with her usual bluster. Things like the body washing up so far away and the condition of the shoe can probably just come down to the vagaries and unpredictability of life.

Murder or suicide on the South Coast fairly outside chances of similar possibility - murder more likely because it would have been much easier to get out of Sydney by having someone come to pick you up and drive whilst you are in the backseat as opposed to driving out herself with a car the would have needed to have been kept in Dover Heights that no one knew about (and you'd still need to periodically check it's in working order for your evacuation, keep reog up to date etc).
I don't know that much about this case... What was MC's end game? What was she hoping to accomplish by ripping people off? She would have known that it would have all come out at some point and her family would know she scammed them, surely? Was she just going about business hoping that she would get found out later rather than sooner?

I think there is an understandable desire for there to be more to story because Caddick just running out and throwing herself off the nearest cliff is pretty anticlimatic given everything that preceded it.

Obviously life doesn't work like a movie.
No one has raised the idea of an accident. Could she have been somewhere perhaps trying to work out what to do and she fell off? Maybe she was having a crying fit? Not sure how easy it would be to fall off a cliff around there? There was a guy here in WA a few years back.. I can't remember his name but he worked for Oracle I think. Anyway, he was at a work function at night time and he went outside to take a call or something and he literally fell off a cliff. They didn't find him for days because of where his body landed, it was obscured or something. He just popped out of the function for a minute and never came back. It was night time and he was unfamiliar with his surroundings and I also suspect he was drinking which were contributing factors. My point is that accidents happen. It could be that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has raised the idea of an accident. Could she have been somewhere perhaps trying to work out what to do and she fell off? Maybe she was having a crying fit? Not sure how easy it would be to fall off a cliff around there? There was a guy here in WA a few years back.. I can't remember his name but he worked for Oracle I think. Anyway, he was at a work function at night time and he went outside to take a call or something and he literally fell off a cliff. They didn't find him for days because of where his body landed, it was obscured or something. He just popped out of the function for a minute and never came back. It was night time and he was unfamiliar with his surroundings and I also suspect he was drinking which were contributing factors. My point is that accidents happen. It could be that simple.
Ok.. found this article on it. I was incorrect with a few points. He still did accidentally fall off a cliff though.

Last edited:
House and assets to be auctioned within weeks.

'A potential battle is looming between the parents of missing con artist Melissa Caddick and a group of investors, who had millions of dollars stolen by their daughter.
The group of 23 investors has written to the Federal Court expressing concerns at what they claim is an attempt by Caddick’s elderly parents to receive preferential treatment in relation to the Edgecliff apartment where they reside.'

Edit: no paywall:
Potential legal battle brews between Melissa Caddick's parents and fleeced investors

Last edited:
'A potential battle is looming between the parents of missing con artist Melissa Caddick and a group of investors, who had millions of dollars stolen by their daughter.
The group of 23 investors has written to the Federal Court expressing concerns at what they claim is an attempt by Caddick’s elderly parents to receive preferential treatment in relation to the Edgecliff apartment where they reside.'

Edit: no paywall:
Potential legal battle brews between Melissa Caddick's parents and fleeced investors
No way did she cut her foot off to fake her own death. That's too extreme. She would've simply tried her luck at getting away, without hopefully ever being caught.

Was she a lone wolf scam artist, or did she have cohorts? Someone may have helped her get away because no CCTV footage exists of her walking in any direction from her house on that 5am jog.

A fit jogger can run a long distance. She would've jogged past numerous houses with CCTV on that run unless she ran in parks, rather than through the streets.

No way did she cut her foot off to fake her own death. That's too extreme. She would've simply tried her luck at getting away, without hopefully ever being caught.

Was she a lone wolf scam artist, or did she have cohorts? Someone may have helped her get away because no CCTV footage exists of her walking in any direction from her house on that 5am jog.

A fit jogger can run a long distance. She would've jogged past numerous houses with CCTV on that run unless she ran in parks, rather than through the streets.
And yet her foot was found washed up on a beach. There’ve been numerous scientific explanations as to how this came about.

From day one they've looked at any CCTV they could find, no cigar.

If it has been definitively proven that the washed-up foot/shoe/bones belong to Melissa Caddick, then there's a 99 percent chance she's deceased.

You can't cut off a foot and bounce back quickly and easily. (Blood loss alone could result in death.)

Even if she did so and is still alive, what would be the chances of her succedding by fooling people when the foot washed up on the shore and was found? (What guarantee would she have that the foot would even be discovered to throw everyone off? The foot could've sunk, been eaten-whole by a larger type of fish, or drifted out to sea endlessly.)

I'd say she's dead, and the only question now is whether it was murder or suicide. I doubt very much that this was a 'pseudocide' to fake her own demise.

Kolletti says she was murdered and so does the barrister representing Caddick's interests.

Repairing a lost/severed foot while on the run and laying low would require huge amounts of special resources and medical help.

99.9 % she necked herself, spoke about it to her brother and a friend it was revealed today.
.01% faked her disappearance, she may have stolen a s**t of money but to disappear you need cash and connections, people (mainly in Facebook) act like it’s easy to chop your own foot off and live a normal life, had an argument with a nuffie on Facebook saying she could have done it with an axe or paid a surgeon..
just major surgery, easy done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back