The VEGAN cuckoo-land that is infesting politics and which farmers are fighting daily.

Remove this Banner Ad

It clearly threatens you, as you're always one of the first to jump in and support the vegans.
I am? The only posts I’ve made on the subject are regarding sports nutrition. It seems more people are trying this and I think the science hasn’t really caught up, and it’s tangentially related to some work I do.

Either way be prepared for more high profile sporting vegans in the coming years.

A vegan who eats white meat and fish.... cool.

Maybe it will start a new trend. Maybe call it a "plant based diet" wonder if it will catch on?

"In simple terms, it looks to keep both gluten and dairy products out of his diet, and cutting out sugar wherever possible. He eats mainly vegetables, beans, white meat, fish, fruit, nuts, seeds, chickpeas, lentils and healthy oils, and also cuts out inappropriate sources of protein and carbohydrates."

Day three is my kind of dinner, a whole lemmon roasted vegan chicken.

Nice of you to quote a 6 year old article. True detective work there.

Here is a 13 hour old article where he says he has been COMPLETELY VEGAN for the last 4.5 years.

"It is a lifestyle, not just a diet, because you have the ethical reasons as well, being conscious of what is happening in the animal world, the slaughtering of animals and farming and everything, that there is also a huge impact on climate change that people maybe don't talk about as much.

It's more than a performance reason for me, it's a lifestyle, it's an approach, it's something that I'm really proud of and hopefully that community grows even more
. ” “Hopefully I can inspire other athletes that it is possible to be plant-based and to recover well, to have strength, to have muscles.

I'm not a weightlifter, of course, but I do have an optimal balance between the strength and power and speed... Nothing seems to be missing. I'll keep enjoying that
. ” - Djokovic

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tenn...of-animals-djokovic-reveals-why-he-s-a-vegan/

Do you have to try really hard to be this disingenuous, or does it come naturally?

Nice of you to quote a 6 year old article. True detective work there.

Here is a 13 hour old article where he says he has been COMPLETELY VEGAN for the last 4.5 years.

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tenn...of-animals-djokovic-reveals-why-he-s-a-vegan/

Do you have to try really hard to be this disingenuous, or does it come naturally?

I'm very pleased to be plant-based and play at this level for the last four and a half years."

Stiffie, can you quote the bit where he said he's 100% vegan?

Lol, are you serious?

Your credibility is out the window if you think that one line from a reporter is fact he's vegan

Says the guy quoting 6 year old articles, when Novak claims to have been vegan 4.5 years

from another article:
Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic says his vegan diet is the secret to his success.

Djokovic—who is currently ranked the world’s No.2 best in men’s singles tennis—comes from a family of food-lovers; his parents used to own a pizza restaurant in Kopaonik, Serbia. He still loves food and has even opened his own vegan restaurant, Eqvita, where he lives in Monte Carlo.

But for Djokovic, food isn’t just gustatory pleasure. It’s the key to his success. “Because of my family, I’ve always had a love for food,” he explained. “But as an athlete, it became something more.”

“[Food is] the fuel that determines how I play, how I recover, and how alert I am on the court,”
he added. “I attribute a great deal of my professional success to my diet.”

Where does that say he's vegan?
You're seriously clutching at straws

Ironically I was just thinking of how you were clutching at straws before you posted this.

Here is an interview he just did for Essentially Sport.

Since you don't seem to be reading links I will bold the relevant bits for you.

Novak Djokovic and his vegan lifestyle have increasingly been the centre of conversation in the centre world. Djokovic seems to be thrashing the myth that meat consumption is essential for a physical activity like sports.

Being associated with a plant-based diet for four and a half years now, Novak Djokovic is the fittest athlete that you’ll find on the tennis court.

Recently, the Serbian star opened up on his plant-based diet and how it affects him.

What Did Novak Djokovic Say About Being Plant-Based?

Novak revealed that he was actually very pleased that he had a vegan lifestyle and was still continuing to play at the highest level:

“I’m very pleased that I am plant-based and play on this level for four and a half years. There’s also been a lot of criticism, you know people around me didn’t think I could do that. I’ve been through different phases of adapting to this kind of lifestyle.”

Novak went on to confess that this was not just a dietary choice that he was making. It is deeply linked to the ethical parameters of his life and his value system.

“It’s a lifestyle. More than just a diet because you have ethical reasons as well. Being conscious of what is happening in the animal world and you know the slaughtering of animals and farming and everything. There is obviously a huge impact as well on climate change that people maybe don’t talk about as much. It’s more than a performance for me, it’s a lifestyle. Something that I’m really proud of and hopefully that community grows.”

Novak’s biggest hope is that he can inspire other athletes to adopt a similar lifestyle.

“Hopefully, I can inspire other athletes that it is possible to be plant-based and to recover well, to have strength, to have muscles. I’m not a weightlifter, of course, but I do have an optimal balance between the strength and power and speed. And, you know, nothing seems to be missing, at least from my experience. So I will keep on enjoying that.”

Novak Djokovic has been meat free for four years now and it has worked out just fine for the Serb. For the sake of the climate, it’ll be good if sports as an industry gets rid of animal exploitation in things as small as the use of leather. In the longer run, veganism is also a feasible option.

What more do you require? Perhaps after this you can tell me about the moon landing, chemtrails and gay frogs?

Ironically I was just thinking of how you were clutching at straws before you posted this.

Here is an interview he just did for Essentially Sport.

Since you don't seem to be reading links I will bold the relevant bits for you.

What more do you require? Perhaps after this you can tell me about the moon landing, chemtrails and gay frogs?
You serious?

I've been "plant based" for 7-8 years, just like Djokovic

“I’m very pleased that I am plant-based and play on this level for four and a half years. There’s also been a lot of criticism, you know people around me didn’t think I could do that. I’ve been through different phases of adapting to this kind of lifestyle.”

Tell me, where has he declared he's "vegan" ???

You serious?

I've been "plant based" for 7-8 years, just like Djokovic

Tell me, where has he declared he's "vegan" ???

You seem to be clutching at the fact that Novak doesn't personally like the term "Vegan", even though he eats and lives according to the principles.

The different phases of adapting refer to him first cutting out red meat and dairy, but maintaining some fish and chicken. He has now been vegan (or completely plant based) for 4.5 years.

Why are you so hung up on this? Is it challenging your worldview?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to be clutching at the fact that Novak doesn't personally like the term "Vegan", even though he eats and lives according to the principles.

The different phases of adapting refer to him first cutting out red meat and dairy, but maintaining some fish and chicken. He has now been vegan (or completely plant based) for 4.5 years.

Lol, me hung up. You're the desperate vegan trying to justify the diet

I've read everything you've posted in the past couple pages, and there is no way in the world that you can reliably conclude from any of those articles that he is vegan. He refers to himself only as "plant based" - NOT ONCE is he quoted as saying he is vegan. The articles keep insinuating that he is vegan, because like you and many other vegans, the authors are dishonest and have decided to hijack the term "plant based" and use it to fit their own narrative. The evidence we have thus far (from Djokovic's own published work) is that his diet is plant based (mostly plants) but includes fish and chicken. Until Djokovic refutes that directly and explicitly states that he doesn't eat meat anymore (which he has never done to date; he's only claimed that he is plant based), then you and other vegans will just have to keep clutching at straws and pretending that he is vegan. By the way, the reason he says that he "doesn't like labels" and won't call himself a vegan, is mostly likely because he isn't one, and doesn't want to look like a hyprocrite when someone points out that he eats chicken or fish. It would be dishonest of him to call himself a vegan. It's a more mature approach than Serena Williams, who calls herself a "Chegan" to excuse the fact that she sometimes eats chicken, thus "cheating" her otherwise vegan lifestyle. I guess it's the best of both worlds - she can virtue signal as a vegan and still eat chicken everyday.

I've read everything you've posted in the past couple pages, and there is no way in the world that you can reliably conclude from any of those articles that he is vegan. He refers to himself only as "plant based" - NOT ONCE is he quoted as saying he is vegan. The articles keep insinuating that he is vegan, because like you and many other vegans, the authors are dishonest and have decided to hijack the term "plant based" and use it to fit their own narrative. The evidence we have thus far (from Djokovic's own published work) is that his diet is plant based (mostly plants) but includes fish and chicken. Until Djokovic refutes that directly and explicitly states that he doesn't eat meat anymore (which he has never done to date; he's only claimed that he is plant based), then you and other vegans will just have to keep clutching at straws and pretending that he is vegan. By the way, the reason he says that he "doesn't like labels" and won't call himself a vegan, is mostly likely because he isn't one, and doesn't want to look like a hyprocrite when someone points out that he eats chicken or fish. It would be dishonest of him to call himself a vegan. It's a more mature approach than Serena Williams, who calls herself a "Chegan" to excuse the fact that she sometimes eats chicken, thus "cheating" her otherwise vegan lifestyle. I guess it's the best of both worlds - she can virtue signal as a vegan and still eat chicken everyday.

Maan you trippin'

While many people use the words interchangeably, plant based refers to a diet, whereas veganism refers to a lifestyle.

Where do you get off on petty technicalities. He is directly quoted in one of the articles as saying he doesn't like the word vegan, but he has been eating plant based. He is also a director on The Game Changers and owns a 100% vegan restaurant, but you continue gate-keeping like a champ.

Maan you trippin'

While many people use the words interchangeably, plant based refers to a diet, whereas veganism refers to a lifestyle.

Where do you get off on petty technicalities. He is directly quoted in one of the articles as saying he doesn't like the word vegan, but he has been eating plant based. He is also a director on The Game Changers and owns a 100% vegan restaurant, but you continue gate-keeping like a champ.

No-one is gatekeeping anything. I'm pointing out reality, which you obviously don't like, as the reality of the situation is not what you want it to be.

Novac Djokovic has NOT claimed he is vegan. He has NOT claimed he doesn't eat meat. The only people who have claimed that, are the dishonest authors of those articles who are pushing an agenda. Why do you hate reality so much?

When he published his book Serve To Win in 2013, he catalogued his meals which included fish and chicken, and he was claiming to be plant based at the time.

He is still claiming to be plant based. Nothing has changed, aside from the authors of such articles being more dishonest in an effort to aggressively promote veganism.

Nothing has changed

“I’m very pleased that I am plant-based and play on this level for four and a half years.”

He’s explicitly saying it’s changed since 2013. From his most recent statements it seems obvious he’s what we’d call vegan. It’s like saying someone has a same sex partner but until they say “I am homosexual” they’re not really gay.

Why are people so threatened by this? Weird.

“I’m very pleased that I am plant-based and play on this level for four and a half years.”

He’s explicitly saying it’s changed since 2013. From his most recent statements it seems obvious he’s what we’d call vegan. It’s like saying someone has a same sex partner but until they say “I am homosexual” they’re not really gay.

You'd hitch your wagon to a bisexual.

No, he's not explicitly saying his diet has changed. Explicit would be something like, "I went vegan 4 and half years ago and took my game to a new level." That's what you vegans want him to say, but he's said nothing of the sort. He claimed to be plant based when he published his book in 2013, and he's still claiming to be plant based. He's only ever claimed to be plant based, and you're just reading into it what you want.

What are the "recent statements" he's made that make it clear he's vegan? He said he doesn't like labels because he obviously doesn't want to call himself a vegan, probably because he knows that it would be dishonest.

Nobody is threatened by Djokovic being plant based. I'm only threatened by the stupidity of people like you, because it means that writers have great latitude in how they can manipulate people who cant be bothered to fact-check anything. A couple of writers with low credibility claiming that someone WHO HAS NEVER CLAIMED TO BE VEGAN, is vegan. Because Djokovic himself uses a nebulous term like "plant based" to describe his own diet, they have exploited this and dishonestly claimed that he is vegan to peddle an agenda. Vegans did the same thing with Nate Diaz, who is also plant based and explicitly stated in an interview that he eats fish and eggs.

No, he's not explicitly saying his diet has changed. Explicit would be something like, "I went vegan 4 and half years ago and took my game to a new level." That's what you vegans want him to say, but he's said nothing of the sort. He claimed to be plant based when he published his book in 2013, and he's still claiming to be plant based. He's only ever claimed to be plant based, and you're just reading into it what you want.

What are the "recent statements" he's made that make it clear he's vegan? He said he doesn't like labels because he obviously doesn't want to call himself a vegan, probably because he knows that it would be dishonest.

Nobody is threatened by Djokovic being plant based. I'm only threatened by the stupidity of people like you, because it means that writers have great latitude in how they can manipulate people who cant be bothered to fact-check anything. A couple of writers with low credibility claiming that someone WHO HAS NEVER CLAIMED TO BE VEGAN, is vegan. Because Djokovic himself uses a nebulous term like "plant based" to describe his own diet, they have exploited this and dishonestly claimed that he is vegan to peddle an agenda. Vegans did the same thing with Nate Diaz, who is also plant based and explicitly stated in an interview that he eats fish and eggs.

I’m not even vegetarian. But I’m rational enough to realise that when he’s saying his diet over the last four years is different, that would make it different to when he wrote that book over 6 years ago. That book that seems to be your main argument.

But keep it coming. Fascinated by how triggered you are by this.

I’m not even vegetarian. But I’m rational enough to realise that when he’s saying his diet over the last four years is different, that would make it different to when he wrote that book over 6 years ago. That book that seems to be your main argument.

But keep it coming. Fascinated by how triggered you are by this.

My main argument is that you're claiming that someone is vegan, who doesn't claim to be vegan and doesn't even call themselves vegan. LOL. Fascinated by how stupid you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back