u-hookin-me

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
New album out very soon, called Forth, think its out on Aug 25th. Not 100% on that though.

However if you know where to look quite a few of the songs are floating about on the net.

Love is Noise, first single is great. Really grew on me, is massive live as well, has taken over closing gigs from BS which goes to show how good live it is.

Sit and Wonder, after hearing some live versions of it im slighty let down by the album version. Still a great tune though. Ashcroft just seems to be holding back a bit, listen to some of the live versions where everyone is just going for it and its ****ing awesome.

Noise Epic, also growing on me. Is pretty much what the name of the song suggests.

Judas, pretty chilled out stuff, really cruisy. Quite nice melody.

Valium Skies and I see Houses are the other two which have leaked also pretty solid but havent listend much.

Liking what I hear so far. It isnt there best album but has some great tunes and has def made the comeback worthwhile. Lots of the songs seem to work better live.

Get out to Aus! Big day out maybe?

Love is noise is the best song of 2008 so far. Just awesome.

I'm going to wait for the 25th for the new album as the leaked songs have a low quality.

New album out very soon, called Forth, think its out on Aug 25th. Not 100% on that though.

However if you know where to look quite a few of the songs are floating about on the net.

Love is Noise, first single is great. Really grew on me, is massive live as well, has taken over closing gigs from BS which goes to show how good live it is.

Sit and Wonder, after hearing some live versions of it im slighty let down by the album version. Still a great tune though. Ashcroft just seems to be holding back a bit, listen to some of the live versions where everyone is just going for it and its ****ing awesome.

Noise Epic, also growing on me. Is pretty much what the name of the song suggests.

Judas, pretty chilled out stuff, really cruisy. Quite nice melody.

Valium Skies and I see Houses are the other two which have leaked also pretty solid but havent listend much.

Liking what I hear so far. It isnt there best album but has some great tunes and has def made the comeback worthwhile. Lots of the songs seem to work better live.

Get out to Aus! Big day out maybe?

Not a fan of this band at all, but they definitely are a huge whisper for the Big Day Out, along with Neil Young.

a solid album.

favorite songs would be love is noise, i see houses, judas and valium skies which for me is the best song of 2008 so far.

The new album is ok after the first few listens.

Best so far; Love is noise, Rather Be, Judas, I see houses.

Noise epic is terrible

Love is Noise, Sit and Wonder, Rather Be - All new Verve Classics imo. However apparantly they aint looking to do anymore touring.... any chance of seeing them here looks very very remote.

Just finished the first listen.

A few very good tunes, main problem seemed to be a bit of a lack of variety. It might just be the first listen, but the tempo was pretty similar on most of the songs. I guess I'll be able to distinguish them a bit better after a few more listens.

I See Houses is fantastic, Love Is Noise, Judas, and Rather Be are all very good too. I quite like Noise Epic for the most part. The end of it goes a bit far though.

I have just listened to the whole album and have to agree that it is about a 5/10 or a 6/10.

I See Houses is epic. It is probably my favourite Verve song. It is very similar to "Check the Meaning" and you can tell it is written by Ashcroft. It is a shame he didn't save it for his next solo album. An awesome tune.

Rather Be is also a great song. Again, it is pure Ashcroft. It reminds me of "Cmon People" in terms of the beat. A really good song and should be the second single

Judas is growing on me and I do like Love is Noise. The rest are OK - still a little bit slow/quiet for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Ashcroft has a song (rare vibrations) on his new solo album that reminds me of Forth.

Released 10 years ago it seems to get better everytime I listen to it.

A great shame they will probably only record the 4 albums together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back