Sidebottom: 32yo next season
Cox: 32yo next season
Elliott: 30yo next season
Adams: 30yo next season
Mitchell: 30yo next season
Crisp: 30yo next season
Mihocek: 30yo next season
WHE: 30yo next season

As many as 10 of their best 22 will be 30-35yo by approximately GF day next year.
As a Geelong supporter that's still a few years off their peak

Sewer de Lance

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
1. Carlton
2. Brisbane
3. Richmond
4. Geelong
5. Port
6. Melbourne
7. Sydney
8. Pies

9. WBD
10. GCS
11. Freo
12. Who Cares
13. Irrelevant
14. Making up the numbers
15. Another rebuild
16. Sack the Coach
17. Sack the Coach & Board
18. Sack the Coach, Board & Priority pick please

Last edited:

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
agree there 00stinger on carlton i think if they miss finals the place will be deserted and could be a nail in the coffin for carlton for a long while yet and they just going around in circles not going any where.

Agree they will burn Ikon park down to the ground.

And as with richmond they always like its all about them all the time god they get covered heap in positive wraps by the media its all richmond this and richmond that.

They still think its 2020.

They are starting to sook 2 years now with a flag poor didims.

I love overconfident Tiger supporters makes it even more enjoyable when you kick them out of finals

aussierulesrules

Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda

• Wild cards for climbing into the top 8:
  • St Kilda (could Ross the Boss straighten up the Saints in one off-season?)
It’s not like it would take that much. Just two years ago we finished 5th, and off literally the hardest draw in the comp in both of the two years since, we’ve missed the 8 by just 1 win (in seasons where we sold home games against the Adelaide teams to Cairns, both of which we lost by under a goal- which we won’t be doing again next year) and just half a season ago we were 8-3, and above Geelong on the ladder.

Just a normal difficulty draw- rather than the hardest in the comp- and not selling a home game to Cairns could be worth the required extra 2 wins, without us even needing to improve one bit.

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
It’s not like it would take that much. Just two years ago we finished 5th, and off literally the hardest draw in the comp in both of the two years since, we’ve missed the 8 by just 1 win (in seasons where we sold home games against the Adelaide teams to Cairns, both of which we lost by under a goal- which we won’t be doing again next year) and just half a season ago we were 8-3, and above Geelong on the ladder.

Just a normal difficulty draw- rather than the hardest in the comp- and not selling a home game to Cairns could be worth the required extra 2 wins, without us even needing to improve one bit.

In 2020 the saints finished 5th. Saints narrowly made finals. some saints fans thought they should of been top 4, I disagreed after seeing the tigers vs saints semi final.

In 2021, you could debate about the saints having a Hard draw. Yet you forgot the saints had a couple of games they lost Horribly they should of won. One of those was the crows loss by 6 points after having a 5-6 goal lead.

You also Brought up the saints 2022 season. Again, you can debate about the saints so called hard draw.

You claim the saints were 8-3 in the 1st 11 games. However, Saints won some narrow games in that 1st half of that season. One of them was the Dockers by 10 points in Perth (Ironic as that gave the dockers a kick up the bum that was needed. Freo won their next 6 games). Beat GWS By 17 points, Cats by 10 points and Crows by 21.

All 4 of those cames they could of and should of lost.

You think a normal draw would improve the saints from 9th to 12th to a finals side.

There will be other key factors that will heavily depend on the saints making finals in 2023.....

- Form

- Some close games

- Availabity of certain players..... Well injuries.

- Most importantly Ross Lyons coaching and tactics on game day.

Sttew

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 28, 2006
Who's asking?
AFL Club
Geelong
Grundy: Gone
Pendlebury: 35yo in 2 months
Howe: 33yo next season
Sidebottom: 32yo next season
Cox: 32yo next season
Elliott: 30yo next season
Adams: 30yo next season
Mitchell: 30yo next season
Crisp: 30yo next season
Mihocek: 30yo next season
WHE: 30yo next season

As many as 10 of their best 22 will be 30-35yo by approximately GF day next year.
I’d have thought any talk of players turning 30 or being in their 30’s was debunked in 2022. High performance science has seen to that

cakewalk06

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d have thought any talk of players turning 30 or being in their 30’s was debunked in 2022. High performance science has seen to that

I agree strongly with this, though I am not saying I am confident about Collingwood's chances in 2023 of even matching this season's showing.

I think it was pretty clear in the last few matches Geelong played that their strategy of topping up with quality older players FINALLY paid off. Especially in the GF against the Swans it looked largely to be fully-grown, hardened and mature men up against boys in some ways. Of course the Swans have their share of powerful players but over the course of the game and across the whole field they were pretty much bullied into submission.

Piggy Smalls

Unofficial SFA Fantasy Pig
Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree strongly with this, though I am not saying I am confident about Collingwood's chances in 2023 of even matching this season's showing.

I think it was pretty clear in the last few matches Geelong played that their strategy of topping up with quality older players FINALLY paid off. Especially in the GF against the Swans it looked largely to be fully-grown, hardened and mature men up against boys in some ways. Of course the Swans have their share of powerful players but over the course of the game and across the whole field they were pretty much bullied into submission.
I got the same vibes from the Collingwood v Freo semi final. Collingwood just looked a lot more more mature and hardened and virtually bullied us into submission early on.

tswizzle

Debutant
Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In 2020 the saints finished 5th. Saints narrowly made finals. some saints fans thought they should of been top 4, I disagreed after seeing the tigers vs saints semi final.

In 2021, you could debate about the saints having a Hard draw. Yet you forgot the saints had a couple of games they lost Horribly they should of won. One of those was the crows loss by 6 points after having a 5-6 goal lead.

You also Brought up the saints 2022 season. Again, you can debate about the saints so called hard draw.

You claim the saints were 8-3 in the 1st 11 games. However, Saints won some narrow games in that 1st half of that season. One of them was the Dockers by 10 points in Perth (Ironic as that gave the dockers a kick up the bum that was needed. Freo won their next 6 games). Beat GWS By 17 points, Cats by 10 points and Crows by 21.

All 4 of those cames they could of and should of lost.

You think a normal draw would improve the saints from 9th to 12th to a finals side.

There will be other key factors that will heavily depend on the saints making finals in 2023.....

- Form

- Some close games

- Availabity of certain players..... Well injuries.

- Most importantly Ross Lyons coaching and tactics on game day.
Agree with this assessment.
Saints over-performed in 2020 and things just clicked. They've since regressed to the norm to an extent, however they were not far off the money in 2022.
Ross the Boss could straighten them up for the Saints to climb up to say 6th... or they could struggle to adapt to a new game plan in year 1.
Very interested to see how RtB mark 2 goes

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Geelong
Melbourne
Collingwood
Sydney
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
St Kilda
Richmond
Gold Coast
Carlton
Bulldogs
Essendon
GWS
West Coast
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Crows arent going backwards champ. we will finish between 10-13th

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Brisbane
Swans
Melbourne
Geelong
Dockers
Carlton
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
GWS
Gold Coast
Essendon
St Kilda
Hawthorn
West Coast
North Melbourne

*This is literally a guess so don't kill me if your team is not high enough.
Id take that now as a crows fan. finishing 11th would mean we have improved again, tracking nicely with probably 10 wins and a bonus is Port wouldnt have made the 8 lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Melbourne
Geelong
Sydney
Brisbane
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Essendon

Richmond
West Coast
Gold Coast
Bulldogs
Carlton
St Kilda
GWS
Adelaide
Hawthorn
North Melbourne

Carlton had the 2nd easiest fixture in 2022, how anyone thinks they will do better in 2023 with likely a much harder fixture, is crazy to me.
Collingwood very likely lose a few of those close games in 2023, their mature players will keep them in the 8, baring injuries.
Essendon in 2022 with a very young list, loads of injuries, 2nd hardest fixture, will in 2023 likely replicate their 2021 season finish.
Surely West Coast with way less injuries rises up the ladder in 2023?
Matty Nicks will be sacked if the Crows finish 16th..

Sinjin Smith

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
1. Melbourne
2. Richmond
3. Geelong
4. Brisbane
5. Carlton
6. Fremantle
7. Sydney
8. Collingwood

9. Gold Coast
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Power
12 Essendon
13. Adelaide
14. West Coast
15. North Melbourne
16. St Kilda
17. GWS
18. Hawthorn

Monco Matt

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, 49ers
1 Geelong
2 Brisbane
3 Richmond
4 Collingwood
5 Melbourne
6 Carlton
7 Sydney
8 Port Adelaide

9 Fremantle
10 Gold Coast
11 Western Bulldogs
12 West Coast
13 St Kilda
14 Adelaide
15 Essendon
16 North Melbourne
17 Hawthorn
18 Greater Western Sydney

Elmer_Judd

🎷🦍 🍀🏆
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
1 Carlton
2 Melbourne
3 Geelong
4 Fremantle
5 Brisbane
6 Adelaide
7 Collingwood
8 Sydney
9 Port Adelaide
10 St Kilda
11 Richmond
12 Western Bulldogs
13 Gold Coast
14 North Melbourne
15 Hawthorn
16 West Coast
17 GWS
18 Essendon

jim boy

Umpires Association Head
Jun 4, 2002
Location! Location!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
pivotonians
Most teams that finish towards the bottom have a healthy dose of bad luck. Are you saying it is impossible that Adelaide will have a terrible run with injuries or that something out of the blue like a covid wave can't happen? This thread is a prediction thread, not a ranking thread. s**t happens.

terrybull

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2004
Sweden
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Helsingborg Australian FC
Who did they beat in 1990? I only saw 2010
I know generally Collingwood lose grand finals but were they favourites heading into the 1990 gf?
Essendon

Don’t know who was favorite. Probably Bombers because of Magpies GF history

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
That's what I am thinking too. The worst part of the rebuild was done when the crows finished bottom in 2020.

I won't be surprised if crows get 10 or 11 wins.

Hell of they get 12 wins and 9th or 10th.

Then in 2024 they get finals. Crazy to think crows have spent 5 years in a row of no finals.

btdg

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Who did they beat in 1990? I only saw 2010
I know generally Collingwood lose grand finals but were they favourites heading into the 1990 gf?

1990 was one of those weird years where the dominant teams of the era (Hawthorn, Geelong) fell away leaving things wide open and it was just anyone's game. Bit like the Collingwood/West Coast game in 2018 (in the middle of a Richmond dynast).

Essendon were top 17-5 but 2-4 on the ladder were all only a game behind, and Hawthorn were 5th and looming.

If i remember right, Bombers were probably favourites but had a week 1 finals bye... then watched as Collingwood/West Coast drew and then played a replay a week later. That meant Essendon had 2 weeks off before their first final and had an absolute howler as a result.

Essendon then played a prelim vs West Coast who were travelling for the 6th straight week (all finals were played in Melbourne plus round 21 and round 22) and duly smashed them.

So heading into the GF it was a genuine 'who knows' game. Finals system throughout the 90s was totally bugged and this was one of the more underrated examples imo

Yardie

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
1990 was one of those weird years where the dominant teams of the era (Hawthorn, Geelong) fell away leaving things wide open and it was just anyone's game. Bit like the Collingwood/West Coast game in 2018 (in the middle of a Richmond dynast).

Essendon were top 17-5 but 2-4 on the ladder were all only a game behind, and Hawthorn were 5th and looming.

If i remember right, Bombers were probably favourites but had a week 1 finals bye... then watched as Collingwood/West Coast drew and then played a replay a week later. That meant Essendon had 2 weeks off before their first final and had an absolute howler as a result.

Essendon then played a prelim vs West Coast who were travelling for the 6th straight week (all finals were played in Melbourne plus round 21 and round 22) and duly smashed them.

So heading into the GF it was a genuine 'who knows' game. Finals system throughout the 90s was totally bugged and this was one of the more underrated examples imo
The Colliwobbles still exist though as Collingwood still haven't won a Grand Final in September since 1959.

Remove this Banner Ad