Prediction The Very early 2023 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

All Australian
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
2017-2020 was tiger times. Apart for 2018 in which richmond should have won it in 2018 as well.

These times are over.

I feel 2021 and 2022 are tranistional times or a transitional era bit like 2016 when it was just after the Hawks 3 peat years and before tiger times.

But instead of 1 year 2016 its 2 years 2021 and 2022.

I can not see a dynasty for Melbourne though even though they won in 2021 and had another good year in 2022 just cant see it and Geelong will be getting old and on far too much in 2023.

2023 i see as the first year since 2020 we start to see the real next era or dynasty.

Im not sure on which team as yet.

i have these as the possible next big things as in the next big dynasty.

I know i will have plenty of people disagree with me but I think its Collingwood.

To be honest they have now thier house in order at least and at last.

united group there as well.

New and refreshed footy department and of course a strong and huge supporter base means huge membership means they can afford to invest into a successfull and well run footy department.

So I have Collingwood.

As said it might not happen in 2023 but if not 2024 if not that 2025 but sooner or later they will win a flag.

Just have to happen something will crack they will win the flag. Just needs a good run and they are there.

Another team i like are these 3:

Sydney Swans,
Freemantle

For the interstate teams.

As in the Vic teams i have:

Carlton yes the blues are due same as Pies they still have a big supporter base and they too have got their house in order as well.
Saint Kilda are starting to do good things and now Lyon is back i can see them rise again.
I have a feeling that North under Clarkson will be a riser.
As said Richmond and Geelong have 1 more year left in them as been a truly good teams and in 2024 the cliff is all thiers. Still play in finals in 2023. Bit of a last chance soloon.

Theres not much to write home about for the Vic teams to be honest i feel we could see a nice run of interstate premierships this decade as well.

I feel we could see up to 3 years in a row of the flag been outside Victoria.

it would not surprise me.

I can see this new Tassie team to make finals in its first year as well when ever a tassie team plays in the afl.

By the end of this decade i can see the Suns and possibly GWS to exit the AFL comp more so Suns.

its will be an interesting decade the 2020s.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
2017-2020 was tiger times. Apart for 2018 in which richmond should have won it in 2018 as well.

These times are over.

I feel 2021 and 2022 are tranistional times or a transitional era bit like 2016 when it was just after the Hawks 3 peat years and before tiger times.

I can not see a dynasty for Melbourne though even though they won in 2021 and had another good year in 2022 just cant see it and Geelong will be getting old and on far too much in 2023.

2023 i see as the first year since 2020 we start to see the real next era or dynasty.

I know i will have plenty of people disagree with me but I think its Collingwood.

New and refreshed footy department and of course a strong and huge supporter base means huge membership means they can afford to invest into a successfull and well run footy department.

So I have Collingwood.

As said it might not happen in 2023 but if not 2024 if not that 2025 but sooner or later they will win a flag.

Just have to happen something will crack they will win the flag. Just needs a good run and they are there.

Sydney Swans,
Freemantle

Carlton yes the blues are due same as Pies they still have a big supporter base and they too have got their house in order as well.
Saint Kilda are starting to do good things and now Lyon is back i can see them rise again.
As said Richmond and Geelong have 1 more year left in them as been a truly good teams and in 2024 the cliff is all thiers. Still play in finals in 2023. Bit of a last chance soloon.

Theres not much to write home about for the Vic teams to be honest i feel we could see a nice run of interstate premierships this decade as well.

I can see this new Tassie team to make finals in its first year as well when ever a tassie team plays in the afl.

By the end of this decade i can see the Suns and possibly GWS to exit the AFL comp more so Suns.

FMD, this drivel appears in two threads!

Yes, we all agree Collingwood are the next dynasty team, Pendles will be the oldest flag captain on history - on multiple occasions. Now go away

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond

These times are over.

So I have Collingwood.

Sydney Swans,
Freemantle

Yeah nah, Richmond is going again. We’ve rebuilt on the run and looking to extend the dynasty to 4 flags

Just so you know Collingwood is old af. 10 of your best 22 will be 30-35 by the end of 2023. Good luck with the dynasty lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Football Tragic

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
If you look at it without bias, Richmond was the team that turned its greatest weakness into a strength over the trade period. Our contested ball and center square numbers have always been our Achilles Heel during the past 5 years and with the new 6-6-6 rule, that part of the game has never been more important. Bringing in two quality midfielders may not make our midfield the best in the league but it certainly goes a long way to correct this deficiency.

Based on that alone and the quality of the rest of the positional lines, you would predict that Richmond moves up the ladder in 2023. You may pray that doesn't occur but on the weight of numbers, and without a possible avalanche of injuries, it is more likely to occur than not.

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
If you look at it without bias, Richmond was the team that turned its greatest weakness into a strength over the trade period. Our contested ball and center square numbers have always been our Achilles Heel during the past 5 years and with the new 6-6-6 rule, that part of the game has never been more important. Bringing in two quality midfielders may not make our midfield the best in the league but it certainly goes a long way to correct this deficiency.

Based on that alone and the quality of the rest of the positional lines, you would predict that Richmond moves up the ladder in 2023. You may pray that doesn't occur but on the weight of numbers, and without a possible avalanche of injuries, it is more likely to occur than not.

I don’t see how we don’t improve from last year with the recruits we got in including Rutton who is a great defensive coach. The betting markets have us at 3rd favourites for a reason. But some people on here have us finishing outside the 8 lol. Just manifestation imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham
The AFL will hand premiers Geelong a back-ended schedule of home games with the new-look 40,000-seat stadium likely to be complete as late as June next year.

Geelong chief executive Steve Hocking said the fifth stage of the GMHBA Stadium development would be a massive fillip for the local community and allow the ground to host more events like March’s Foo Fighters concert.

But the builders have given a May or June 2023 finish date which means the Cats would again be at heavily restricted capacity if they played early-season home games there.

It means the league will work with the AFL on a fixture that the Cats hope will include nine GMHBA Stadium games late in the year and two MCG games against Victorian powerhouse teams.

Geelong is yet to decide whether it will unfurl its premiership flag at GMHBA Stadium or do it early at the MCG.

Big wait and see on us, if we're within touching distance of top 4 at the bye then expect us to come home with a wet sail with lots of home games.
Will make the first half of the season hard as you'd assume there'd be a lot of away games.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1. Geelong
2. Melbourne
3. Bulldogs
4. Richmond
5. Carlton
6. Freo
7. Brisbane
8. Collingwood
9. Sydney
10. Port
11. St Kilda
12. Adelaide
13. Gold Coast
14. Essendon
15. West Coast
16. North
17. GWS
18. Hawthorn

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Richmond can make top 4 if absolutely everything goes their way, but I think they'll end up 5th-6th.
We're a top 4 contender for sure. And a side with that much winning finals experience that makes the top 4, will be a flag contender comes finals. Mind you that being a contender doesn't guarantee anything, like you said, you still need things to go your way with injuries, form, luck at the right time, etc. We lead in the 4th quarter in 21/23 games in 2022, and the other 2 games we lead in the 3rd quarter, so Richmond are around the mark with any team in the comp on their day.

Our biggest weakness we addressed in the trade period. A lot of our 2023 fortunes will depend on Hopper and Taranto. Only time will tell how they fit in and what impact they make. I'd be very surprised if we didn't improve in 2023 though (a good injury run dependent).

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
1 - Brisbane
2 - Geelong
3 - Richmond
4 - Fremantle
5 - Melbourne
6 - Carlton
7 - Sydney
8 - Gold Coast
----------------------------------------
9 - Collingwood
10 - Bulldogs
11 - St Kilda
12 - Adelaide
13 - Pt Adelaide
14 - GWS
15 - Essendon
16 - West Coast
17 - Hawthorn
18 - Nth Melb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baggins15

Debutant
Jul 19, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
1. Brisbane
2. Carlton
3. Geelong
4. Richmond
5. Melbourne
6. St Kilda
7. Collingwood
8. Adelaide
9. Sydney
10. Gold Coast
11. Bulldogs
12. Fremantle
13. Port Adelaide
14. Essendon
15. GWS
16. West Coast
17. Hawthorn
18. North

Cool Kangas

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Although there is just one game left in Season 2022, will we see another thrilling 2023 Season? Find out with my very early Ladder predictions for Season 2023:

1. Sydney
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Melbourne
5. Geelong
6. St Kilda
7. Fremantle
8. Carlton

9. Port Adelaide
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Gold Coast
12. Richmond
13. Hawthorn
14. Greater Western Sydney
15. Adelaide
16. West Coast
17. North Melbourne
18. Essendon
I personally don’t see hawthorn finishing that high.

Remove this Banner Ad