Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're 4th.

Yep but I don’t think many people would’ve thought that dogs and lions are older than us. I don’t hear anything about their age.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Yep but I don’t think many people would’ve thought that dogs and lions are older than us. I don’t here anything about their age.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Meaningless statistic, IMO. So Geelong is on average 0.4 years older than Brisbane. The oldest team ever won the 2022 premiership. Its time for "experts" to focus on some other metric

Meaningless statistic, IMO. So Geelong is on average 0.4 years older than Brisbane. The oldest team ever won the 2022 premiership. Its time for "experts" to focus on some other metric
I prefer to look at games experience rather than age. For example, there's a clear cut bottom 5 in average games played:

Hawthorne 43
Adelaide 53
Essendon 55
GWS 58
North 60

And everyone else is well into the 70's at a minimum.

I prefer to look at games experience rather than age. For example, there's a clear cut bottom 5 in average games played:

Hawthorne 43
Adelaide 53
Essendon 55
GWS 58
North 60

And everyone else is well into the 70's at a minimum.
Going off draft guru Freo’s 2023 list is
16th games played ave 55
14th for age ave 24.
Anchors bubbling up nicely

It’s the make up of the actual team rather than squad. Squad gives hints at the future but average age of normal 22 teams is significant.

Geelong have bucked the trend but they have other competitive advantages & it will not continue forever.

Going off draft guru Freo’s 2023 list is
16th games played ave 55
14th for age ave 24.
Anchors bubbling up nicely
Yep, I missed them. Wow, very inexperienced there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take whatever I predict with a grain of salt, I had Collingwood last this year, so I guess Hawthorn are top 4.
I predict this to be the closest year from 1st to 15th in history.

1. Fremantle
2. Collingwood
3. Port Adelaide
4. Melbourne
5. Brisbane
6. Sydney
7. Essendon
8. Gold Coast

9. Richmond
10. Geelong
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Greater Western Sydney
13. Carlton
14. St. Kilda
15. Adelaide
16. North Melbourne
17. West Coast
18. Hawthorn

It’s the make up of the actual team rather than squad. Squad gives hints at the future but average age of normal 22 teams is significant.

Geelong have bucked the trend but they have other competitive advantages & it will not continue forever.
Yeah? But players play longer in the modern game. They are better managed game wise, and minutes played wise.

3 or 4 coach sackings if your ladder is accurate, you reckon? Crows, Power, Eagles. Dogs?
I cannot for the life of me figure out what Adam Simpson's master plan is for the last couple years of his contract.

The Western Bulldogs will feel the loss of Dunkley and I'm not sure that Liam Jones is the solution to their present key defender issues. (tho Busslinger will be great for the future.) I think Bevo's time might nearly be up.

Adelaide will enjoy having Rankine at their disposal, but they continue to have one of the least experienced teams, and I'm a little surprised they weren't more active in the trade season.

Hinkley will see out his contract and then retire.

Take whatever I predict with a grain of salt, I had Collingwood last this year, so I guess Hawthorn are top 4.
I predict this to be the closest year from 1st to 15th in histor
7. Essendon
8. Gold Coast

9. Richmond
10. Geelong
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Greater Western Sydney
13. Carlton
14. St. Kilda
15. Adelaide
16. North Melbourne
17. West Coast
18. Hawthorn

Look - i havent been keen ( re their prospects ) on Ess for years - and i still wasnt looking at their current playing list re for 23 season - and even after the appointment of Brad Scott - who in 10 years at NM- had a 50/50 win/loss record

However reading what some of the players have said - re Brad Scott has already brought in some much needed discipline to the club -you know - you look at that game a couple of years back - your 12 goals down a h/t - and your group is laughing - B Scott will get rid of that rubbish plus i read from some fitness guru - who has several afl players across quite a few clubs - and he said ( forgot the players name ) ESS 2022 last minute/pick or top up pick ex WA bloke - hes the pick of them - in sensational physical condition thats what he said - so that player might have a super year

Its an average comp - no world beaters far from it - so youve put Ess 7th - if they are ever going to jump - then i agree 23 might be the year - say 5th to 8th

As for the top of the ladder - i do think Rich will be right up near the pointy end - the 2 new GWS midfielders - plus Baker/Short/Bolton - and Cotchin rested every now and again so hes good - their only old player who looks in some games like father time had got him was Rewoildt - but that was only in some games - so i think the Tigers are a great bet for the top 4

Melb in 23 is the most interesting team of the lot - 21 - world beaters and just demolished who ever got in their path - where as in 22 - the last 6 games they were pretty pathetic - dropped away badly - i dont know if the hunger will come back for them - the old flick the switch- i dont know if the switch is still their

1. Brisbane
2. Melbourne
3. Geelong
4. Richmond
5. Carlton
6. Freo
7. Port
8. Collingwood
9. Gold Coast
10. Sydney
11. Bulldogs
12. St Kilda
13. Adelaide
14. Essendon
15. West Coast
16. GWS
17. North Melbourne
18. Hawthorn

1. Brisbane
2. Richmond
3. Geelong
4. Carlton
5. Melbourne
6. Collingwood
7. Port Adelaide
8. Fremantle

9. Sydney
10. Bulldogs
11. Adelaide
12. Gold Coast
13. St Kilda
14. North Melbourne
15. Essendon
16. West Coast
17. Hawthorn
18. GWS

Melbourne
Brisbane
Freo
Carlton
Bulldogs
Geelong
Sydney
Gold Coast

Richmond
Port
Collingwood
Saints
Essendon
Adelaide
GWS
North
Hawks
West Coast

Hard ladder to pick. I always go for the tried and tested 2 new top 4 teams, one from outside & 1 from bottom half of eight. Port or Bulldogs unlucky.

I think Richmond will not be as good as people think due to age / reliant on a few older player so would need a huge injury free run. Geelong wheels could fall off without hunger but not going to fully go them, unlike Collingwood who won a lot of close matches so I think that run & a few key injuries would cripple them.
I'm sorry but this with Tigers outside the 8 cannot be tolerated
You must review and post accordingly

1. Geelong
2. Richmond
3. Brisbane
4. Melbourne
5. Collingwood
6. Sydney
7. Carlton
8. Gold Coast
9. Port Adelaide
10. Bulldogs
11. Fremantle
12. Adelaide
13. St. Kilda
14. GWS Giants
15. Essendon
16. North Melbourne
17. Hawthorn
18. West Coast.

I think the top 3 are my main three favourites for the flag. All have really balanced and quality lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back