Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I don’t really see a whole lot of improvement in one year. They were pretty terrible in 2022. I’d see more improvement from the suns.
Agree - Giants are losing two of their best mids and have a new coach (which could go either way, just don't think they have much talent). Suns look primed to climb into the 8 for my mind.

A
Agree - Giants are losing two of their best mids and have a new coach (which could go either way, just don't think they have much talent). Suns look primed to climb into the 8 for my mind.
At times in 2022 (middle of the year) the suns looked like they were in a run to the finals. Shortly after they fell off a cliff but looked the goods. Not withstanding rankine no longer at the club.

1. Geelong
2. Richmond
3. Brisbane
4. Fremantle
5. Melbourne
6. Collingwood
7. Sydney
8. Carlton

9. Port Adel
10. Bulldogs
11. Gold Coast
12. Adelaide
13. West Coast
14. St Kilda
15. Essendon
16. Hawthorn
17. GWS
18. North Melbourne

Collingwood
Sydney
Melbourne
Fremantle
Carlton
Gold Coast
Richmond
Geelong

Brisbane
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Hawthorn
St Kilda
Port
Essendon
West Coast
GWS
North

Predicting a drop from the champions. They've been chasing this flag for so long. Thinking they'll get content, especially with so many over 30s.

Who goes up: Carlton, GWS Giants, Port, Essendon, Brisbane Lions
Who goes down: Melbourne, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Collingwood, Richmond
Who stays: The remainder

Geelong is almost certain to finish top 4 again, their younger players will be even better in 2023.

I think Carlton can improve a lot in 2023 and could make the top 4 after missing the finals.

But you never know anyway, unexpected things can happen.

1 Geelong
2 Brisbane Lions
3 Carlton
4 Sydney
5 Melbourne
6 Collingwood
7 Port Adelaide
8 Essendon
9 Western Bulldogs
10 St Kilda
11 GWS Giants
12 Fremantle
13 Hawthorn
14 Adelaide
15 Gold Coast
16 Richmond
17 West Coast
18 North

A lot of people predicted the same for Melbourne after 2021. Often young players are the ones he plateau and feel content with what they’ve achieved early in a career. So, it’s interesting that you see this as something that’ll make Geelong stronger.

Swans & Demons both to miss the 8.
Both forward lines are in more dire need of a overhaul than our midfield.

A

At times in 2022 (middle of the year) the suns looked like they were in a run to the finals. Shortly after they fell off a cliff but looked the goods. Not withstanding rankine no longer at the club.
My thinking is that the loss of Rankine will be offset by the return of Ben King, who had a very good 2021.

Yeah, that won't happen.

Notwithstanding Melbourne's forward issues in 2022 they led the competition in the ''time in front'' statistic, including Geelong, with a very impressive 71%.

Geelong were second on 69%, and for perspective Sydney were 52% and Collingwood 48%.

Imagine if they fix their forward connection, which will be a huge focus in 2023.

Although there is just one game left in Season 2022, will we see another thrilling 2023 Season? Find out with my very early Ladder predictions for Season 2023:

1. Sydney
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Melbourne
5. Geelong
6. St Kilda
7. Fremantle
8. Carlton

9. Port Adelaide
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Gold Coast
12. Richmond
13. Hawthorn
14. Greater Western Sydney
15. Adelaide
16. West Coast
17. North Melbourne
18. Essendon
Oh boy

1. Brisbane
2. Richmond
3. Geelong
4. Sydney
5. Carlton
6. Melbourne
7. Port Adelaide
8. Collingwood

9. Fremantle
10. Bulldogs
11. Gold Coast
12. Adelaide
13. Hawthorn
14. St Kilda
15. North Melbourne
16. GWS
17. West Coast
Harley Reid. Essendon

1. Brisbane
2. Richmond
3. Geelong
4. Sydney
5. Carlton
6. Melbourne
7. Port Adelaide
8. Collingwood

9. Fremantle
10. Bulldogs
11. Gold Coast
12. Adelaide
13. Hawthorn
14. St Kilda
15. North Melbourne
16. GWS
17. West Coast
Harley Reid. Essendon
Reid is going to be so good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Collingwood
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. St. Kilda
5. Bolognaise
6. Satay Chicken
7. If you have any questions about the same as the above please contact us at the moment and we will be happy to have Hird back to you shortly after the event is available. Please email us if you have any questions or comments about this website or any other website that you have had to do with our website and we will contact you to discuss your requirements and we will contact you to discuss your requirements and we will contact you to discuss your requirements and the requirements for your application and to ensure you are ready to proceed with the application process and the application process for the application of the application and the application process for the application of the application and the application process for the application of the application and the application process for the application of the application and the application process for the application please James.

Yeah, that won't happen.

Notwithstanding Melbourne's forward issues in 2022 they led the competition in the ''time in front'' statistic, including Geelong, with a very impressive 71%.

Geelong were second on 69%, and for perspective Sydney were 52% and Collingwood 48%.

Imagine if they fix their forward connection, which will be a huge focus in 2023.
You can’t be serious that’s the reason you think Melbourne will be a top side again? It suggests the Demons have serious fitness issues and execution issues under pressure that sees you unable to run out four quarters as the better side

Sounds like you've got a lot of excuses as to why the Saints have been failing to make the top 8, MickG88.

My advice - just play better footy...
Not a lot just the Essendon game. Lost to Port becuse we couldnt kick straight, lost to Swans, Cats, Demons because they are better. The rest are a flip of the coin.

You can’t be serious that’s the reason you think Melbourne will be a top side again? It suggests the Demons have serious fitness issues and execution issues under pressure that sees you unable to run out four quarters as the better side
It obviously wasn't one thing, but when you lose 8 games and in 7 of those 8 games you're 20+ points ahead then talent obviously isn't the issue - especially when the group is a premiership group.

Whether it was hunger, injuries, fitness, ball movement, or a combination of all, it's clearly fixable for a group that's not losing one single player to retirement AND still finished second on the ladder after the H&A.

You can please yourself as to your own views sitting from afar.

It obviously wasn't one thing, but when you lose 8 games and in 7 of those 8 games you're 20+ points ahead then talent obviously isn't the issue - especially when the group is a premiership group.

Whether it was hunger, injuries, fitness, ball movement, or a combination of all, it's clearly fixable for a group that's not losing one single player to retirement AND still finished second on the ladder after the H&A.

You can please yourself as to your own views sitting from afar.
Would take some astute coaching and player mentality to fix those woes in a pre-season

All depends if Geelong get double up games against North and WC again in 2023. Trading is very easy with the property development advantage. They were super impressive this year and Father Time hasn't yet arrived at Kardinia Park, although if they get much older the Grim Reaper will soon make an appearance for some of the oldies.

1. Geelong for their first B2B
2. Melbourne had their kick in the pants this year and the Gawn/Grundy combo, mmm, mmm
3. Richmond with a new GWS midfield, be nice to see them lose a Prelim
4. Collingwood prove 2022 wasn't a fluke, be nice to see them lose another Prelim by under a goal
5. Carlton will finally make finals but not top 4, need to earn their stripes for that
6. Sydney will have a small fall
7. Gold Coast decide to win games after the bye
8. Western Bulldogs decide to settle annually around this mark, have had their umpire fueled fairytale
9. Fremantle too many ran away in trade period
10. Crows peaking around here before Tex retires
11. Brisbane, temporary coach while 12 month AFL enquiry decides who is lying/telling truth in Hawks scandal
12. Port show they just aren't that good, Rozee Brownlow
13. Hawthorn rebuild a slow burn, nasty off field business lingering
14. Saints resume normal transmission, mercenaries rebuild failing
15. GWS running out of good players, preparing for the next exodus South
16. West Coast prove 2022 wasn't a fluke
17. Essendon, James the Great is coach, pissed off North tanked better
18. North, temporary coach, list no better, tank to get Harley Reid, hat trick of pick 1's but JHF defects to Crows

Would take some astute coaching and player mentality to fix those woes in a pre-season
They were ahead more than any other team in the competition during 2022.

They're premiership players from 12 months ago.

In 7 of their 8 losses they were ahead by 20+ points.

They finished 2nd during the H&A.

Hope, wish, pray all you like, but fully fit with some game-plan tweaks it's very fixable.

They were ahead more than any other team in the competition during 2022.

They're premiership players from 12 months ago.

In 7 of their 8 losses they were ahead by 20+ points.

They finished 2nd during the H&A.

Hope, wish, pray all you like, but fully fit with some game-plan tweaks it's very fixable.
An ESPN stat if I’ve ever read one. There’s only one point you need to lead at and that’s after the final siren. You don’t get points for leading at half time.

Winning a premiership is a great achievement. Won’t hold much relevance in 2022 though, otherwise it would have in 2021 finals when the heat was on.

The Demons had a very good run all season with injury. Not sure how much fitter you can get. Any team can tweak its game plan and improve, hypothetically

An ESPN stat if I’ve ever read one. There’s only one point you need to lead at and that’s after the final siren. You don’t get points for leading at half time.

Winning a premiership is a great achievement. Won’t hold much relevance in 2022 though, otherwise it would have in 2021 finals when the heat was on.

The Demons had a very good run all season with injury. Not sure how much fitter you can get. Any team can tweak its game plan and improve, hypothetically
It's just a ''fact'' stat that was presented on Fox Footy. A pretty significant one, although it highlights Collingwood's 104%, so needless to say it's one you'd dismiss.

The premiership doesn't hold mush relevance for 2023, but the quality of the list does, which will be superior to the flag list of 2021.

We now know Gawn was carrying a groin for the last 8 weeks, Viney was carrying a foot injury and has since had post-season surgery, Lever wasn't right, Brown's knee was stuffed, but I don't consider injuries to be the main issue.

I doubt fitness was much of an issue, if at all. More-so in-game execution and the running required to defend forward half turnovers due to poor forward half connectivity.

As I said, there were a few issues. None in themselves were the final straw, but together they sank the defence.

Injuries permitting, very fixable.

It's just a ''fact'' stat that was presented on Fox Footy. A pretty significant one, although it highlights Collingwood's 104%, so needless to say it's one you'd dismiss.

The premiership doesn't hold mush relevance for 2023, but the quality of the list does, which will be superior to the flag list of 2021.

We now know Gawn was carrying a groin for the last 8 weeks, Viney was carrying a foot injury and has since had post-season surgery, Lever wasn't right, Brown's knee was stuffed, but I don't consider injuries to be the main issue.

I doubt fitness was much of an issue, if at all. More-so in-game execution and the running required to defend forward half turnovers due to poor forward half connectivity.

As I said, there were a few issues. None in themselves were the final straw, but together they sank the defence.

Injuries permitting, very fixable.
Don’t be salty because I’m pointing out how a stat is irrelevant. Why would anyone care that Melbourne lead games during the 1st and 2nd quarters? You only need to be in front at one stage. Collingwood’s poor percentage considered, they still won more games than Melbourne in 2022.

My point is that every club in the league sees issues that are “fixable”. It sounds like you think only Melbourne have shortcomings they can fix, and nobody else will improve around them

Hahahah. The same dire forward line that allowed the Dees to finish 2nd at the end of the home and away and will be tinkered with over the off-season to ensure more connection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back