Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on if Fagan and Clarkson get sacked or not (This ranking's assuming they both retain their jobs even though I think both are gone)

1 Brisbane
2 Richmond
3 Carlton
4 Geelong
5 Melbourne
6 Western Bulldogs
7 Fremantle
8 Gold Coast
9 Sydney
10 Port Adelaide
11 Collingwood
12 Adelaide
13 St Kilda
14 Hawthorn
15 Essendon
16 North Melbourne
17 West Coast
18 GWS

Finals Rd 1
Brisbane vs Geelong> Brisbane
Melbourne vs Gold Coast> Melbourne

Dogs vs Fremantle > Dogs
Richmond vs Carlton> Richmond

Finals Rd 2
Melbourne vs Geelong> Geelong
Dogs vs Carlton> Carlton

Finals Rd 3
Brisbane vs Carlton> Brisbane
Richmond vs Geelong> Richmond

Grand Final
Brisbane vs Richmond>

Premiers - Brisbane

Last edited:

Won’t it?

This year we added a rookie KPD with one match to his name, a twice delisted free agent who hadn’t shown that much in the games he HAD played, a midfielder who had only played a few matches last year and became the highest rated winger in the competition by finals time, and another general defender who had played 33 games in 5 seasons prior to this one.

Seemed to work out alright.

At some point people will actually stop trying to make predictions without actually assessing the merits of what they’re saying
Google non sequitur.

Finals Rd 1

Dogs vs Fremantle > Dogs

Finals Rd 2
Dogs vs Carlton> Carlton

Finals Rd 3

Grand Final
Brisbane vs Richmond>

Premiers - Brisbane
Has it been that long since Carlton has played finals that you've forgotten, or never needed to understand, how the finals system works?!?

Fremantle player ages:

Luke Jackson 21
Brayshaw 22
Serong 21
Young 21
Chapman 20
Frederick 22
Clark 21
Brodie 23
Odriscall 20
Treacey 20
Amiss 19
Dp#10 Erasmus 18
Dp#18 Johnson 18
Darcy 24
Cox 24
Schultz 24
Switta 25
Ryan 26
Aish 26
Henry 20
Pearce 27

Throw in Fyfe 31.

How you think that squad will go backwards is beyond me. Expect another huge step forward next season for Fremantle, despite losing an ok winger and a depth key backman.

Should top 4 next year imo if staying healthy.

Fremantle player ages:

Luke Jackson 21
Brayshaw 22
Serong 21
Young 21
Chapman 20
Frederick 22
Clark 21
Brodie 23
Odriscall 20
Treacey 20
Amiss 19
Dp#10 Erasmus 18
Dp#18 Johnson 18
Darcy 24
Cox 24
Schultz 24
Switta 25
Ryan 26
Aish 26
Henry 20
Pearce 27

Throw in Fyfe 31.

How you think that squad will go backwards is beyond me. Expect another huge step forward next season for Fremantle, despite losing an ok winger and a depth key backman.
I don't expect you to go down but when you say you only lost a depth key backman, he finished sixth in your best and fairest so I think it's fair to say Logue will be a loss.

Depending on if Fagan and Clarkson get sacked or not (This ranking's assuming they both retain their jobs even though I think both are gone)

1 Brisbane
2 Richmond
3 Carlton
4 Geelong
5 Melbourne
6 Western Bulldogs
7 Fremantle
8 Gold Coast
9 Sydney
10 Port Adelaide
11 Collingwood
12 Adelaide
13 St Kilda
14 Hawthorn
15 Essendon
16 North Melbourne
17 West Coast
18 GWS

Finals Rd 1

Dogs vs Fremantle > Dogs

Finals Rd 2
Dogs vs Carlton> Carlton

Finals Rd 3
Brisbane vs Carlton> Brisbane
Richmond vs Geelong> Richmond

Grand Final
Brisbane vs Richmond>

Premiers - Brisbane
Dunno about Brisbane
I think their midfield isn't deep enough

I love Sydney, but they'll significantly drop off next year.

It happened with the Crows in 2018, GWS in 2020 and would've been the Dogs in 2022 if Carlton didn't choke the unthinkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the be all and end all but the current betting market for 2023 flag is one perspective

$5 Geelong
$6 Sydney
$7 Melbourne
$10 Richmond, Collingwood, Brisbane
$12 Carlton
That’s very good odds for Carlton.

I love Sydney, but they'll significantly drop off next year.

It happened with the Crows in 2018, GWS in 2020 and would've been the Dogs in 2022 if Carlton didn't choke the unthinkable.
Correction we literally fell off in 18 (going from 1st in 2017 to 12th H&A). Idk if the Swans will make the 4 I have them there in my early ladder prediction making the 4 from memory. but they will be playing finals next season. I don't see them significantly dropping which for me would be missing the finals.

Last edited:
Not the be all and end all but the current betting market for 2023 flag is one perspective

$5 Geelong
$6 Sydney
$7 Melbourne
$10 Richmond, Collingwood, Brisbane
$12 Carlton
Melbourne favourites in my mind but I not sure how much of a favourite in my mind they will be when I fully take into account what the loss of Jackson does to their mix.
Overall it probably as open as it been.
Cats placed nominal favourites simply because they won the most recent premiership which fair enough but stuffed if I would waste my money on such short odds.
I cannot see value in any of those odds in such an even comp.

Brisbane
Geelong
Melbourne
Richmond
Fremantle
Collingwood
Carlton
St Kilda

Gold Coast
Port Adelaide
Western
Essendon
Sydney
Adelaide
West Coast
North Melbourne
Hawthorn
GWS

Can’t believe so many have West Coast bottom 4 after the news we got Jayden Hunt onboard

I don't expect you to go down but when you say you only lost a depth key backman, he finished sixth in your best and fairest so I think it's fair to say Logue will be a loss.
He played forward though. The sixth in the best and fairest was clearly generously voted for because he was filling a role we needed to be filled. With Jackson most likely coming in, Corbett in, and Amiss and Treacey another year older its highly likely Logue doesn't get a game. He knew the writing was on the wall.

MCG
Essendon
Collingwood
Hawks(lost)
Richmond
Carlton

GMBHA
Dockers(lost)
Lions
Port
Crows
North
Demons
Bulldogs
Eagles

Where are all these hard games at the MCG? Collingwood and Richmond from the top 8 compared to Demons, Bulldogs, Lions and Dockers at home. I see your figures back up the way Cats fans see it but the reality is that this year Cats were looked after very well by a soft draw. My statement is apted. Congrats on winning the premiership.

PS I left out the finals games as Geelong had no choice but to play there, if it were up to them they would of rather played at GMHBA stadium.
Are you fair dinkum?

Cats would have played every team in that 40 game period, and you are saying they haven’t had any tough games, that is hillarious your way of thinking.

It’s like this on Bigfooty

Tigers win the flag - it’s not fair they play all their games at the G

Cats won the flag - it’s not fair they don’t play all their game s at the MCG

and if the cats did play all their games at the G as I previously illustrated (80% wins at KP and 75% win at G) they would have the same result, the 2022 flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back