Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They won't lose teams by relocating them, that's the point of relocation.

The licences can be maintained all the same, the simple difference is expanding in a location that actually has longevity.

And I'm not sure what type of 'history' you're eluding to. Port have plenty as well, which all of you over there seem to deny us our ownership of.

I guess that's fine, but if that's the logic we're using, than nothing before 1990 should even matter in this conversation for ANY team. That's the year the national competition was established.

Port Adelaide has lots of history in the SANFL. Anyway, this is tiresome, like you lot from SA continually posting about getting rid of teams..

1. Brisbane 16-6
2. Carlton 16-6
3. Geelong 15-7
4. Richmond 15-7
5. Melbourne 14-8
6. Gold Coast 14-8
7. Fremantle 13-9
8. Essendon 12-10
——————————
9. Collingwood 11-11
10. Sydney 10-12
11. Port Adelaide 10-12 * Ken sacked
12. Western Bulldogs 9-13 * Bevo sacked
13. Adelaide 8-14
14. St Kilda 8-14
15. GWS 7-15
16. North Melbourne 7-15
17. West Coast 7-15
18. Hawthorn 6-16
The list order doesn't have too many outrageous placings.

The only query is wins for the bottom 4.
The AFL era only has BL 2017 (5) and BL 1998 (5.5) come close to 6 wins as wooden spooners. So would suspect that either Hawthorn win that many games and thus aren't last or you're winning less games. I suspect NM will win 2-4 games and win the spoon again IMO.

They won't lose teams by relocating them, that's the point of relocation.

The licences can be maintained all the same, the simple difference is expanding in a location that actually has longevity.

And I'm not sure what type of 'history' you're eluding to. Port have plenty as well, which all of you over there seem to deny us our ownership of.

I guess that's fine, but if that's the logic we're using, than nothing before 1990 should even matter in this conversation for ANY team. That's the year the national competition was established.
Poort-Power-Letter-zpsbc901bf5-1.jpg

All the history for 1 flag provided the Power get major list concessions.

Last Year Matty Lloyd said that he couldn't see any changes to the bottom 5 from 2021 in the next season. Turned out to be very right and very wrong:

Hawthorn - From 14th to 13th... still bottom 6, but considering all the expectations for the Hawks to bottom out in 2022, that 13th place feels more significant.

Adelaide - From 15th to 14th... Not much major improvement from the previous season. Maybe Rankine's arrival will allow them to finally escape the bottom 6?

Gold Coast - From 16th to 12th, had a club best season, all without Ben King, but now without Rankine. The long term plan for their list management will be interesting to spectate, but another year in the mid table looks likely.

Collingwood - From 17th to 4th, and a point off of a shock grand final appearance. Nobody saw that s**t coming. Yet to see if it's any more than a flash in the pan (I think they'll give it another good crack in 23)

North Melbourne - From 18th to 18th. Putting 22 behind them, and 23 remains uncertain until a verdict on Clackson's situation is revealed. See how their drafting play out too.

The list order doesn't have too many outrageous placings.

The only query is wins for the bottom 4.
The AFL era only has BL 2017 (5) and BL 1998 (5.5) come close to 6 wins as wooden spooners. So would suspect that either Hawthorn win that many games and thus aren't last or you're winning less games. I suspect NM will win 2-4 games and win the spoon again IMO.
I see North improving, and Eagles, and I think we will take a step back. It won’t surprise me too much if North continue to be poor, but they’re going to be a bit better defensively with Clarkson as coach, so I do see them improving.

Poort-Power-Letter-zpsbc901bf5-1.jpg

All the history for 1 flag provided the Power get major list concessions.
The recognition of the teams as the same club (PACE since 1870) occurred a decade later due to continuous intervention form the SANFL.

On 20 August 2010, the "One Port Adelaide Football Club" movement was launched by former player Tim Ginever to merge Port Adelaide's AFL and SANFL operations. A website was created that claimed 50,000 signatures were needed for the merger. On 15 November 2010, all nine SANFL clubs agreed that the off-field merger between the two operations would proceed.[98][99] On 10 September 2013, Port Adelaide and the SANFL agreed to a model to allow all its AFL-listed players (not selected to play for Port Adelaide in the AFL) to play for the SANFL side. From 2015 onward, the club lost its recruiting zones and could no longer field sides in the junior SANFL competition. Port Adelaide subsequently started an Academy team composed of 18 to 22-year-olds.

The recognition of the teams as the same club (PACE since 1870) occurred a decade later due to continuous intervention form the SANFL.

On 20 August 2010, the "One Port Adelaide Football Club" movement was launched by former player Tim Ginever to merge Port Adelaide's AFL and SANFL operations. A website was created that claimed 50,000 signatures were needed for the merger. On 15 November 2010, all nine SANFL clubs agreed that the off-field merger between the two operations would proceed.[98][99] On 10 September 2013, Port Adelaide and the SANFL agreed to a model to allow all its AFL-listed players (not selected to play for Port Adelaide in the AFL) to play for the SANFL side. From 2015 onward, the club lost its recruiting zones and could no longer field sides in the junior SANFL competition. Port Adelaide subsequently started an Academy team composed of 18 to 22-year-olds.
Don’t be so easily triggered brav.

Nothing wrong with being irrelevant plastic.

Don’t be so easily triggered brav.

Nothing wrong with being irrelevant plastic.
I'm pretty sure this all started when you and your lot got your pants in a knot over my use of the word 'Tasmania'

I could literally hear your reaction from a state away:
Boogie Mad GIF - Boogie Mad Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

Anyways, I tried to get the thread back on topic, but clearly you still haven't wiped away your own tears.

You all joined our comp. Our history matters.
Backwater SA flags.. Don't.

Port Adelaide Magpies are Port Power, therefore they have 37 premierships, 36 in the SANFL & 1 in the AFL. Carlton has 15 in the VFL and also only 1 in the AFL.

This is why Port Power are the Power from Port, because of their 37 premierships, if they didn't have 37 premierships how can they be the Power? It doesn't make sense! Therefore, they have 37 flags because they are the Power from Port, and this makes sense.

I have all the answers guys.
How can Richmond be the Tigers when they're clearly just a bunch of human beings?

So pre 1997 there were two premiers a season? I think port magpies won the 1980 SANFL flag and Richmond won the 1980 VFL one. Who’s the true premier? I’m going with the one that’s counted in the VFL/AFL flag tally.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to see whether Adams gets the north job or they look for someone else, it’s a tough situation for the Roos.
Have to think that north will be locked in a battle for the spoon with hawthorn and possibly West Coast if their ageing veterans on big contracts can’t be bothered getting fit.
Adelaide not much better and who knows what the dons will throw up ?
Reckon 10 teams can make the final 8, leaving GC, GWS and the Saints in no man’s land …

Now in 1910 Collingwood "Magpies" won the VFL premiership, Port Adelaide Magpies won the SANFL premiership and these 2 teams met in the Champion of Australia match, and the Port Adelaide Magpies won.

Do you think it's fair for the Collingwood "Magpies" to add that VFL premiership to their premiership tally but Port Adelaide Magpies (Champion of Australia in 1910) can't add their SANFL flag in 1910 to their premiership tally?

You seem like an odd Richmond supporter

Youve quoted 1910 - and Nth Adelaide beating Carlton in the once held Aust Championship

But your own team - the Tigers when they won all those flags late 60s and early 70s they had no problem and allways beat Sturt ( who also won a string of flags in same period ) when they met in Aust championship finals

Now in 1910 Collingwood "Magpies" won the VFL premiership, Port Adelaide Magpies won the SANFL premiership and these 2 teams met in the Champion of Australia match, and the Port Adelaide Magpies won.

Do you think it's fair for the Collingwood "Magpies" to add that VFL premiership to their premiership tally but Port Adelaide Magpies (Champion of Australia in 1910) can't add their SANFL flag in 1910 to their premiership tally?

Yes, it’s VFL/AFL not VFL/SANFL/AFL. They joined our comp later. We can’t have 2 flags for 1 year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1. Brisbane Lions
2. Geelong
3. Melbourne
4. Gold Coast
5. Richmond
6. Carlton
7. Port Adelaide
8. Adelaide
9. Collingwood
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Fremantle
12. Sydney
13. West Coast
14. Essendon
15. St Kilda
16. GWS
17. North Melbourne
18. Hawthorn

1. Brisbane
2. Richmond
3. Melbourne
4. Geelong
5. Sydney
6. Collingwood
7. Carlton
8. Port Adelaide
9. Fremantle
10. Footscray
11. Essendon
12. Gold Coast
13. GWS
14. St Kilda
15. Adelaide
16. North Melb
17. West Coast
18. Hawthorn

Collingwood
Fremantle
Geelong
Brisbane
Sydney
Melbourne
Carlton
Port Adelaide
--------------
Richmond
Gold Coast
Bulldogs
Hawthorn
St.Kilda
Adelaide
West Coast
North Melbourne
Essendon
GWS

1. Collingwood
2. Carlton
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. St. Kilda
8. Greater Western Sydney

9. Melbourne
10. Brisbane
11. Richmond
12. Port Adelaide
13. North Melbourne
14. Gold Coast
15. Footscray
16. Hawthorn
17. West Coast
18. Essendon

Biggest Riser: Adelaide

Set to Fall: Footscray

Coleman Medallist: Max King (St. Kilda)

Brownlow Medallist: Chad Warner (Sydney)

Premiers: Sydney

Runners Up: Collingwood

Potential Headline: "Swans Snap Grand Final Losing Streak in First Ever Extra Time Decider"

1. Brisbane
2. Geelong
3. Melbourne
4. Carlton
5. Richmond
6. Sydney
7. Fremantle
8. Collingwood

9. Port Adelaide
10. Gold Coast
11. Western Bulldogs
12. GWS
13. Adelaide
14. North Melbourne
15. St.Kilda
16. Essendon
17. West Coast
18. Hawthorn

1. Collingwood
2. Carlton
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. St. Kilda
8. Greater Western Sydney

9. Melbourne
10. Brisbane
11. Richmond
12. Port Adelaide
13. North Melbourne
14. Gold Coast
15. Footscray
16. Hawthorn
17. West Coast
18. Essendon

Biggest Riser: Adelaide

Set to Fall: Footscray

Coleman Medallist: Max King (St. Kilda)

Brownlow Medallist: Chad Warner (Sydney)

Premiers: Sydney

Runners Up: Collingwood

Potential Headline: "Swans Snap Grand Final Losing Streak in First Ever Extra Time Decider"

Funny Face Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back