Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely if Carlton doesn't finish in the top 6 the fans just burn the place down?

Didn't think they were quite ready this year but there are absolutely no excuses for 2023. Have most places on the ground covered

agree there 00stinger on carlton i think if they miss finals the place will be deserted and could be a nail in the coffin for carlton for a long while yet and they just going around in circles not going any where.

Agree they will burn Ikon park down to the ground.

And as with richmond they always like its all about them all the time god they get covered heap in positive wraps by the media its all richmond this and richmond that.

They still think its 2020.

They are starting to sook 2 years now with a flag poor didims.

agree there 00stinger on carlton i think if they miss finals the place will be deserted and could be a nail in the coffin for carlton for a long while yet and they just going around in circles not going any where.

And as with richmond they always like its all about them all the time god they get covered heap in positive wraps by the media its all richmond this and richmond that.

Overconfident Richmond supporter here - yes we still think it's 2020 and no we won't apologise for it.

well im glad you think its still 2020 when it clearly isnt though

its will be 2023 soon as well

so you grubby cats still think its 2022 when it will be actually 2023.

I still think its 1990 for that matter.

Always got me stuck in 1990.

Its a time warp

Brisbane
Swans
Melbourne
Geelong
Dockers
Carlton
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
GWS
Gold Coast
Essendon
St Kilda
Hawthorn
West Coast
North Melbourne

*This is literally a guess so don't kill me if your team is not high enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Climbing in to the top 8:
  • Carlton (surely it's time, like 'we know their coming'?)
  • Port (will scrape into the 8 in Boak's last year, will be a 3-4 goal better side with a small forward or two in their team)
  • Gold Coast (ok, I'm being super optimistic here and unrealistic, but they need to make the 8 to keep players and be viable)

Dropping out of the top 8:
  • Collingwood (will rue losing Grundy once they have a ruck injury or two, while their clutch game will get figured out by some)
  • Sydney (Grand Final smashing drop off ala Port 2007 with an unlucky run with injuries, Buddy is done, but Sydney will bounce back in 2024.)
  • Bulldogs (their list hasn't improved in this offseason and they didn't seem to have it together in 2021)

Wild cards for dropping out or climbing into the top 8:
  • Fremantle (lots of change in the off-season, their club history has never had me confident in their sustained success unfortunately)
  • St Kilda (could Ross the Boss straighten up the Saints in one off-season?)

Wooden spoon: a battle between the elderly and brittle West Coast and the insipid North Melbourne again.

Melbourne
Geelong
Sydney
Brisbane
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Essendon

Richmond
West Coast
Gold Coast
Bulldogs
Carlton
St Kilda
GWS
Adelaide
Hawthorn
North Melbourne

Carlton had the 2nd easiest fixture in 2022, how anyone thinks they will do better in 2023 with likely a much harder fixture, is crazy to me.
Collingwood very likely lose a few of those close games in 2023, their mature players will keep them in the 8, baring injuries.
Essendon in 2022 with a very young list, loads of injuries, 2nd hardest fixture, will in 2023 likely replicate their 2021 season finish.
Surely West Coast with way less injuries rises up the ladder in 2023?

Grundy: Gone
Pendlebury: 35yo in 2 months
Howe: 33yo next season
Sidebottom: 32yo next season
Cox: 32yo next season
Elliott: 30yo next season
Adams: 30yo next season
Mitchell: 30yo next season
Crisp: 30yo next season
Mihocek: 30yo next season
WHE: 30yo next season

As many as 10 of their best 22 will be 30-35yo by approximately GF day next year.
As a Geelong supporter that's still a few years off their peak

1. Carlton
2. Brisbane
3. Richmond
4. Geelong
5. Port
6. Melbourne
7. Sydney
8. Pies

9. WBD
10. GCS
11. Freo
12. Who Cares
13. Irrelevant
14. Making up the numbers
15. Another rebuild
16. Sack the Coach
17. Sack the Coach & Board
18. Sack the Coach, Board & Priority pick please

Last edited:

I love overconfident Tiger supporters makes it even more enjoyable when you kick them out of finals

• Wild cards for climbing into the top 8:
  • St Kilda (could Ross the Boss straighten up the Saints in one off-season?)
It’s not like it would take that much. Just two years ago we finished 5th, and off literally the hardest draw in the comp in both of the two years since, we’ve missed the 8 by just 1 win (in seasons where we sold home games against the Adelaide teams to Cairns, both of which we lost by under a goal- which we won’t be doing again next year) and just half a season ago we were 8-3, and above Geelong on the ladder.

Just a normal difficulty draw- rather than the hardest in the comp- and not selling a home game to Cairns could be worth the required extra 2 wins, without us even needing to improve one bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back