Analysis The Veterans, What to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Jack be delisted and then rookiedon minimum chips but then be paid as a Ressies coach outside the salary cap?

Alternatively could he be delisted and then employed as a top up player and captain coach of the 2s outside the salary cap?

That leaves Jack who is at least getting on the park, they won't cull all the experience from our list so I think he'd be the one they keep. Reckon will spend the 2020 in the NEAFL with the young guys coming through.

He's been a great servant of the club, but this is now the 3rd season in a row he's been poor (possibly due to his hip issues), there's very little chance of him playing on next year IMO

Could Jack be delisted and then rookiedon minimum chips but then be paid as a Ressies coach outside the salary cap?

Alternatively could he be delisted and then employed as a top up player and captain coach of the 2s outside the salary cap?

First option I believe no. We couldn’t pay him outside the salary cap if he was on our list.

Second question I am pretty sure yes. I think GWS did this with a player at one point?

Well, hopefully Macca will be in our coaching box. From all accounts he has an immense footy brain. With the possible departures of Horse, Blakey and Kirk, Macca would bring some key attributes to whatever role he is assigned and provide vital support to the new coach.

First option I believe no. We couldn’t pay him outside the salary cap if he was on our list.

Second question I am pretty sure yes. I think GWS did this with a player at one point?

Thanks for that. KJ is someone it would be great to keep around the Club.

I am going to put a series of questions about the Ressies on the right thread.

Well, hopefully Macca will be in our coaching box. From all accounts he has an immense footy brain. With the possible departures of Horse, Blakey and Kirk, Macca would bring some key attributes to whatever role he is assigned and provide vital support to the new coach.
From memory it's already agreed that when he does retire he will become a coach at the Swans

I doubt if McVeigh, Grundy or Jack will play on. Just that will take our list from fourth youngest to ??

Yep. It's going to be a sad day when there aren't any players older than me still running around... and time is fast approaching.

Thank god for Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back