VFL The VFL Thread Part II - [Wildcard Round (7 v 10) Melbourne v North Melbourne, Sunday 27 Aug, 2.45pm, Casey Fields]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much to take away from that from an AFL perspective other than:

• Edwards is sadly nowhere near it. Delist.
  • Bonar had the worst 25 disposal game I’ve ever seen. He was humiliated.
  • Dees will get a good return for Grundy. Still a gun.
I think an overall positive is that in the last couple of years we’ve done well using later picks drafting for AFL traits, even if the junior performances haven’t quite been there. Eddie a prime example. The young listed guys at Casey have obvious talent and get a long apprenticeship. That’s the way forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump. Disappointing to see no new vfl thread.
38 point win today, does anyone know if there is a way to watch a replay of the game. Also do we start a new vfl thread?

As for the replay, should be one on the afl website tomorrow or Monday.

Ok, so I confess - I couldn't bear the 3rd quarter, so switched over to the VFL stream. From what I saw;

• phillips was workmanlike around the stoppage, but not an absolute standard out
  • Wil Dawson was marking it well on what I saw - the commentators were saying in the 1st half he was invisible
  • Biggie took some good intercept marks - I hope we persist, as I think his skills and athleticism are attributes, but his game sense is the problem
  • Finbar Malley is a funny one - should have had 3 (having taken a mark on the goal line, went to wheel around and pop it through only to have it spoiled - think Nick Reiwoldt in a grand final) and another time was the forward most player, took a mark midfield and turned around and kicked it to no-one. Ditto game sense
  • Taylor Goad is..... tall
  • Sellars crashed the requisite number of packs, knows forward play, kicks straight
  • Hamish Free is getting around the ground pretty well
  • Jackson Archer's kicking has improved - out of sight
  • For a 21 one year old, Miller Bergman is shaping as a first class quarter back

You can see the 'one club' game plan - run and gun from half back

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back