• Zac Bailey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

• Marcus Adams

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we're back baby for the third crack this year. Congratulations to Viceregal who coveted himself in glory (and who knows what else in his celebrations, which I'm told left Mitch Clark shocked and disturbed). Basic premise, pick who you think will kick a goal for the next game. More convoluted crap below.

Rules

Basic plot: You have to pick a Lions goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread by voting in the poll. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. You can only pick a player once during the comp, if you select the same person twice you will be eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Tiebreaker: As the competition goes on I will count your goals. Eg if you pick Hipwood this week and he kicks 5 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point. If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then each of them will get 1 point if they got the highest goal kicker for that round. If we're still tied after then the winner will be determined by undergoing the Jack Redden challenge, where a ball will be kicked into your nether regions with the first one to kneel the loser.

Well we're back baby for the third crack this year. Congratulations to Viceregal who coveted himself in glory (and who knows what else in his celebrations, which I'm told left Mitch Clark shocked and disturbed).

More covetous than Mitch Clark ... that sounds hard! ;)

Well it was a first week of carnage with only 13 of the 24 entrants actually getting through, thanks to perhaps our most concentrated spread of goalkickers for a while. Apologies for this not being updated last week, however a cold and a 3 year old with dual ear infections cut into my time to get things counted. But we're back this week. Below are those who are still in it. You can vote from now for this week's game but remember if teams change and the person you voted for is out you'll get whoever i slot into their space.

I thought I would remove all of the tension about back to back possibilities by choosing Rayner in the first round and getting eliminated ... unless there is some ancient Collingwood rule on the books where the minor premier gets an extra life ;)
At least you didn't completely forget to enter. The Return of the Cooties Cup is not a possibility, it's not coming home...

Well that narrowed it down, with a few not voting and McStay not getting a goal. If we keep going at this rate we might get another round in before finals

Poll will be updated when teams are announced

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that ended quickly! Fancy no one picking a single goal kicker this week, which means that this comp is officially the shortest lasting only 3 games. As per the rules in the event of a tie the winner will be whoever tallied the most goals by their selected players. So with only 2 weeks of competition done i was assuming it may be a tie. However an inspired choice of Eric Hipwood in the Melbourne game and Cameron in the Port game with a grand total of 9 goals across two games....

The Winner is leaper who was pretty chuffed at yestedays medal presentation. Second place went to dlanod who probably could have handled his selection of Zorko over Hipwood in the Melbourne game with a little more grace. Third place was a 3 way tie between MSB ROYS trikster and BL_dobsmob . Only one of them bothered to show up but I couldn't really say which one as I didn't really care enough about 3rd place to ask for a name.

It appears we will get in another round this season so look out for the new comp once teams are released on Thursday night.

Back