State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh.

Test cricket is on the MCG. THAT IS OUR HOME.
Play games there.
I don't mind playing on the MCG but there should be tour games scheduled there. More than 1 FC game a year.

You're forgetting the Shield Final which obviously we'll make and host :p
With Nic Maddinson with us, anything is possible!

And I mean anything.

Yep, 25 wickets at 17. Good winter.

Division 1 cricket too. If you average it our by games played, Morne Morkel's the only one you could say is performing at a higher standard than he is.

Wouldn't be the worst to take on an Ashes tour, out of all the bowlers still in the Australian system he has the most experience and success in English conditions. Jimmy Anderson is 2 years older and still dominating, no reason why Sids can't either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do we think plays JLT opener? For me something like:

Harris
White (c)
Maddinson
Pucovski
Gotch (+)
Short
Sutherland
O'Connell
Siddle
Pattinson
Boland

Coleman, Harper and Dean in reserve. Looks a bit thin batting wise

There's probably more than a decent chance, given his poor run of form, that Handscomb doesn't make the UAE team and is back for the domestic one dayers.
Yep. Plus now we have Maxwell too for whatever reason, although I'm not entirely sure Maxwell won't go "* this s**t" and play the T20 circuit. Overall the squad probably looks like:

White
Maddinson
Handscomb (c)
Maxwell
Short
Gotch (+)
Sutherland
O'Connell
Tremain
Boland
Coleman

Pucovski, Grimwade and Crone/Evans/Reed/Other quick in reserve.

They're continuing to bastardize the Shield. Now in case of a draw in the Final (with 270 overs played) it goes to the team who has more Bonus Points.

Wtf. That changes nothing from what it was like before. The only difference is if the team that finishes second has more bonus points the home team will know they need to produce a result pitch. But the problem will remain that one team can play for the draw from the start of the match.

Making it the bonus points from the match would have made a lot more sense if they wanted to change the system.
It would have meant neither team would know going into the match who would win the Shield in the event of a draw. Both teams would have to play the first innings normally or more excitingly in a push for bonus points or more defensively to deny the other team bonus points. And the home team would be forced to produce a fair wicket for batting and bowling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back