State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Common sense decision.

I would have preferred a final, with both squads at full strength, but it’s not like NSW were just a few points ahead of the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSW..the England of Shield Cricket!

Seriously tho it’s the only outcome that could have been arrived at

Unfortunately yes. I was hoping they would play it at a later date with full squads, so personally I wouldn't have cancelled, rather postponed it. However, it's highly optimistic we'd get a game in anyway

The right Decision. My mate from Sydney also says its the right call. But he is a Man Utd supporter and doesn’t think Liverpool should be awarded the premier league title as it stands. So not sure how much weight his opinion carries haha
Liverpool shouldn't be awarded the title.

lol, talk about your contradictions, but they’re miles ahead of the competition? Why is it any different?
One has 10 games left, the other literally had one round, and a guaranteed host for the final.

One has 10 games left, the other literally had one round, and a guaranteed host for the final.

Liverpool also hasn't got the required points. There is also a team behind them that could catch them (it's Liverpool after all)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liverpool also hasn't got the required points. There is also a team behind them that could catch them (it's Liverpool after all)

But cricket has never been first past the post, they have a final and NSW had just lost to their likely final opponent as well as the bottom team!

For Liverpool to have not won the title, they would need to lose every single game remaining and Man City win every single game.

NSW losing the final was a far more likely outcome

I’d say, given the players we could get back, the odds would be basically even in a final.

It was the only sensible conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But cricket has never been first past the post, they have a final and NSW had just lost to their likely final opponent as well as the bottom team!

For Liverpool to have not won the title, they would need to lose every single game remaining and Man City win every single game.

NSW losing the final was a far more likely outcome

according to the great Wikipedia: since 1982–83, the top two teams after the 10 home and away rounds have met in a final.

hopefully they now never waste our time with a Sheffield shield final again

wouldn't be surprised if this was the first step towards scrapping it.

So we're supposedly getting Stoinis and Zampa over winter. Who are we shedding to accommodate Stoinis? Reasonably sure Zampa will be a CA contract. That List A side could be brutal:

Finch
Harper/Short/Gotch (+ Handscomb to keep if Short, who moves to 6. Gotch also 6)
Stoinis
Maddinson
Handscomb
Maxwell
Sutherland
Pattinson
Zampa
Siddle/Holland
Coleman

Whereas the FC side could be:

Harris
Maddinson
Pucovski?
Handscomb (c)
2x Finch/Maxwell/Short/JFM/Stoinis
Gotch/Harper (+)
Sutherland
Pattinson
Siddle
Parker/Holland

Short should probably move to SA.

So we're supposedly getting Stoinis and Zampa over winter. Who are we shedding to accommodate Stoinis? Reasonably sure Zampa will be a CA contract. That List A side could be brutal:

Finch
Harper/Short/Gotch (+ Handscomb to keep if Short, who moves to 6. Gotch also 6)
Stoinis
Maddinson
Handscomb
Maxwell
Sutherland
Pattinson
Zampa
Siddle/Holland
Coleman

Whereas the FC side could be:

Harris
Maddinson