State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd respectfully disagree.

Our batsmen who will be around the mark (including Stoinis) and their averages (last year/career)

Gotch (213/38)
Maddinson (87/40)
Harris (49/38)
Pucovski (47/42)
Dean (42/32)
Finch (35/36)
Maxwell (34/39)
Short (32/39)
Harper (31/22)
Handscomb (27/38)
Fraser-McGurk (22/22)
Stoinis (31/33)

And bowlers (including Mackin, not including Siddle/Tremain):

Mackin (91/30)
Sutherland (18/18)
Parker (26/26)
Pattinson (29/22)
Boland (35/28)
Holland (59/33)

There's plenty of depth in the batting, not a lot in the bowling.
Stonis is coming?
Maxwell/puc do have mental health issues
Maddison/Finch/Harris could be intentional players

If everyone stayed fit we are good

That really shows the difference between FC and grade cricket (outside of NSW), Trent Lawford topping the wickets twice. Not exaggerating when I say he's one of the worst bowlers I've seen at a professional level, could give it a fair whack though.
He also never gets selected for 2nd XI cricket, plus Fitzroy-Doncaster has a top 3 track for bowlers in the comp from the bits and pieces I hear. Yeah, I see what you mean though.

Apparently a Queenslander with Shield experience is moving down to Premier Cricket as well according to Paul Amy. I doubt any of Neser, Steketee, Edwards or Bartlett (the former two for obvious reasons, Edwards/Bartlett due to fighting for that 3rd quick spot) would leave, which leaves Billy Stanlake, Alister McDermott or Brendan Doggett. I wouldn't mind McDermott or Doggett, but I think Stanlake might try his luck at SA.

That could leave us with a battery of:

Sutherland, Pattinson, Boland, Prestwidge, Mackin, McDermott/Doggett, Coleman (ODD only)

And spinners of:

O'Connell, Parker?, Holland, Alavi, Zampa?

That's actually some pretty good depth there. Not many would be swinging the red ball though, Pattinson and McDermott/Doggett do, haven't seen Prestwidge bowl a red ball, and Mackin is more of a hit the deck hard bowler isn't he?

He also never gets selected for 2nd XI cricket, plus Fitzroy-Doncaster has a top 3 track for bowlers in the comp from the bits and pieces I hear. Yeah, I see what you mean though.

Apparently a Queenslander with Shield experience is moving down to Premier Cricket as well according to Paul Amy. I doubt any of Neser, Steketee, Edwards or Bartlett (the former two for obvious reasons, Edwards/Bartlett due to fighting for that 3rd quick spot) would leave, which leaves Billy Stanlake, Alister McDermott or Brendan Doggett. I wouldn't mind McDermott or Doggett, but I think Stanlake might try his luck at SA.

That could leave us with a battery of:

Sutherland, Pattinson, Boland, Prestwidge, Mackin, McDermott/Doggett, Coleman (ODD only)

And spinners of:

O'Connell, Parker?, Holland, Alavi, Zampa?

That's actually some pretty good depth there. Not many would be swinging the red ball though, Pattinson and McDermott/Doggett do, haven't seen Prestwidge bowl a red ball, and Mackin is more of a hit the deck hard bowler isn't he?
Could be Stanlake as he is moving to Melbourne for the BBL by all reports.

Im fairly certain Alister McDermott has retired once again, after injury reoccurences at the beginning of the 2019/20 season

And we still don't have a coach wouldn't mind Baylis or Dizzy
Dizzy is only interviewing for SA. Bayliss only for us. Rogers and Harris for both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dizzy is only interviewing for SA. Bayliss only for us. Rogers and Harris for both.
do you have a source? would love to read more
Bayliss would be the best option

do you have a source? would love to read more
Bayliss would be the best option
Someone reasonably high up at CV. That's all I have though

Someone reasonably high up at CV. That's all I have though
oh damn thought it was in a paper

I don't like Haris as an option would like Rogers seemed like a good egg

oh damn thought it was in a paper

I don't like Haris as an option would like Rogers seemed like a good egg
Ryan Harris is an interesting one. He went from a very solid state bowler into a superstar virtually overnight. He's one I can definitely see getting a head coaching gig very soon.

Rogers will get a gig, and soon. I think he's unlucky that he's competing against two extremely well credentialed coaches.

I think Bayliss' CV is too good to ignore for me.

Ryan Harris is an interesting one. He went from a very solid state bowler into a superstar virtually overnight. He's one I can definitely see getting a head coaching gig very soon.

Rogers will get a gig, and soon. I think he's unlucky that he's competing against two extremely well credentialed coaches.

I think Bayliss' CV is too good to ignore for me.

Will it come down to money? Will Rogers and Harris be a cheaper option than Bayliss?

Will it come down to money? Will Rogers and Harris be a cheaper option than Bayliss?
I honestly have no idea. Rogers isn't on a small amount of money in his current role I'm sure.

Cricket Victoria really ballsed this up!
almost like we should have one team

imagine if we didn't split our talent

Finch Stonis Harper Handscomb Larkin Maxwell NCN Richardson Lamichene Rauf

almost like we should have one team

imagine if we didn't split our talent

Finch Stonis Harper Handscomb Larkin Maxwell NCN Richardson Lamichene Rauf
Well first off, that's 10 players, second of all you'd probably have a couple of others ahead of Larkin IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back